• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Order a Rabbit? 05

lAyHr3a.jpg

In this episode they buy wine, wear naughty outfits, play with balls and reveal fetishes.

santeesioux

Akame ga Kill! 11

I'm actually impressed by how solid the animation continues to be.

Its an entire episode of completely bizarre nonsense. But in the best way.

It goes full Resident Evil and doesn't give a fuck.

But it was better than modern RE, lol.

Is the Order a Rabbit? 06

Responsible gun ownership.

The girls having all kinds of different additional jobs, a mysterious novelist which used to visit the cafe shows up and there's friendship problems.

I seem to have grown tired of Akame Ga Kill, General Esdeath just kind of killed it for me.

Well it's entertainment comes from it's shock value, but that gets too repetitive. I mean you can't get anywhere without character development, which this series lacks.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Indeed, what they are trying to do with Esdeath, trying to make her a sort of serious contender for Tatsumi's affections required way more depth, nuance, grace and gravitas then this series is ever going to get.

Tenumi

Banned
...Kinda glad I dropped Akame Ga Kill early on. I find it difficult to imagine that I would have enjoyed it beyond the first episode or two.

G Gundam - 40

So help me if Schwarz Kyoji is dead. I mean, I know it was a death match and all but I don't want to see him go damn it. ;_; If Graham survived so can he. RIGHT?!?

Akame ga Kill - 11

Well that scientist went full titan mode.
Some of these imperial arms are weird as shit, I wonder what will be the most ridiculous in the end

Lack of Esdeath, but I got Leone so Im happy

/XX/

Rukawa delivered interesting info as expected, but not exactly the kind of news I wanted to see:

Peter ◥▶◀◤ on Twitter: "@Duune99 @Tetho_mig @_FabV Aoki Uru pilote pour 2015 et la production devrait prendre 3 ans."
https://twitter.com/ten3_1/status/511224195540602881

The Uru in Blue pilot film has been delayed to 2015, but at least I suppose the planned year of release hasn't changed because of this from the 2018 date announced before! That's something...

Indeed, what they are trying to do with Esdeath, trying to make her a sort of serious contender for Tatsumi's affections required way more depth, nuance, grace and gravitas then this series is ever going to get.
But she will...

I seriously do not get her supposed appeal at all.
Bow to your general .. NAOW !

-------------------
Akame Ga kill - 11
This is the kind of episode that is so over the top , so ridiculous that it need to be backed by good animation.
Akame%20ga%20Kill%21%20-%2011.jpg

PERSONA !
Thankfully this episode Had all of that.. a full episode of non stop action , with ridiculous over the top powers , very well animated.

JUST LIKE I'VE ORDERED from the menu !
Seriously this episode was great..i have like no flaws to say about it it worked well from start to finish.
And the fact that they are able to produce episodes like this make me happy for the next esdeath fights + jaegers BECAUSE i want them nicely animated

Nozaki Kun Episode 11

The second half was the best part of the show and one of the best things animated in 2014. If only it could have taken up the entire episode instead of that silly sakura mess. Wakamatsu, Mikorin interacting so much together, Im glad it was taken to that level instead of just left off screen and unstated. Show truly shines when Nozaki gets decreased screentime.

Midonin

Nozaki 11

I really wish Chiyo had a bigger role in the show. It's in this episode that I realized that she's the only girl who's in on the manga penname business. Though the second half of the episode did get me wondering if pixiv can deliver something that was going through my mind during it.

Yes, it's already been drawn. (Image source)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 11:

The first half was good with enough change up to the gags to keep it from getting stale. As for the second half, why do I get the feeling that I have just peer into the inner workings of the mind of the Dedication Through Light?

Nozaki 11

I really wish Chiyo had a bigger role in the show. It's in this episode that I realized that she's the only girl who's in on the manga penname business. Though the second half of the episode did get me wondering if pixiv can deliver something that was going through my mind during it.

Yes, it's already been drawn. (Image source)

Chiyo is the "straight man" (woman) in this comedy, so of course the series focus more on the "crazy" characters.

duckroll

Haikyu - Episode 23-24

Goddamn. The end of this match was so fucking great. It was a really long match, and pretty drawn out, but still extremely satisfying. The way it played out really did a fantastic job of contrasting all the advantages and disadvantages both teams had, and in the end the result came down to simply how one team was better. Towards the end I think the progression of the match definitely got a bit dramatic, but it made everything more exciting too. I'm really glad they didn't pull any sort of deus ex machina at the end too. The most important message was that regardless of victory or defeat, it remains satisfying to know that you and your team gave your all, and that growing together and improving together will create better results in the future.

I would be totally happy with the series ending right here, but it seems we're lucky enough to have another episode to go. Should be nice sort of epilogue which bridges this season with the next. Considering how successful the series is, there's certainly another season in the works. Maybe they'll confirm it next week? :)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Haikyu - Episode 23-24

Goddamn. The end of this match was so fucking great. It was a really long match, and pretty drawn out, but still extremely satisfying. The way it played out really did a fantastic job of contrasting all the advantages and disadvantages both teams had, and in the end the result came down to simply how one team was better. Towards the end I think the progression of the match definitely got a bit dramatic, but it made everything more exciting too. I'm really glad they didn't pull any sort of deus ex machina at the end too. The most important message was that regardless of victory or defeat, it remains satisfying to know that you and your team gave your all, and that growing together and improving together will create better results in the future.

I would be totally happy with the series ending right here, but it seems we're lucky enough to have another episode to go. Should be nice sort of epilogue which bridges this season with the next. Considering how successful the series is, there's certainly another season in the works. Maybe they'll confirm it next week? :)

One can hope!

I'll miss not having any sports anime next season. This season was a good one. Nothing out of Ace of Diamond now which is still quite enjoyable.

Is the Order a Rabbit? 08

It's a hot spring episode with lots of chest.

And then they got to the cinema while sleepy. Cocoa even falls asleep during the movie. Should have watched The Dark Rabbit Rises instead.

jman2050

G Gundam - 39

This is the greatest anime in existence.

Now do you understand?

Sabagebu 11

The blackness of Momoka's heart runs deep. Also a desperate Platy is a dangerous Platy. Fun stuff.

Nozaki-kun 11

It's like this entire episode was dedicated to trolling Chiyo in some fashion. I'm okay with this. Hilarious episode as always.

Oh no you don't Next Episode Preview, I'm onto your little tricks by now.

HappinessCharge Precure 32

Holy FUCK, that art direction was utterly incredible, and something I don't really see in Precure often.

And sadly, this is where my lack of technical know-how shows it's face, because it's difficult for me to really say what I think about this. But it feels like... how a "first date" feels, what with disarrayed feelings, and utter confusion about how things work. Iona and Yuuya (ha) aren't very experienced with how this works, and their actions represent it. I think another thing that I really like is that it really brought out Iona's charms right from the getgo with that first image. Musically appropriate, and pushes the idea of "Innocence" forward, which makes sense when we're talking about receiving the "Innocent Form".

What I found weird was how we had an eyecatch not even seven minutes in, which to me, sort of feels like they wanted as much time as possible to make use of a transitioning palette to represent the state of mind. Not to mention that everything after the eye catch looks and animates much better than the initial six to seven minutes.

Another perk I like about this was the absence of music most of the time. Mmmm.

Now then, as much as Yellow Bias is a thing, as well as pink bias, I would be surprised if the next three episodes can match up with the direction this episode had. Granted, those aren't really dealing with the idea of "love" like Iona experienced. More about... other aspects in them.

Jex

Rukawa delivered interesting info as expected, but not exactly the kind of news I wanted to see:

Peter ◥▶◀◤ on Twitter: "@Duune99 @Tetho_mig @_FabV Aoki Uru pilote pour 2015 et la production devrait prendre 3 ans."

The Uru in Blue pilot film has been delayed to 2015, but at least I suppose the planned year of release hasn't changed because of this from the 2018 date announced before! That's something...

We can only try to keep hope alive!

Will Gainax even still exist in 2018? (In a form capable of actually producing a film.)

First time I hear about this film. I'm reading a bit about it... it seems it has a long story behind.

Jex

I'm enjoying the authentic European accents in English as it is, though I am curious to hear how it is handled when done by those who speak Japanese. Some people in the Toonami thread said it sounds hilarious.

I mean, an Englishmen, I certainly approve but the Japanese cast is ridiculously good.

Ryuuroden

Any of you think Baby Steps will get a second series. What happens from this point on I really want to see having been a manga reader of it.

cajunator

Banned
HappinessCharge Precure 32

Holy FUCK, that art direction was utterly incredible, and something I don't really see in Precure often.

And sadly, this is where my lack of technical know-how shows it's face, because it's difficult for me to really say what I think about this. But it feels like... how a "first date" feels, what with disarrayed feelings, and utter confusion about how things work. Iona and Yuuya (ha) aren't very experienced with how this works, and their actions represent it. I think another thing that I really like is that it really brought out Iona's charms right from the getgo with that first image. Musically appropriate, and pushes the idea of "Innocence" forward, which makes sense when we're talking about receiving the "Innocent Form".

What I found weird was how we had an eyecatch not even seven minutes in, which to me, sort of feels like they wanted as much time as possible to make use of a transitioning palette to represent the state of mind. Not to mention that everything after the eye catch looks and animates much better than the initial six to seven minutes.

Another perk I like about this was the absence of music most of the time. Mmmm.

Now then, as much as Yellow Bias is a thing, as well as pink bias, I would be surprised if the next three episodes can match up with the direction this episode had. Granted, those aren't really dealing with the idea of "love" like Iona experienced. More about... other aspects in them.

HapCha is one of the most pleasing Precure art styles.

Is the Order a Rabbit? 04

Hm... Sudden urge to watch more Aria.

And re-watch Clannad

Uh... Oh, yeah. Rabbits. You should eat your vegetables cause they help you grow, there's fortune telling, a visit to the library and Cocoa finds out that she's evil.

Did someone say Clannad? :)

Decided to pick up Sabagebu and just skip through all the nonsense and get to the shooting stuff. Seems to be a good plan.

IT's a bad plan.

The shooting is a direct result of comedy and the comedy is part of the shooting.
If you take one without the other, the result is just bland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom