• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

So thats where Mastodon zord in Power rangers got inspiration from...

It's the single most powerful Gundam ever designed. Just LOOK at it.

Think this came out a couple years after what you're talking about.

Thing looks like a Zoid.

All this time I thought Gundam was the serious counterpart to Macross...

G Gundam has never even heard the word serious before, and would not like to.

Toradora! 18

Taiga's Christmas spirit is so infectiously feel-good.
It's such a reversal with Minori. It's hard to watch her feel this hurt. The tree-making scene was way too happy and I had a feeling something was about to go down. Everything felt as fragile as that glass ornament. But watching Minori take the brunt of it sucks. I need to see what became of her talk with Ryuji!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Thing looks like a Zoid.

It looks like Elephander.

038%2BElephander.JPG

I bought this thing (Japanese version and everything) at a comic con for like five bucks many, many years ago. Then months later I realized I didn't want it and it was just taking up space and I couldn't even give the fucking thing away. :lol

CorvoSol

It looks like Elephander.

038%2BElephander.JPG

I bought this thing (Japanese version and everything) at a comic con for like five bucks many, many years ago. Then months later I realized I didn't want it and it was just taking up space and I couldn't even give the fucking thing away. :lol

Hahaha, I used to love Zoids. I still have the Liger Zero in my room. But I'd still kill for a Berserk Fuhrer model.

Jintor

Toradora! 18

It's such a reversal with Minori. It's hard to watch her feel this hurt. The tree-making scene was way too happy and I had a feeling something was about to go down. Everything felt as fragile as that glass ornament. But watching Minori take the brunt of it sucks. I need to see what became of her talk with Ryuji!

I'm living vicariously through you right now, I thought you should know

I try not to put on my "real life is just like anime11!!!!111" glasses too often, but today has been one of those days.

One of my co-workers (a Japanese English teacher), is pretty much the cliche mid-30's female teacher in anime. She constantly talks about her private life, always talks about how tired she is, about love, etc etc.

It's actually hilarious to work with her because the kids are all just like "Oh Catherine-sensei, you so crazy."

Anime=real life, clearly.

Tenumi

Banned
Hahaha, I used to love Zoids. I still have the Liger Zero in my room. But I'd still kill for a Berserk Fuhrer model.

I've got a Liger Zero (Its red, whatever that model was called) and one that looks T-rex like in my bedroom. Me and one of my friends were crazy for that series back when we were younger.

Toradora! 18

I wish I could watch this show for the first time again.

Agghhhh

I try not to put on my "real life is just like anime11!!!!111" glasses too often, but today has been one of those days.

One of my co-workers (a Japanese English teacher), is pretty much the cliche mid-30's female teacher in anime. She constantly talks about her private life, always talks about how tired she is, about love, etc etc.

It's actually hilarious to work with her because the kids are all just like "Oh Catherine-sensei, you so crazy."

"Sugoi!"

Jintor

They're good feels.

Glad I stuck to the month-to-month for Crunchy. Cancelled for this month since Project X Zone, Animal Crossing and Cosmos are eating up any time I'm not working on writing... which is nice. Got a few guest codes if anybody wants.

Toradora! 19

Not like this. Never like this. Oh god why did it turn out like this?
There was happiness surrounding the Christmas festivities once again, only I truly believed it would be met with even more sweet moments. But I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. My heart was pounding. My mind was racing. Who was that in the Santa costume? Where did Ryuji run off to? Did Minori make it to the party? I found out, alright. Ryuji's kindness towards Taiga was so heart-warming, but her tears started everything. My heart sank when she ran after him, and it hit rock bottom when I saw Minori standing there, coming to the realization that her guilt wasn't misplaced. Ryuiji's been shot down, but he still doesn't know how everyone else feels.
I can't put this down right now. Not like this.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Toradora! 17

Finally back! And what a better way to return than with a new OP and ED? Holiday season means cool new winter apparel! Taiga be rockin' dat white coat! And what's dis? I totally noticed something was different about her before someone called her out on it. New Taiga; hnng all the same. But we need more Minori. Lots and lots of Minori. Also what up with Orange? Shipper on deck, broskies. Rockin' da boat.

Toradora! 18

Toradora! 19

Not like this. Never like this. Oh god why did it turn out like this?
There was happiness surrounding the Christmas festivities once again, only I truly believed it would be met with even more sweet moments. But I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. My heart was pounding. My mind was racing. Who was that in the Santa costume? Where did Ryuji run off to? Did Minori make it to the party? I found out, alright. Ryuji's kindness towards Taiga was so heart-warming, but her tears started everything. My heart sank when she ran after him, and it hit rock bottom when I saw Minori standing there, coming to the realization that her guilt wasn't misplaced. Ryuiji's been shot down, but he still doesn't know how everyone else feels.
I can't put this down right now. Not like this.

Yesss

It begins

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Made a couple practice images before doing something major. They're pretty rough though

Keep us posted on these! :D

Oh hey, someone reads my impressions :D

Looks like its time to move on to the next series!
  • Hyouka 01
F0yYfCZ.png

Ah yes, joining a club. This set up and introduction is reminding me of the first episode of SNAFU. Or maybe SNAFU is just wishing it was Hyouka?

Praise our CG overlords!

Chitanda Eru-erufu's voice is adorable. I hope this doesn't end up biting me in the butt. And Satoshi Ketchum seems cool so far.

This watercolor look is pretty cool. I wonder if it'll crop up again later in the series.

Oh man, I love mysteries. I hope this show delivers!

Oh man, that part near the middle with the gigantic flowing hair animation... my GOD... I nearly had an orgy just watching that.

cajunator

Banned
Think this came out a couple years after what you're talking about.

Quoting Seraphis so his knowledge isn't lost to the curse of a 00 post.

Well...shit. I didnt want to claim power rangers/super sentai did it first cause I figured the anime would have predated it. the more you know...

A real life Catherine would scare the shit out of me. She as CRAZY.

Oh god...what have I become...

a better person!

Nyaruko - W [end]

Cute_crawling_chaos.gif

Yet again a fake drama in order to try to fool the viewer that thing got serious to troll in the end.

Things to note : The AGE system sucks & grade schoolers are awesome ????

wait what ?

1365974895055.gif

Overall the nyaruko season was quite good , even if some character were badly underused , overall i like the first season more even if teh second wasn't that bad.
In the same way i did prefer the first season opening song , but i've warmed up to this one that is still catchy.

NOTE : 7/10

Getting ready for a next set of oav & nyaruko Z

It's probably already been posted and I really don't want to wade through the thread, but the new PV for The World God Only Knows is promising.
http://youtu.be/W1wBT7NcOV8
Bring on that Goddess arc!

Not sure if I'm a fan of the new OP. The best Engrish was definitely the first season's OP and I got used to the second season's after a little while.

CorvoSol

I've got a Liger Zero (Its red, whatever that model was called) and one that looks T-rex like in my bedroom. Me and one of my friends were crazy for that series back when we were younger.

The one true CG mecha show for me.

Hey, so, can I take a minute to laugh about how Akio uses his little observatory to lure women into makin' out with him? Because in the town where I go to school "stargazing" is basically a euphemism for making out. Any time a guy says that he went stargazing with a girl, it is assumed this is what he actually did.

cajunator

Banned
And people wonder why I worship the ground Kosuke Fujishima walks on.

They spent the whole budget for your sake!

It's probably already been posted and I really don't want to wade through the thread, but the new PV for The World God Only Knows is promising.
http://youtu.be/W1wBT7NcOV8
Bring on that Goddess arc!

Not sure if I'm a fan of the new OP. The best Engrish was definitely the first season's OP and I got used to the second season's after a little while.

Yes. YESSSSS.

Toradora! 20

Ryuji's starting to understand how Minori feels, thanks to Taiga. But Taiga is now the one who's keeping her feelings to herself and going against them in order to push away the guilt. Taiga and Minori have had a role-reversal once again, only Minori's attempt at normalcy is a feigned one. She's trying to be her old self in the hopes that she can force Ryuji to give up on her, only the brilliant Taiga's masterful interference causes her real frustration to slip out. This leads to some supplemental hand-holding between the two, and Ryuji attains newfound conviction in confessing his feelings. It's exciting, but at the same time terrifying. Someone's going to get hurt and I don't want that to happen to anyone.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Toradora! 20

Ryuji's starting to understand how Minori feels, thanks to Taiga. But Taiga is now the one who's keeping her feelings to herself and going against them in order to push away the guilt. Taiga and Minori have had a role-reversal once again, only Minori's attempt at normalcy is a feigned one. She's trying to be her old self in the hopes that she can force Ryuji to give up on her, only the brilliant Taiga's masterful interference causes her real frustration to slip out. This leads to some supplemental hand-holding between the two, and Ryuji attains newfound conviction in confessing his feelings. It's exciting, but at the same time terrifying. Someone's going to get hurt and I don't want that to happen to anyone.

Oh we're going to have some fun

Keep going! It gets great

If I didn't like Hyouka that much, will I like Aku no Hana?

Aside from the top-notch directing skill backing them up, the two shows are really not that similar. To summarize, Aku no Hana is tense yet meditative psychological horror.

Knowing your interests, I think Aku no Hana would be worth watching just to see its use of music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom