• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

Cardcaptor Sakura 28

Fictional Japanese elementary schools are serious. Kids cooking with hot oil as a regular lesson. I'm sure the school's serious about its safety procedures, but that's some high-level cooking. Having all those fake Cards is like the hiding a tree in the forest thing. Shot looks like a Superball of Death, and like Sword, makes another good standard in the magical girl arsenal. Close-ranged attacks and melee attacks are now available... not that Sakura ever faces any threats that are too serious.

Shergal

Digimon Adventure (1 - 54, END)
Next up, the franchise continues on with Digimon Adventure 02, the direct sequel to Digimon Adventure. But before that, I've got something to watch first: The second Digimon movie, Our War Game!
Did you watch the first 1999 movie? It's the best instalment of the franchise!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sabagebu! Episode 10:

The people who created this program clearly have a deep respect and love for 1980s action movies, I respect and salute this.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 10:

Yea, that is about how I would expect date between Seo and Wakamatsu to play out as.

Mothman91

Oh damn, newest Space Dandy was so good.

Are there any plans this will get a third season or anything of the sorts? This has quietly been one of the top shows for me this year.

Sabagebu 10
Starting to feel a bit of repetition though the idol girl loving Momoka too is funny. The last scene was also a funny reference

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Zankyo no terror 8
Lisa is still useless.
this episode suggest that numbered children are exposed to nuclear radiation, probably as part of experiments. I guess the reason they're doing the terrorism is to expose the experiment, and they are probably going to do it by using a nuclear threat. 3 episodes left, the music and animation is still top tier, so i;m going to stick with it.

NeonZ

What doesn't work, is this retcon that Kirito killed more people in SAO during the Laughing Coffin raid we never saw until now. Sinon was living a normal life until it was shattered in an instant when as an 11 year old she had to kill someone to save herself and others, something that could cause emotional instability in anyone especially at a young age, puberty is hard enough without the PTSD that incident with give her. Kirito however according to this new scene has been experienced in SAO for awhile, and has volunteered to go stop the members of laughing coffin who have been murdering other innocent players knowing full well he may have to kill some of them.

The oddest thing about this whole plotline is that they easily could have added this event to season 1. They had already filled most of the first half of the show with side-stories written after the fact. So, they easily could have developed this into something bigger that could take one episode of the original anime and it wouldn't be very different from many of the other side stories we saw there.

And yet, they didn't deal with this event at all, letting the problem of the original LNs remain there, in spite of clearly wanting to expand the SAO part of the story since they recognized that it was the most popular part of season 1. It's just odd.

Joe Molotov

In the Strike Witches universe, those ARE trousers. As for the reason why? You free to fill that hole yourself.

XoYgHyi.gif

Strike Witches - 9

These things are invading from another world or wherever. No one knows what they want. In this episode
Miyafuji makes contact with the Neuroi and it begins to take on the shape of a witch. It has no face, it just meta-morphs into it somehow. Miyafuji plays around with it and learns that it ain't so bad after all.

This is going in the exact same direction the Gundam 00 movie did.

Uh I mean,
MIO NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Branduil

You guys ready for another Hollywood anime adaptation that won't happen/will be bad?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-battleship-yamato-gets-hollywood-film/.78505

Skydance Productions, the Hollywood company behind Tom Cruise's Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol and Brad Pitt's World War Z, would be producing the project. 46-year-old Christopher McQuarrie would direct as soon as he finishes next year's Mission: Impossible 5. Sports Nippon reports that the project began when McQuarrie, a huge fan of Star Blazers, brought the property to the attention of Skydance.

jman2050

Sabagebu 10

Is this series doesn't end with an episode where
Momoka is a Terminator
I'm going to be mighty disappointed.

Mokarin continues to be an asshole in the best way possible.

cajunator

Banned
The oddest thing about this whole plotline is that they easily could have added this event to season 1. They had already filled most of the first half of the show with side-stories written after the fact. So, they easily could have developed this into something bigger that could take one episode of the original anime and it wouldn't be very different from many of the other side stories we saw there.

And yet, they didn't deal with this event at all, letting the problem of the original LNs remain there, in spite of clearly wanting to expand the SAO part of the story since they recognized that it was the most popular part of season 1. It's just odd.

the problem is giving SAO that kind of expectation.

This is amazing. Stuff that would be banned by google on gaf is actually being promoted by them.

Akame ga kill - 010

I hope Wave stays around because wow, third best character after Lubbock and Tatsumi. I also want a Tatsumi body pillow.
I kind of wanted Tatsumi to stay with Esdeath longer, the plot could have been good having him try to convince her for a bit and go on more Yeagers missions, Yeagers are one great group that you kind of dont want to see lose/die.

Akame ga Kill! 10

StCVpRp.png

Great episode. Tatsumi should have
stayed with the Jaegars longer so he could get ultra strong, and then take them down. I'm surprised he told Esdeath how hes feeling right away.
Shes such a sadist but I cant help but like her cause shes so cute and stuff.

Wave's armor is total badass. Tatsumi needs that upgraded Incursio.

I also like all of the Jaegars, except for crazy robot arms chick. She can DIAF but the rest are kind of cool :(

Strike Witches - 10

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt?!?

So let me guess, the government decided that magical girls no longer fit the bill so they decided to build AI mecha instead?!? Now they're arresting the entire squadron? What's going on here?!?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hanamonogatari Episode 1
It's good to watch some good ol monogatari again, theres nothing like it, this episode is interesting as it set up something that resolved it by the end, but sets up another shocker at the end which might have had something to do with the first plo point.

jman2050

Nozaki-kun 10

This show is hysterical. Definitely up there with stuff like Love Lab as this studio's best.

Waka's going to wake up one day married to Seo with kids and he'll still be wondering why she torments him so much.

foxuzamaki

Hanamonogatari Episode 2
Araragi: Pls respond
Kaiki!!!
<33333
Every time it appears in this anime, the quality of the dialogue goes up exponentially.
sporting dat beard

Strike Witches - 11

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Great idea military! Let's harness alien technology and make it the main power source of our mecha! Also, since one girl disobeyed the rules and the commander didn't kill her, let's also shut down our only feasible means of defence these past few years and put said mecha powered by the alien technology we know next to nothing about to the test and have it be the replacement even though we only made ONE of them!

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?!?

foxuzamaki

Want to watch the next episode of hanamonogatari but 3 posts in a row posted about this Nozaki-kun and how they love it

Sabagebu - 10

Sonokawa Momoka !

Best MC in anime ?

Those 3 quests were magnificent.

What could have happenned to make such a promising and optimist young girl into this ?
So much evil in one character.
So much evil in one character... Other antagonists in anime don't even come close

"We have never fought such an underhanded opponent before !"

And wasn't that a "predator" parody ?

mankoto

PuriPara 10
So the headmistress has moved on from Pizza to Pasta, huh? Well, at least it's healthier.

Even though Sophie probably only had 5 minutes or so of screentime, this episode was all about her. Understanding that she won in the last episode without "Fancy Mode," makes her not want to use it anymore. As such she wants to do something by herself - getting to PriPara. Unfortunately, her body and lack of direction won't allow that. And what's even worse is that her partner for the was already chosen for her which is more than likely not Lala.

Nozaki- kun - 01
Started this anime..
I won't lie , i would have probably skipped this anime if animegaf didn't talk about it.

and now i regret skipping it in the first place.
I kinda like those kind of love comedies.

TUSR

Banned
Nozaki- kun - 01
Started this anime..
I won't lie , i would have probably skipped this anime if animegaf didn't talk about it.

I was skeptical at first, it's a lot of fun.

Nozaki- kun - 01
Started this anime..

I was legit laughing at episode 2 and onwards. It's a really funny show.

Strike Witches - 12 END

So, I guess I'm supposed to watch season 2 now? I'm not entirely satisfied with this ending.

So, what exactly was up with the Neuroi that seemed to be communicating with Miyafuji? I know it got destroyed, but clearly it was trying to tell her something before. Do we ever find out what exactly it was?

Also, it's not like they threw a nuke into the breach or anything. The Neuroi are still flying around. Yeah ONE Nest was destroyed, but what about the rest of Europe? They still have to deal with that so S2 HAS to cover that detail.

But all in all, this was better than I expected (and my expectations were loooow). Much better than Vividred, I'll give it that. Despite the show having it's questionable moments, the show at least held it's own enough for me to actually care about some of these characters and their backstories. Some.

I know I've finished my side of the secret anime contest, but now I actually sort of want to see S2 due to the questions I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom