• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

snpzUF2.jpg

wow
such 90s
much badass

The Slayers school of character design was the worst.

Prisma Illya 2wei 09
They spend all their animating budget on that fighting episode and

OMG so good. Some glimpses of CG here and there but the overall result was just AWESOME.

Someone please hold me or i'm gonna gif the entire episode.

BAZET DA BEST !
They better annonce 2wei PLUS after the next episode OR ELSE i'm gonna kill someone!

Nobunaga Concerto Episode 8

Excellent episode, I thought they would continue to avoid animating anytype of action scenes but they didnt. Sure it was short but it did seem quite intense, especially with Hideyoshi's choice.
Praying he doesnt ever betray Nobunaga, surely he wants to do the right thing at the end of the day or be convinced. Additionally Oishi can convince her husband too. Nagamasa really has no reason to fight, IMO

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Prisma Illya 2wei 09

OMG so good. Some glimpses of CG here and there but the overall result was just AWESOME.

BAZET DA BEST !
They better annonce 2wei PLUS after the next episode OR ELSE i'm gonna kill someone!

the fuck

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is the kind of shit Stump was talking about.

Please Teacher! 12

Everything ends well. Even Herikawa seems to find someone.

So, it starts out as a pretty standard romantic comedy stuff with some light fanservice. Not that much comedy though so it starts to get a bit boring after a while, but then it actually starts going somewhere a lot of other romantic comedy animes doesn't.

The characters gets married and they have relationship problems. I might even call some of it kinda realistic, at least for anime. This might sound strange since there's aliens and strange diseases, but yeah. And it all ends up in the kind of sappy stuff I like.

Even with all the pieces I like, it doesn't all fit together completely. I didn't get as emotionally invested in the characters as I would have wanted. I like it enough to call it good, but no more.

The music sounds very um... keyboard-y. Some hit and miss stuff. OP and ED is ok.

It's good, but not great so I give it 3.5/5 Maries:
jt6Ey7e.png
jt6Ey7e.png
jt6Ey7e.png
flCiI7u.png
kRk5bpk.png

Worth a look if you like romantic relationship drama.

Samurai Jam-Bakumatsu Rock Episode 10

Could h ave let Justice play more, they were just kids and deserved some time on the stage. Really made Ryouma's group look like bad guys.

I think the drama wasnt as intense or serious as it could have been. Cindy's part makes up for the lack of anything with Ryouma, but he just cant seem to connect with him or have any real reason to be fired up for Rock. :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Please Teacher! 12

So, it starts out as a pretty standard romantic comedy stuff with some light fanservice. Not that much comedy though so it starts to get a bit boring after a while, but then it actually starts going somewhere a lot of other romantic comedy animes doesn't.

The characters gets married and they have relationship problems. I might even call some of it kinda realistic, at least for anime. This might sound strange since there's aliens and strange diseases, but yeah. And it all ends up in the kind of sappy stuff I like.

Even with all the pieces I like, it doesn't all fit together completely. I didn't get as emotionally invested in the characters as I would have wanted. I like it enough to call it good, but no more.

The music sounds very um... keyboard-y. Some hit and miss stuff. OP and ED is ok.

For some reason my wife made me watch Please! Twins once.

Prisma Illya 2wei 09

BAZET DA BEST !
This episode turned out to be so much better than was expecting. I knew Bazett was pretty good but this makes her into a huge badass.

The Onegai! Teacher animes had nice OP / ED. Thats all about I remember from them. Been a while since I've watched them.

Yeah, basically a parallel with Haru's cherry blossom scene in season 1 with Rin.

Makoto's probably gonna tell Haru what he wants to do -- become a coach or whatever. Next episode doesn't look too eventful. I wonder if Haru plans to only swim relays from now on, since competitive freestyle gives him too much unwanted publicity.

I was actually disappointed that they let Sousuke swim. Even if he really wants to swim relay, isn't that kind of irresponsible? I think Rin should have put Sousuke's health before his wants.

I think they both realize that Sousuke is done as a swimmer. Hes injured and hes graduating so the chances of him getting scouted is really low. So better to go out with a nice memory than regret it forever, despite his injuries.

Rin also cries all the time.

Quasar

Please Teacher!

I liked it. The ova amused me, even if it was another wacky visit from her family episode.

The sequel I found totally boring/unmemorable. Too the point I cant even remember how the original cast are in it.

Trying to catch up with Onii-sama but this is just so damn bland. It's not even so bad that it would be someway entertaining. It's just fucking boring.

Quasar

If you want to watch a more than decent show with twins as a romance, watch Futokai Alternative by Ufotable.

I've seen Futakoi, not alternative. That was pretty unmemorable. All I really remember is the setup of a town where twins are the norm in families due to some local god or something.

Free! Eternal Summer Episode 10 – The Six-Beat Kick of Tears!
Ultimate Samezuka team is best team, like them a bit better than Iwatobi.
Will miss Sousuke but at least this confirms that he is out of the way for true RinHaru chemistry in the future, not that he was ever a point of confirm as he didnt save and keep saving Rin, but still.

One of the many times this anime has made teary eyes, Momo and Nitori caught up in it too even.

Favorite minor moment was the Rin Haru visual at the turn point.

I've seen Futakoi, not alternative. That was pretty unmemorable. All I really remember is the setup of a town where twins are the norm in families due to some local god or something.

futokai alternative is actually competent, as the character goes through major development. Completely different too, from what I gather the original is more about a harem of twins while Alternative is nothing like it. It has a couple of twins throughout the show, but the main two are the romantic interests.

fertygo

I think they both realize that Sousuke is done as a swimmer. Hes injured 9and hes graduating so the chances of him getting scouted is really low. So better to go out with a nice memory than regret it forever, despite his injuries.
Free! Etrrnal Summer

Stratch that how come the officials not stopping it lol

Extreme suspense disbelief needed for the whole thing lol.

Midonin

Cardcaptor Sakura 24

An Alice costume. Even if Tomoyo didn't know that Sakura would be shrinking and dealing with temperamental bugs and cats, that's an uncannily perfect choice of costume. And not the first Alice reference to come from this series either. Nor the last. Fun episode. I love how Sakura keeps finding new ways to use the cards, sometimes in the same episode she catches them, Flower, Song or Little in this case. Sakura and Kero's relationship can be worse than Usagi and Luna's on their bad days, but better on their good days. They have such great chemistry for magical girl and mascot. Kero even got to be used as a mount before he returned to his true form!

I've heard that the next episode is a major tipping point.

?? is there a problem ?? i'm very annoyed at the people who make 10 eps seasons for shows i like !

Please Teacher! 12

jt6Ey7e.png
jt6Ey7e.png
jt6Ey7e.png
flCiI7u.png
kRk5bpk.png

Nice write-up .. yeah sevearl piece of the show exist "just because" .to be fair, it's kinda hard to explain everything with only that amount of episodes but but i think that the overall result was alright.

I might just rewatch it , because of your impressions, onegai teacher left me a pleaseant sensation in my mind a while back when it was airing and i'm hoping my POV of teh show won't change if i rewatch-it now.
For some reason my wife made me watch Please! Twins once.
Gonna start on that one next :p
Please twins was ok as a slice of life show
but very horrible at drama

This episode turned out to be so much better than was expecting. I knew Bazett was pretty good but this makes her into a huge badass.

She wasn't even going all out.!!! And yeah she is great.

Pokemon XY 41

Gonna miss Jessie with her hair let down like that.

She looks 10x better than her normal style.

Tierno and his buddy Squirtle are really starting to grow on me.

Xerneas shows up which was okay.

Would have been great if they showed the superior legendary instead though.

cajunator

Banned
Im reaching the final episodes of From The New World and...holy shiiiiiiit what a show. Put this on your list if you havent. Its an incredible series.
i recommended it based on the premise and how strong it started out but theres so much at play here. The show is a lot more complex than first appearance and its becoming increasingly more tense and terrifying. I cannot wait to see how this all ends.

Syrinx

Earth Maiden Arjuna 4

Okay, despite being obviously preachy, I actually didn't think this episode was too bad. I do think there is something to be said for killing bugs and weeds and such because "they're pests". I do, however, have to call bullshit on what seems like this show coming up with some rationalization for us eating the vegetables and rice and such, which, as the show fails to point out directly, are living organisms, by saying that they "become part of us" or whatever. So it's not really killing them! No, sorry, it doesn't work that way; we eat other living organisms for sustinance; that rice isn't "living on" inside of me.

Arjuna learns what Chris' meaning behind asking her why she would kill those monster things, but it still isn't clear what the hell she's supposed to do about them. Maybe she's supposed to eat them like the veggies?

And fucking quit it with the CG; it ain't your forte.

Mothman91

Im reaching the final episodes of From The New World and...holy shiiiiiiit what a show. Put this on your list if you havent. Its an incredible series.
i recommended it based on the premise and how strong it started out but theres so much at play here. The show is a lot more complex than first appearance and its becoming increasingly more tense and terrifying. I cannot wait to see how this all ends.
Show is definitely tense and terrifying but I thought the ending was ok.

Branduil

Earth Maiden Arjuna 4

Okay, despite being obviously preachy, I actually didn't think this episode was too bad. I do think there is something to be said for killing bugs and weeds and such because "they're pests". I do, however, have to call bullshit on what seems like this show coming up with some rationalization for us eating the vegetables and rice and such, which, as the show fails to point out directly, are living organisms, by saying that they "become part of us" or whatever. So it's not really killing them! No, sorry, it doesn't work that way; we eat other living organisms for sustinance; that rice isn't "living on" inside of me.

Arjuna learns what Chris' meaning behind asking her why she would kill those monster things, but it still isn't clear what the hell she's supposed to do about them. Maybe she's supposed to eat them like the veggies?

And fucking quit it with the CG; it ain't your forte.

You still have much to learn from the mountain.

Posted this last night but doubt anyone saw it. Especially Woofington who recommended it.

Finished Gurren Lagann

Holy shit. I don't even know what happened in those last two episodes - that was so trippy. The show was crazy. I loved the evolution theme, starting out from a rudimentary village underground all the way to fighting in space-time. Nuts how that happened without me even realizing it, but I guess that was the point? Really clever. The show started off a bit slow, but it made the end so much better with the whole evolution you witness. Liked the character development, similar to FMA Brotherhood there were a ton of characters but they all got just the right amount of screen time/development time. Didn't feel like they were juggling too much. Simon changed a lot, though to me it sort of seemed like he just became Kamina which is weird because they went on and on about how he should try and "be himself". That's fine with me though because I loved Kamina.

That was great, thanks for recommending it everyone!

Now my list of watched anime:
Attack on Titan (so far)
FMA Brotherhood
Samurai Champloo
Gurren Lagann

To watch:
Cowboy Bebop (waiting for blu rays...?)

Any other short-ish series you guys would recommend? I'm talking 25-50ish episodes, maybe more maybe less. I know Woofington recommended me Gurren Lagann because it was on Toonami or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom