• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Bankruptcy doesn't mean it's dead. It just means it has no money to pay off its debts and doesn't see enough money coming in to cover any of it.

I'm not really sure how bankruptcy works in Japan but there is a chance they could still operate while under bankruptcy although the more likely scenario is the company gets sold off in parts. Hopefully Atlus survives intact and doesn't get its IP just sold off.

I'm just intentionally dramatizing things. As long as the devs and IP stay together, I'm fine with whatever ultimately happens.

Battlefields are so grey. I need color. Looots of color! Like Rio Rainbow Gate!

You can't say something like this and then not watch Rio! Rainbow Gate for everyone's amusement.

fertygo

Bankruptcy doesn't mean it's dead. It just means it has no money to pay off its debts and doesn't see enough money coming in to cover any of it.

I'm not really sure how bankruptcy works in Japan but there is a chance they could still operate while under bankruptcy although the more likely scenario is the company gets sold off in parts. Hopefully Atlus survives intact and doesn't get its IP just sold off.

Fuck I just read the news.

My Personaaaaaaaaaa T________T

cajunator

Banned
I'm just intentionally dramatizing things. As long as the devs and IP stay together, I'm fine with whatever ultimately happens.

You can't say something like this and then not watch Rio! Rainbow Gate for everyone's amusement.

Ive watched a bit. Its on my backlog. Its so pretty, and people promised me it was plenty stupid too. I like what Im hearing.

Theonik

Miyuki Sawashiro would be my first pick, but she would work too.

Screw that guy. :(
Miyuki Sawashiro is everyone's first pick.

So making shit up is sexy? =D
Coprophilia.

I want a Project X Zone anime featuring only Tron Bonne's butt.
What about the others?

Just think how much worse it'd be without irc. :(
You mean better.

Hey, people weren't going to watch that show anyway because they were regularly told how awful it is!
Some might have been tempted to watch for the sakuga! Maybe.

It's someone's own fault if they can't see the difference between "boy, this suuuuure is bad!" *wink wink nudge nudge* and "this is a fucking piece of shit and don't waste your time with it".
There's a difference?

There's definitely a good amount of cuteness in Strike Witches, like Sanya and Perinne, and there are plenty upon plenty of butts. I think Theonik counted like 40+ in one of his recent episode impressions.
More like ~50+ per episode consistently and there is screenshots of every single one on my SW online album!

Anime OT 1: Posters with even-numbered birthdays

Anime OT 2: Posters with odd-numbered birthdays

Perfect solution.
#TeamEven

Do I know? Do I know? Do I really want to know why that is?

sonicmj1

I love you guys. Just dont love MGS :D

How can you hate this?
4e7d2706c472b.jpg

Naruto Shippuden Episode 319 – The Soul Living Inside the Puppet

As a Sasori fan, this was a good episode. Family values and friendship message was a good one to have. Komushi was a fun character too for Sasori's first and only friend.
was sad to see him lose his arm, then get affected with poison and not blame Sasori the whole way through, poor kid. Sasori seemed crushed

/XX/

Eh MGS games are fine enough. Especially the Ac!d games, and Ghost Babel. TOO BAD THEY WON'T GET RELEASED AGAIN BECAUSE IT AIN'T CANON!
Yep, NO LEGACY whatsoever for Shinta Nojiri. Five years and the possibility... is still there?

But yeah, MGS games are pretty fun for the most part. Pretty much the only worthwhile stealth franchise left though because WE GOTTA PANDER TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T BUY OUR GAMES
Let's not forget one of the jobs Ryan Payton had in the development of MGS4. Catering to a expansive and changing audience while trying to salvage what they could of the originally too ambitious concept to be fulfilled on the PS3 platform (altered since its intended first 'prototyped' architecture) was kind of a misstep from the extremely tight and thoughtful little playgrounds design of MGS3. Streamlining the control layout without other requisite changes going for it wasn't the best option, really.

MGS games are fucking shit.
I need to track down the '.GIF' of this CIA director's reaction for this cases!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Revolutionary Girl Utena 15

Why does he share a room with his sister? Doesn't that ever get awkward?
Miki is a man caught in the past. He's unable to see his sister as a grown woman now, much in the same way Nanami pines for her brother. He doesn't see anything wrong in sleeping in the same room as Kaoru because he's always done that since little. I think it's also telling how you never really see their parents, as that implies there is nobody to teach them about the issue with boys and girls sleeping together when growing up.
Bwhahaha, the sword popping out of Miki's chest looks so suggestive. Bwahaha.

[...]

Anthy's life is on the line and what is she doing? Drinking milk shakes.
Symbolism. The latter is probably important!

I've been thinking about starting Fairy Tail for quite some time now, are there any prominent female characters? And if so, any of which could be shipped as a yuri pair?

Just wanted to say that you shoudl'nt expect yuri in fairy tail .The thing is like void of it.

Thereis like one guild full of women that isn't bad but it's very very very limited and it doesn't appear until VERY VEYR LATE.

Now fairy tail is a decent shonen and plenty of fun , but it's void of yuri

I've been thinking about starting Fairy Tail for quite some time now, are there any prominent female characters? And if so, any of which could be shipped as a yuri pair?

There's not that much yuri in Fairy Tail. I'm pretty sure there's some yuri jokes thrown in some episodes, but it's still one hell of a fun show. It's an all time favourite of mine.

After all, it's got the best OST of all anime.

There might, be slight small spoilers in the related videos in those links, so I'd be wary.

wonzo

Banned
KITCHEN SINK SMUT 12-13 END

ibemnpEe9o1PzV.gif

look at dis eva wannabe

Well, if you like loli's getting tortured and pedorifdic nudity censored with hilariously awful light beams then you'll love these two episodes I guess. Thinking back on this series, I can't help but be amazed at just how shamelessly stupid and perverted the whole thing is to the point where it could've carried the entire show if none of the surprisingly excellent animation and scene composition was there.

The ending had one of those dumb collection of quick cuts of stuff from the manga while the credits were running so it's pretty clear that nothing else is gonna get adapted of this series so ~rip hair smut~

cnet128

Banned
KITCHEN SINK SMUT 12-13 END

Well, if you like loli's getting tortured and pedorifdic nudity censored with hilariously awful light beams then you'll love these two episodes I guess.

Hey, I thought those were pretty nice light beams. They actually looked like beams of light, as opposed to some other shows where it's more like somebody just went into Photoshop and dragged an eraser across the scene.

something posted an interesting, non-comprehensive look at how quite a number of series have done, sales-wise, with sequels and additional seasons. Worth a look to see who some the best and worst follow-up performers have been.

The show on this list that kept growing the most? Nanoha, which saw an astounding 160% increase in average sales from the original series to A's, and then another 100%-fold increase to Strikers.

cgskyTU.gif

Jubern

Fuck, I had totally forgot about this week's Majestic Prince being a "special episode" recap thing T_T

Maou-sama just ended. It was okay. Overall, I definitely liked it quite a bit, but I don't think it'll leave a lasting impression on me. Will watch the next season if there's one!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Today's the last episode of Hataraku Maou-sama... what will I have to look forward to on Thursdays now?

Ojamajo Doremi - 18

That's cheating.
They all are going to be level one witches until the end of this season like this.
That's cheating!!
When I saw the beginning of the episode I thought they would try to revive the dog, but instead Hazuki heals the bunny in a near death condition and the Queen saves her and give her a cold and no magic until the middle of the month.

duckroll

Fuck, I had totally forgot about this week's Majestic Prince being a "special episode" recap thing T_T

Maou-sama just ended. It was okay. Overall, I definitely liked it quite a bit, but I don't think it'll leave a lasting impression on me. Will watch the next season if there's one!

Valvrave and Devil Survivor 2 are ending later tonight! >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom