• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barakamon 2

ibw93kEePSsaRZ.jpg

So pretty big tone change here. It was still enjoyable, but I'm still a little disappointed.

That stinger, though, was that a dig at Tokyo Ghoul?

Yeah this episode was pretty packed. Though the tone does adjust in the next episode.

this hurts the soul so much

there is more than enough content for a S3.

And not enough momentum novel-wise to justify the costs of making one.

This has been in the works since 2009 at least from comments in the fanbook, so it's not like there's anything for the main series in the works. Even the new story in the game wasn't written by Tanigawa; it was a hired writer from Kadokawa.

fertygo

And not enough momentum novel-wise to justify the costs of making one.

This has been in the works since 2009 at least from comments in the fanbook, so it's not like there's anything for the main series in the works. Even the new story in the game wasn't written by Tanigawa; it was a hired writer from Kadokawa.

I read your post about this long ago, and I understand it completely.. but I wonder at this kind of scenario when the book don't need any marketing push again. Is something like 15k+ disc sales still not good enough incentive? Or to make another movie?

Surely Haruhi is very different case than FMP.

cajunator

Banned
Nozaki-kun - 05

Holy shit, another show that used Mozart's Horn Concerto in D, K. 412. Thank you anime for these gifts that only I could appreciate to their fullest extent. And it's the Exposition I.

This is why you are AWESOME.
Have you made any compositions recently?

I liked NGNL but Ping Pong was 'Oscar bait' and objectively a better show. I found NGNL more entertaining though. Same with Chaika.

Ping Pong reminds me too much of Ping Pong club which I definitely enjoyed less than Chaika or NGNL.

Well, I will say this; I made it all the way through Brynhildr, but dropped NGNL after four episodes.

Whaaaaa? Just when it was getting great!

could blank out onii-sama onii-sama?

I honestly felt the same way after the first couple of episodes.

I seriously think nobody could be victorious in that competition. They would just collide and a black hole would form. Blank would not lose and Oniisama could only win.

I read your post about this long ago, and I understand it completely.. but I wonder at this kind of scenario when the book don't need any marketing push again. Is something like 15k+ disc sales still not good enough incentive? Or to make another movie?

Surely Haruhi is very different case than FMP.
The problem lies with the video publisher being Kadokawa Shoten themselves. If it was someone like Aniplex or Warner, disc sales could encourage them to ask permission to do it (everyone's favorite Chihayafuru was done w/o manga publisher being on the committee). Since it's Kadokawa Shoten's video division, which only animates things that the publishing division wants to push (and some other ones from the other members of the Group like Fujimi Shobo), it's not their call to make more based on disc sales. As-is, anime is only used as the advertising medium it is for Kadokawa and nothing else. Those resources are better used for boosting sales of other titles rather than Haruhi/FMP/insert older series.

fertygo

The problem lies with the video publisher being Kadokawa Shoten themselves. If it was someone like Aniplex or Warner, disc sales could encourage them to ask permission to do it (everyone's favorite Chihayafuru was done w/o manga publisher being on the committee). Since it's Kadokawa Shoten's video division, which only animates things that the publishing division wants to push (and some other ones from the other members of the Group like Fujimi Shobo), it's not their call to make more based on disc sales. As-is, anime is only used as the advertising medium it is for Kadokawa and nothing else. Those resources are better used for boosting sales of other titles rather than Haruhi/FMP/insert older series.

That's very helpful, thank you. Its make me understand the situation albeit also questioning their policy, whatever that float on their boat I guess lol

cajunator

Banned
Hanayamata - 05

It's a declalaration of love for
Yosakoi

Tsundere is trying to fight but It's no USE ! You can't resist that smile !
You can tell me that this encounter with manager and professor won't result in something and I won't believe you...it's going to happen.

Overall great episode. A goal is set , the club is on the starting line All that's left is thet fifth girl in the OP

This show is so beautiful. I need to resume watching it today. SDBurton must be going absolutely nuts over it.

I make my friends watch anime. They look at me with a pleading face, not understanding why we can't watch a superior western show. Their contorted faces as they writhe in pain at the senpais and kohais please me. Why is there a cat lady there? What's the purpose of having a little girl who is actually a 1000 year old dragon but apparently never matured her personality?

No questions. Just anime.

Make them watch Millennium Actress.

Clov

Ping Pong reminds me too much of Ping Pong club which I definitely enjoyed less than Chaika or NGNL.

Ping-Pong is very different from that anime. It's seriously well done, and if you haven't already, you should definitely give it a shot!

santeesioux

Hey guys, i finally beat Person 4, should i wait a while to watch the anime, or dive in now? Don't wait to get fatigued from that story.

Hey could you answer why a popular manga like Tokyo Ghoul is one cour. And why it isn't adapted faithfully?

TUSR

Banned
Hey guys, i finally beat Person 4, should i wait a while to watch the anime, or dive in now? Don't wait to get fatigued from that story.

For your first play through how many hours did it take you? Im still working through P4G.

I've seen from impressions that the P4G anime this season is heavily Marie based.

santeesioux

For your first play through how many hours did it take you? Im still working through P4G.

I've seen from impressions that the P4G anime this season is heavily Marie based.

I played the vanilla game on the ps2 and it took me just under 60 hours. I grinded a little bit though.

Vylash

It's an adaptation of Marie's content, so yeah it's Marie based

I played the vanilla game on the ps2 and it took me just under 60 hours. I grinded a little bit though.

You poor thing, I'm so sorry

TUSR

Banned
I know someone mentioned a few pages ago about starting a review/impressions blog. Was there any follow through with that?

Also, has anyone compiled Jexhius and CorvoSol's NGE discussion? If not, it was a good read and it is worth compiling for future NGE viewers.

I love grinding in RPG games, so im assuming ill be around 90+ on my first run.

It's an adaptation of Marie's content, so yeah it's Marie based

That would explain that.

cajunator

Banned
I see all the frames have been hunted now:
http://haruhi.com

This is impressive beyond belief. How were they collected?

Ping-Pong is very different from that anime. It's seriously well done, and if you haven't already, you should definitely give it a shot!

Ill consider it.

It's the most pretentious anime I've seen. Probably. Wait, no, Shinkai exists.

Seriously cannot tell if you are joking but I hope not.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I know someone mentioned a few pages ago about starting a review/impressions blog. Was there any follow through with that?

Also, has anyone compiled Jexhius and CorvoSol's NGE discussion? If not, it was a good read and it is worth compiling for future NGE viewers.
I thought this was going to be done by the individual.

I quickly made a blog to gather up the few reviews I've put a bit of effort into writing. (I already had a tumblr set up because of New Leaf's image uploading) So far I've just put together my School Day review, which is probably the most time consuming one since it was split over many posts. May think of some others over the weekend. Haven't even bothered with the layout (this was the default they presented me with).

It's the most pretentious anime I've seen. Probably. Wait, no, Shinkai exists.

That was... unexpected.

There is a subset of anime that some people call it pretentious (be truth or not, it isn't relevant here), but it's the first time I've seen someone put Millenium Actress or Shinkai films (which usually are romance stories) in there.

Hey could you answer why a popular manga like Tokyo Ghoul is one cour. And why it isn't adapted faithfully?
Marvelous AQL tends to only pay for 1-cour shows. They're leading the committee, so they tend to make those decisions. The adaptation details likely stem from decisions made from the director/series composer with approval from the original mangaka. Those three have the biggest creative control over a series.

This is impressive beyond belief. How were they collected?
Digital cameras capturing ads on the web, billboards, at convenience stores, on flyers, in magazines, YouTube ads, and at train stations.

fertygo

Sorry for 2nd reply, but few more thought just crossed in my mind..

So Kadokawa as video publisher is less willing make decision with disc sales as main incentive, despite they perfectly aware with putting higher price for their disc.

And this pretty much kill any hope for future Hyouka's adaptation, rip.

cajunator

Banned
That was... unexpected.

There is a subset of anime that some people call it pretentious (be truth or not, it isn't relevant here), but it's the first time I've seen someone put Millenium Actress or Shinkai films (which usually are romance stories) in there.

Yeah Ive seen pretentious movies but...Millennium Actress is a pure story and not to stroke Satoshi Kon's ego. Actually I'm literally stunned and hurt by this assessment since he was my favorite director.

Marvelous AQL tends to only pay for 1-cour shows. They're leading the committee, so they tend to make those decisions. The adaptation details likely stem from decisions made from the director/series composer with approval from the original mangaka. Those three have the biggest creative control over a series.

Digital cameras capturing ads on the web, billboards, at convenience stores, on flyers, in magazines, YouTube ads, and at train stations.

That is a seriously awesome idea using current technology for something like this.
More companies should do it really.

Midonin

Momo Kyun Sword 05

I know the light bondage is something that will inevitably be mentioned, but it was only a few seconds in what was otherwise a simple and ultimately kind of sweet story about Momoko and her animal companions getting in a fight and making up. A story that's as old as media itself, though in this case I thought the flashbacks to her childhood, told almost entirely without dialogue, were a nice way to give the story some more emotional weight. Onihime's true to her word, too. No underhanded tactics, just yuri feelings. Or maybe that's me.

something about this gif just makes me....angry
Something about the whole show makes me angry especially the ending of the second season where it was just "LOOK AT HOW MOE THEY ARE. THOSE SILLY DANCE MOVES *heavy breathing*"

If I lived in a perfect world season 3 begins with the lead grabbing a shotgun. And going to town on all of them. The chuuni girl will be all "demon power umbre-" and then she's shot to death. The blonde one will scream in terror at her master's body but before she can utter 'death' POW! Then the sleepy one. That one is fairly easy since she could sleep through a sharknado. And finally the tsundere one with the really annoying hair clip. What's the point of that thing it won't block the shotgun shell.

When all is said and done the lead looks at his handywork and slowly whispers "the toll has been paid to cross the river". Then Kurt Cobain's. On the screen the text "based on the light novel Push by Sapphire" fades in.

The end. AOTY.

cajunator

Banned
Something about the whole show makes me angry especially the ending of the second season where it was just "LOOK AT HOW MOE THEY ARE. THOSE SILLY DANCE MOVES *heavy breathing*"

If I lived in a perfect world season 3 begins with the lead grabbing a shotgun. And going to town on all of them. The chuuni girl will be all "demon power umbre-" and then she's shot to death. The blonde one will scream in terror at her master's body but before she can utter 'death' POW! Then the sleepy one. That one is fairly easy since she could sleep through a sharknado. And finally the tsundere one with the really annoying hair clip. What's the point of that thing it won't block the shotgun shell.

When all is said and done the lead looks at his handywork and slowly whispers "the toll has been paid to cross the river". Then Kurt Cobain's. On the screen the text "based on the light novel Push by Sapphire" fades in.

The end. AOTY.

Please dont watch any more elfen Lied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom