• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, My Sister Has Been Unusual 02

uqNifdJ.png

Explanation is done. Ghost girl was in love with onii-chan before she died and never got to confess her feelings towards him. If her desires are not fulfilled the chastity belt will never come off. Imouto could die if she neglects to indulge in these desires because horny ghosts that haunt you are sick individuals. Well that is one way to force incest.

Again imouto has to pee but finds herself trapped when her caring onii-chan takes her to the nurses office when he believes she is sick. Desperate and stuck in the nurse's office she finds a flower vase to pee it. Before she can do her business onii-chan comes back with nurse to see her with her skirt down in the most awkward position imaginable.
It's NSFW just describing this scenario...

By the end of the episode imouto is taking a bath and the bathroom door is stuck on the inside so onii-chan has to let her out from the outside. Ghost girl takes this opportunity and possesses imouto to drag onii-chan into the bathroom. She closes the door trapping them both in there while she is completely naked in the bath. Talk about cliffhanger...

dan2026

Huh, so Ultimate is airing on Toonami huh?

I guess I have two thoughts on that:

- Not listening to the original Japanese cast for Ultimate is a crime against art. I mean, Jouji Nakata as Alucard, Norio Wakamoto as Anderson, Yoshiko Sakakibara as Intergral and Motomu Kiyokawa as Walter. What more do you need?

- I look forward to reading the impressions for the very last set of episodes.

All you need to say is Norio Wakamoto as Anderson.

AMMMMMMMMMEEEENN!!!

I could listen to that guy ham it up forever.

cajunator

Banned
Recently, My Sister Has Been Unusual 02

Explanation is done. Ghost girl was in love with onii-chan before she died and never got to confess her feelings towards him. If her desires are not fulfilled the chastity belt will never come off. Imouto could die if she neglects to indulge in these desires because horny ghosts that haunt you are sick individuals. Well that is one way to force incest.

Again imouto has to pee but finds herself trapped when her caring onii-chan takes her to the nurses office when he believes she is sick. Desperate and stuck in the nurse's office she finds a flower vase to pee it. Before she can do her business onii-chan comes back with nurse to see her with her skirt down in the most awkward position imaginable.
It's NSFW just describing this scenario...

By the end of the episode imouto is taking a bath and the bathroom door is stuck on the inside so onii-chan has to let her out from the outside. Ghost girl takes this opportunity and possesses imouto to drag onii-chan into the bathroom. She closes the door trapping them both in there while she is completely naked in the bath. Talk about cliffhanger...

You poor thing. This is so cruel.

Mr.Jeff

The Idoolm@ster - END
The horror is finally over. I won't lie, the series felt all over the place.
The beginning of the series was a pretty bad start; episode 1 was essentially a run through of the idols and their personality traits and nothing else so from the next episodes that was all you had to judge them on.
The following episodes then focused on some of the individual idols and had far less weight than they tried to instil, knowing nothing about them beyond their brief introduction.

The show then moves on with a really odd mix of idol based over the top drama and wacky hijinks which never really gels well. The over the top villain of President Kuroi would have been fine but the way it was presented was just oddly vicious.

The ending of the show having finally ditched the boring rival team subplot then moves into drama revolving Yukiho and the rest of the team but this felt a lot more oddly competent than the shows previous attempts at drama despite being equally as unrealistic.

Edit: My other final problem with the show is that with such a large cast, it was inevitable that certain characters have their one episode to shine as a character and then are barely seen or heard from again. While I understand the necessity of this, it always strikes me as incredibly incompetent writing. If you're going to try and include everyone as important, wheeling them out when needs suit, why even have them in the first place.

It wasn't all bad though as some of the comedy episodes worked better than I would have thought. Episodes 15 and 26 - mostly based around their live TV show were probably my highlights.
I also find it amusing that despite all the heartwarming and almost harem lead-eque moment the producer has with the girls, he still remains as merely "Producer". I imagine it was deliberate though to keep the fans happy and their idols pure by having remain as a nameless, self insert, plot driving device.

Oh and Miki did nothing wrong.

Idol rankings: Takane > the rest.

Jex

All you need to say is Norio Wakamoto as Anderson.

AMMMMMMMMMEEEENN!!!

I could listen to that guy ham it up forever.

Sure, but my point is that there's not just one really perfect voice actor in Japanese, they're all amazing. I mean, the guy who plays Walter is 79 years gold, you can't beat that for gravitas.

For those wondering that AMEN vidoes video does contain OMG spoilers. Just for your information.

Recently, My Sister Has Been Unusual 03

Imouto reveals her tragic backstory to onii-chan while they're trapped in the bathroom. Someone comes to the door and onii-chan tells the random stranger to break into the house to let them out of the bathroom. Turns out this stranger is onii-chan's childhood friend. A new rival emerges...

Not only is this childhood friend well endowed but onii-chan used to call her onee-chan. To make onii-chan jealous, ghost girl takes over and attempts to embarrass childhood friend by dumping cake on her chest. Childhood friend turns this around and starts to eat said cake off her chest in the most sensual way possible turning on both onii-chan and imouto.

Somehow imouto forgets to put on pantsu before walking to school. It's extremely windy so you know what that means. However, random strangers(?) leave pantsu in a paperbag(?) at her desk so she is saved(?) from further embarrassment.(?!?!?!)

Theonik

Sure, but my point is that there's not just one really perfect voice actor in Japanese, they're all amazing.

For those wondering that AMEN vidoes video does contain OMG spoilers. Just for your information.
Yes, but if there was Wakamoto takes the prize here.

I also find it amusing that despite all the heartwarming and almost harem lead-eque moment the producer has with the girls, he still remains as merely "Producer". I imagine it was deliberate though to keep the fans happy and their idols pure by having remain as a nameless, self insert, plot driving device.
Untrue. Producer also became 'Honey'.
Also, I cannot hate you for liking Takane. Takane, Chihaya, and Makoto are all in the holy trinity after all.

jgminto

Haikyuu!! 24
Whaaaaaat!?
They lost!? I probably should have expected this because of the episode count but it was so invested in wanting Karasuno to win I didn't even notice.
And Production IG is doing Psycho Pass next season? Fuck that, drop that shit and give me another season of volleyball anime!

Quasar

Watching Macross Frontier for the fist time, and my first Macross in many many years (I think I've only seen Robotech, Macross, and Macross 2).

About 3 episodes in. The combat scene are certainly more dynamic than my vague Macross memories. And its very much another pilot/idol story. Though I guess here its pilot/idol/idol wannabe.

Have to say after enjoying my way through Valvrave in the recent past, this is kind of quaint.

Recently, My Sister Has Been Unusual 04

Dad and Mom are out of country and they phone to check in. Even dad has to make jokes about getting jiggy with imouto, wtf is wrong with these people?

Ghost girl takes over imouto's body to demonstrate how to act "cute". Imouto spends too much time separated from her body and now she cannot return to it which causes Onii-chan to believe she has a split personality disorder. I think I'll be going crazy watching this in the near future.

cajunator

Banned
The Idoolm@ster - END
The horror is finally over. I won't lie, the series felt all over the place.
The beginning of the series was a pretty bad start; episode 1 was essentially a run through of the idols and their personality traits and nothing else so from the next episodes that was all you had to judge them on.
The following episodes then focused on some of the individual idols and had far less weight than they tried to instil, knowing nothing about them beyond their brief introduction.

The show then moves on with a really odd mix of idol based over the top drama and wacky hijinks which never really gels well. The over the top villain of President Kuroi would have been fine but the way it was presented was just oddly vicious.

The ending of the show having finally ditched the boring rival team subplot then moves into drama revolving Yukiho and the rest of the team but this felt a lot more oddly competent than the shows previous attempts at drama despite being equally as unrealistic.

Edit: My other final problem with the show is that with such a large cast, it was inevitable that certain characters have their one episode to shine as a character and then are barely seen or heard from again. While I understand the necessity of this, it always strikes me as incredibly incompetent writing. If you're going to try and include everyone as important, wheeling them out when needs suit, why even have them in the first place.

It wasn't all bad though as some of the comedy episodes worked better than I would have thought. Episodes 15 and 26 - mostly based around their live TV show were probably my highlights.

Oh and Miki did nothing wrong.

Well if you come to the conclusion that either Takane or Makoto are the best then you've done it right.

Xam'd 1-4

One on hand, it looks sorta interesting. On the other hand, it almost feels like a Eureka 7 knock-off. Hope things begin to pick up in the next couple of episodes

Barakamon - 10

Festival episode, pretty great. Had a few laughs at Sensei basketball secret and Naru showing off with her money. Would be sweet if he hit it off with the nurse

Only two episodes left

Quasar

Baby Steps 24 - Actually seeing Nat-chan in a match, thats a first. And plenty of off court action. Really did not expect this show to end on a date episode.

Narag

When Dangaioh transforms, there’s a sequence where a unit suddenly rushes in from behind the camera. The same effect is used in the 3rd Mobile Suit Gundam AGE OP*, it really has quite an impact. This effect also consistently appears in the Brave series and elsewhere.
The staff who work on those anime sometimes ask me for permission to use that effect (laughs).

Bold is interviewer, regular text Obari

Oh hello new thread! What are you people all watching now-oh right phoenix is still watching that one.

...You ever think about making a watch bet with me one of these days? Because clearly you need another person to make watch bets with.

Narag

Oh hello new thread! What are you people all watching now-oh right phoenix is still watching that one.

...You ever think about making a watch bet with me one of these days? Because clearly you need another person to make watch bets with.

I just don't understand what Phoenix did to Mike to deserve this.

Westlo

Black Bullet 08

Monolith falls in 6 days, takes 9 days to make one, why they fuck wouldn't you have one (ten) backup one. /lightnovels

Haikyuu!! Episode 24

The king scenes was great inclusion again, never get tired of Oikawa always rferencing them. Also good block from Kindaichi.

Pretty fantastic match all around.
I wonder how a creying Tsukki would look

Kageyama tossing the ball scene was best moment, Rewatched it many times, love how the camera flips in it.

Haikyuu!! 24
Whaaaaaat!?
They lost!? I probably should have expected this because of the episode count but it was so invested in wanting Karasuno to win I didn't even notice.
And Production IG is doing Psycho Pass next season? Fuck that, drop that shit and give me another season of volleyball anime!

But the next tourney has only just begun, oh well I cant wait for the extra episode this winter, nekoma!!!

Midonin

Princess Tutu 21-23

Uzura, you wrenched us all out of this.
It's been present since the start of the series, but the gears and clockwork that make up Drosselmeyer's dimension has been a motif that draws me to a series. Steins;Gate has a heavy gear motif, and while I have yet to play it, 3days (and Asura Cryin') all make use of it. It's a simple one that conveys a lot. Efficiency, but also a certain degree of inhumanity, despite that a human would need to be the one to set those gears in the first place so nothing happens. It says a lot about Dross without him needing to say anything.

There's also something that's been on my mind since this second half began. We, the audience, see a magical girl, but the people of the town do not. Tutu apparently materializes as a giant swan, and has been the whole time. Does this mean Duck never fully became human?
It ties in nicely with the realization of Uzura recognizing she's a puppet and Rue realizing that she was never a crow. I never thought I'd be able to draw a comparison to Momo Kyun Sword in this show, but Onihime's going through the same thing right now.

It feels like these three episodes would've been a pretty good finale on their own. All these new elements, like the book men or
Fakir being descended from Drossy
do fit with elements that have been present since the very beginning, but emotionally, it feels like Fakir and Duck have reached a climax of sorts.

I've been checking the songs and plays referenced in the episode titles as I've been watching this, and the parallels make sense based on the given episode. Very nearly done, and looking forward to seeing how the finale goes. Ranking magical girl series isn't an easy thing to do, but if I did it, this would earn a spot in the top some number.

Mahouka Koukou Episode 24

Why so bloody. Incredible episode and best instance of kiss unleashes hidden power scene in awhile.

I thought the scenes take place at nighttime, at least how I imagined it in my reading and on all the images for the arc.

Perfect adaptation.

Clov

Wow, I'm surprised I actually posted that much in the last thread.

On the topic of Hellsing Ultimate, it's one of the few shows where I really like the English dub. It's well done! I still prefer the Japanese cast in the end, though. They all do a great job, and you just can't out-ham Wakamoto.

Acosta

I announce that in this thread I will be first in the Hall of Shame.

hahahaha, no :(

Knowing Hunter x Hunter is near to end makes me sad :(

What is promising for next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom