• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh sorry, didn't know there was a new thread.

That's what happens when you're about three to four weeks out of touch with the thread.

Acosta

Given I had the great luck of being last post in the last page (so absolutely nobody will see it) I'll stop being lazy and make my own damn research for next season...

Orenchi no Furo Jijou

The story begins with Tatsumi, a high school boy who lives by himself. Then, a devastatingly handsome merman named Wakasa moves into the bathtub in Tatsumi's home. Wakasa is a bit self-centered but cute, while Tatsumi is cool but a busybody. The story offers a peek into their lives together.

Yes, okay, enough research.

Edit: Lol Cajun, you are a hero hahaha

Huh, so Ultimate is airing on Toonami huh?

I guess I have two thoughts on that:

- Not listening to the original Japanese cast for Ultimate is a crime against art. I mean, Jouji Nakata as Alucard, Norio Wakamoto as Anderson, Yoshiko Sakakibara as Intergral and Motomu Kiyokawa as Walter. What more do you need?

- I look forward to reading the impressions for the very last set of episodes.
I'm enjoying the authentic European accents in English as it is, though I am curious to hear how it is handled when done by those who speak Japanese. Some people in the Toonami thread said it sounds hilarious.

Tenumi

Banned
I doubt I would of placed on the Wall of Shame even if I didn't have my month long break.

Also, so much butts in the latest SAO2 episode, wow.

Midonin

Sabagebu 11

The more Momoka shows a softer side, the more I'm okay with her. The third segment was really all about Agent P, though. That crab was neither giant nor enemy, despite her intentions. And having Momoka decked out in an ensemble that makes PriPara look restrained is a bit of karma, I believe. I've been mixed on this show, and will elaborate more on this next week.

I'm enjoying the authentic European accents in English as it is, though I am curious to hear how it is handled when done by those who speak Japanese. Some people in the Toonami thread said it sounds hilarious.

A lot of engrish and loads of ham, mostly from Norio Wakamoto as Anderson but everyone gets their fair share of ham and cheese in the Japanese dub.

Oh yeah new thread. Are we just going to make a new thread again when the fall season starts?

cajunator

Banned
Given I had the great luck of being last post in the last page (so absolutely nobody will see it) I'll stop being lazy and make my own damn research for next season...

Yes, okay, enough research.

Edit: Lol Cajun, you are a hero hahaha

thanks. I see all hahah.

I doubt I would of placed on the Wall of Shame even if I didn't have my month long break.

Also, so much butts in the latest SAO2 episode, wow.

We are glad you are back sweetie.

Things I still haven't accomplished since last thread:

• bully/persuade Narag enough to watch Strike Witches 2

KmSM9jJ.png

santeesioux

Knights of Sidonia is actually pretty decent if you can get past the CGI and the jarring framerate that is really noticeable at first.

cajunator

Banned
Sabagebu 11

The more Momoka shows a softer side, the more I'm okay with her. The third segment was really all about Agent P, though. That crab was neither giant nor enemy, despite her intentions. And having Momoka decked out in an ensemble that makes PriPara look restrained is a bit of karma, I believe. I've been mixed on this show, and will elaborate more on this next week.

Sakura in Binbougami Ga was really rude and crude but she eventually softened up a bit and it was refreshing to see a character change that way. Its nice to see Momoka with those same dimensions to her character. Anime is too often stuck in a rut where a character is stereotyped into one behavior and doesnt change or grow.

Midonin

Sakura in Binbougami Ga was really rude and crude but she eventually softened up a bit and it was refreshing to see a character change that way. Its nice to see Momoka with those same dimensions to her character. Anime is too often stuck in a rut where a character is stereotyped into one behavior and doesnt change or grow.
My biggest problem is that Momoka's lacked a consistent foil. I've seen both Binbougami and Miami Guns, but Ichiko had Momiji and Yao had Lu. There's no superego to counteract her raging id, and that's what makes the show not really work for me.

santeesioux

Does anyone know if it's likely that Baby Steps will be getting a second season? I just realized there's only one episode left, and the show is obviously nowhere near being done.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sabagebu! Episode 11:

Not sure where this whole softer side of Momoka is coming from, she is still as deliciously evil as always.

Midonin

Akame ga Kill 11

Extremely action-heavy, and as such I don't have a whole lot to say, but that it resulted in a net win for Night Raid means we got a somewhat happy ending. And a few more new characters, too. But there's also half the show left, so I'm unsure of their chances for survival.

cajunator

Banned
My biggest problem is that Momoka's lacked a consistent foil. I've seen both Binbougami and Miami Guns, but Ichiko had Momiji and Yao had Lu. There's no superego to counteract her raging id, and that's what makes the show not really work for me.

hmm. Youve got a point there. The chemistry isnt the same, but I do like the purple haired girls role in everything.

Man, some of the stuff Theonik RTs on Twitter.

Shameless, I tell ya.

You cant handle all that mofuwa

cajunator

Banned
Never mind >.>

So anyway, I've been out of the game for a while now. Any news on a new Hidamari or Maou-sama S2? I refuse to believe Hidamari can end before Yuno graduates, and Maou-sama did super well so I'm still expecting a second season.

Nothing about either one Im afraid.

Never mind >.>

So anyway, I've been out of the game for a while now. Any news on a new Hidamari or Maou-sama S2? I refuse to believe Hidamari can end before Yuno graduates, and Maou-sama did super well so I'm still expecting a second season.
There isn't enough material for another season of Hidamari, the graduation special aired pretty shortly after those same chapters were published so they're as good as caught-up. There's a new resident at the apartments in the manga and she's adorable.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
There isn't enough material for another season of Hidamari, the graduation special aired pretty shortly after those same chapters were published so they're as good as caught-up. There's a new resident at the apartments in the manga and she's adorable.

Hm, seems odd to have a second white haired character when Nazuna's still there, but otherwise, I approve.

Sounds like we're looking at a long time before a new season, though. =/ Ah well.

EDIT: Wait Nazuna's light blonde. My brain was remembering her as white-haired for some reason.

Though in my defense, her hair IS pretty white at times:

Konachan.com+-+68075+hidamari_sketch+nazuna+nori+ume_aoki+yuno.jpg

Hm, seems odd to have a second white haired character when Nazuna's still there, but otherwise, I approve.

Sounds like we're looking at a long time before a new season, though. =/ Ah well.

EDIT: Wait Nazuna's light blonde. My brain was remembering her as white-haired for some reason.

Though in my defense, her hair IS pretty white at times:
j9TcV57.gif

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Also, I just realized that unless we get some sort of OVA/SP type thing before the year is out, this'll be the first year since the Hidamari anime started with nothing at all released. ;_;

Black Bullet 08

Monolith falls in 6 days, takes 9 days to make one, why they fuck wouldn't you have one (ten) backup one. /lightnovels

Because :
- You have to make them on -site
- The material are hard to find and much needed for everyone who can fight ( since it's the base on those "bullets" )
- the people making them
are corrupted to the extreme and wouldn't make them properly in the first place

Hardly the thing that doesn't make sense ( many other things do )

Oh hello new thread! What are you people all watching now-oh right phoenix is still watching that one.

...You ever think about making a watch bet with me one of these days? Because clearly you need another person to make watch bets with.
Those who watch bad anime together forge friendships through mutual torture and pain. Or something...

I just don't understand what Phoenix did to Mike to deserve this.

I agree to one-sided watchbets because I don't research the shows I'm given. Blind anime watching used to help me, now all it does is hurt me.

dan2026

Akame ga Kill! 11

I'm actually impressed by how solid the animation continues to be.

Its an entire episode of completely bizarre nonsense. But in the best way.

It goes full Resident Evil and doesn't give a fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom