• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
This Wonfes, believe! Also finished Snafu and Hataraku, why did they have to leave me?
At least hataraku looks like it'll get a second season. Snafu though, adapted most of the novels, Brain's Base, hehehe no more Snafu for me ever!

Yeah hopefully something shows up.
I'll buy one for every girl in the show, even toobitchy. But she will be last.

Shergal

And I'm failing to see how that can be seen as justifiable in any way, shape or form.

I don't think that's supposed to justify his actions, just explain them.

I haven't seen the movies, but
I recall Griffith's rise and fall being one of the best parts of Berserk. His character makes quite a lot of sense, and the breakdown he had at the end comes logically from events prior.
He's still an asshole, obviously.

Theonik

You guys really arguing over an anime girl's jawline?
This is serious business.
Future generations will remember the Jaw Wars like people remember WWII. The blood of the Jaw concentration camps will not wash easily.

And I'm failing to see how that can be seen as justifiable in any way, shape or form.
The thing about crimes of passion is that they often make zero sense. Grifith had basically lost any sense of humanity at that point.

Ojamajo Doremi - 36

Q: What happens when you race against the most hardworking rabbit and the fastest turtle?
A:
They both sleep.
So Onpu-chan isn't afraid of using magic
because she has a bracelet that repels bad things, but it's something from Majo Ruka so...safety isn't a priority here, good luck with that Onpu-chan.

Karneval 13

uz5I3cJl.jpg

So, season two where?

Well the ending wasn't bad. I expected a greater grand final battle and instead it was more like scream out your shota's name to win.

I guess I wasn't too impressed with how it resolved but it was still a fun show with all those nifty uniforms. The action was nice when it was there and I really do wonder if this ended following the manga or is this an original ending.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Karneval 13

http://i.imgur.com/uz5I3cJl.jpg

So, season two where?

Well the ending wasn't bad. I expected a greater grand final battle and instead it was more like scream out your shota's name to win.

I guess I wasn't too impressed with how it resolved but it was still a fun show with all those nifty uniforms. The action was nice when it was there and I really do wonder if this ended following the manga or is this an original ending.

How many DTLs is this show?!

7Th

Magazine scans or are they just dumping it on the net? I'm guessing no PV.

The usual magazine stuff first and then uploading it all to the official site after they've sold enough NewType. As for new PVs... Aniplex just uploads that shit without warning whenever they feel like it.

space bros 64

I like cake

randomk-oncakepic.png

Really saddening eps... this show seriously has some of the best OST in anime. Sooo good.

random note on games I'm playing, Layton brothers for iOS is realllly good.

2013-06-29%2010.54.30.png

not only does it have an adorable protag with a hideous some sort of english accent of what japanese people think is real, it's also plays like ace attorney investigations, but with the classic Detective Conan rule of 3 (suspects) for each crime :)

not only does it have an adorable protag with a hideous some sort of english accent of what japanese people think is real, it's also plays like ace attorney investigations, but with the classic Detective Conan rule of 3 (suspects) for each crime :)

That big hat is adorable. Her outfit reminds me of Kino.

adult shows time.

Kakushi Dere 1

one of the more happy hentais of recent.

kak5.png

Not something to watch with the parents or the police or w/e... but its enjoyable and entertaining to watch.

like the art too.

Muromi-san End

About the ending I expected. Don't really have much to say about it, but it seems so common of these directionless comedy shows to introduce a minor degree of future uncertainty, and then pretty much turn around and say "STATUS QUO!".

I liked this show. It had energy, good animation and fun characters. I would say it lacks the punch to become a true wacky comedy classic like Excel Saga or Hare + Guu, but it was fun nonetheless. Will probably get an honorable mention out of me when the AOTYs come around.

Guys, is the Fairy Tail anime cancelled? God damn I just lost all my will to watch it then.
;___:

You should most definitely watch Fairy Tail! The anime has most definitely not stopped, as it ended on a To be Continued, and the creator has been teasing some good news lately rather than confirming it's cancellation.

Also its OST is one of the greatest things to ever grace anime.

cajunator

Banned
space bros 64

I like cake

randomk-oncakepic.png

Really saddening eps... this show seriously has some of the best OST in anime. Sooo good.

It does. I wish I could get that OSt but I dont think its sold separately from the show.

Midonin

Doki Doki! Precure 22

The yuri goggles are going into overdrive here. Mana and Regina's bed-sharing scene was brimming with tension. It's like Love/Setsuna, only Mana already had a harem beforehand. Unlike Setsuna, Regina's turn to good lasted for less than one episode, before Papa Selfish
appeared on Earth and brainwashed her, making her red parts purple, her eyes permanently red, and her heart black. It's like Mephisto's stuff, but done by Chernabog.
In typical Toei fashion, Cure Ace
didn't show up unti the very end of the episode. I look forward to seeing what you can do, Cure Kugimiya.
Kugyuu as Ace is not what I would've expected, but I'll roll with it. Since she's not Regina or Marie Ange (apparently), who IS she? Right now she's acting like one of Kyoryu's Spirit Rangers.

Next week has
the Selfish Trio getting an upgrade, and Mana being heartbroken after losing her second wife.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I think I watched the first episode a long time ago and then I forgot about it when the second episode came out. I find it hilarious Asami Imai was in that.

Oh my god man watch the second episode. Please. It will break your brain in ways you didn't know possible. It's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

Theonik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom