• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
About what you said regarding the ending:
A helicopter comes and crashes yes, and it is a really good scene. But after it they still decide to 'graduate' the high school and head off for the university just like the anime, so there isn't really any reason they couldn't adapt the helicopter bit in the anime.
Other parts I would've liked adapted (I'll spoiler just in case even though it's not that important):
On the way to the mall where they find Miki, they drive by Kurumi's house. Kurumi goes inside looks for people, and ends up leaving a note for her family. Not a big scene but I thought it was good. Or maybe they adapted it and I completely forgot.
The story of Miki and Kei surviving at the mall. In the beginning there are like 10 other survivors and they are all together. The guys go hunt for food and stuff during the day. However one day they come back, and one of the guys has a bite on his hand but doesn't tell any body. Needless to say eventually only Miki and Kei are left.
In the anime I felt the beginning was strong, but then there are just so many episodes in the middle of absolutely nothing happening.
They don't really do anything with the trip outside of school, so there's that. I do agree that there's probably more that they could have done there, but I don't think I missed having them check out the world outside of the school.

I don't know if I needed more stuff at the mall either since the conflict between the two girls there really said enough about what theme they were going for - living. The zombie trope of hiding a bite is so overplayed that I don't mind not seeing it.

But who knows. We're going to have different opinions based on the fact that I haven't really read the manga. The show as it is felt complete to me - mash up a mono no aware slice of life story with a zombie story, and hitting all those random slice of life points hits to the whole "living" theme - particularly with the graduation and the goodbyes at the end.

javac

Today’s official Crunchyroll panel at Anime Weekend Atlanta delivered a triple whammy in the form of three big announcements: Lance N’ Masques, Beautiful Bones -Sakurako’s Investigation-, and the wildly anticipated second season of the Diabolik Lovers anime have all been acquired and are set to stream soon.

1. Beautiful Bones -Sakurako’s Investigation will air on Crunchyroll every Wednesday starting October 7 at 10:00am Pacific Time. For more information, visit www.crunchyroll.com/sakurako. Beautiful Bones -Sakurako’s Investigation- will be available to Crunchyroll members in the following territories: North America, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, and Latin America.
  2. As for the second season of Diabolik Lovers (currently being called DIABOLIK LOVERS Ⅱ : MORE,BLOOD), dates and times and regions for the Crunchyroll broadcast have yet to be announced, but don’t worry, the further adventures and hysterionics of the Sakamaki clan are set to arrive soon!
  3. Lance N’ Masques also falls into the category of “acquired, but not a lot of info yet” (we don’t even have official art to share for it just yet), but stay tuned to Crunchyroll for further details!

Crunchyroll.com

So is this going to be a 1cour thing? And it says Part of the final season...is there another?

Man fuck this series. Calling the second season Nisemonogatari and the third season Monogatari Series Second Season, what a load

The thing is Nisio releases the Monogatari books in "seasons", so the Monogatari Series Second Season anime covered the "second season" of books, and this is part of the "final season" of books... Except Nisio couldn't stop, so now he's releasing a "Next Season". The series probably won't end until he dies.

The thing is Nisio releases the Monogatari books in "seasons", so the Monogatari Series Second Season anime covered the "second season" of books, and this is part of the "final season" of books... Except Nisio couldn't stop, so now he's releasing a "Next Season". The series probably won't end until he dies.

Wait is the book series not even over? Holy shit I thought it was. What have I gotten myself into?

Gvitor

I'm kinda confused about this monogatari stuff. I've never watched any of them, but I was always under the impression they were independent stories. Can I watch this new one without watching any of the others?

Jarmel

Banned
Wait is the book series not even over? Holy shit I thought it was. What have I gotten myself into?

Yea I don't even know what's going on anymore with the novels. At this point supposedly the main stuff is done with and it was supposed to be short stories before the end of the series (sorta like Fumoffu) but my understanding is that he's now writing full fledged stories so the ride never ends.

The ride never ends.

Get ready for more head tilts

KS0hk1F.gif

So gud

I'm kinda confused about this monogatari stuff. I've never watched any of them, but I was always under the impression they were independent stories. Can I watch this new one without watching any of the others?

They're not independent stories, much of the sequels are arcs for characters that build directly on stuff from earlier seasons. I would not recommend watching it out of order. The first season is still the best anyway.

Baalzebup

Nah, there is a definitive order for the various arcs and they build on each other. Plus the issues of the various characters are introduced and later elaborated upon in latter stories.

Gvitor

They're not independent stories, much of the sequels are arcs for characters that build directly on stuff from earlier seasons. I would not recommend watching it out of order. The first season is still the best anyway.

Nah, there is a definitive order for the various arcs and they build on each other. Plus the issues of the various characters are introduced and later elaborated upon in latter stories.

Oh well, guess that's one less anime to watch this season. Thanks anyway.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They're highly dependent on each other, although the arcs kind of stand on their own if you think about them in a vacuum.

Nisemonogatari 10

CP3MZIWU8AA5Put.png:large

It's Tusr

Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade is the best name ever. It sounds like the next fighting game by French Bread.

I just got one question -
Was there ever a real Tsukihi or was it just a fake the whole time? Is this explained next episode?

Baalzebup

Nisemonogatari 10

Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade is the best name ever. It sounds like the next fighting game by French Bread.

Was there ever a real Tsukihi or was it just a fake the whole time? Is this explained next episode?

The nature of the oddity and what happened will be explained.

I preferred the long hair versions of pretty much all of the girls who had it in the first place.

Mailbox

So is this going to be a 1cour thing? And it says Part of the final season...is there another?

Man fuck this series. Calling the second season Nisemonogatari and the third season Monogatari Series Second Season, what a load

...Final? You gotta give us Kizu you bastards!!

Part of the final season?

So it's Monogatari Ground Zeroes.

Yeah... but it kinda all makes sense, really.

Nisemonogatari, bakemonogatari, nekomonogatari(kuro), and (eventually) kizumonogatari are all "First season"

Second season and Hanamonogatari ended up being "Second season"

The "Final season" Already began with Tsukimonogatari and contain Owarimonogatari and whatever comes after (shaft already said they're figuring out ways to make Kyomimonogatari, and I just assume zuko Owarimonogatari will be made)

The reason for this very confusing naming structure is because they are actually the " seasons" of the novels.

R.D.Blax

Symphogear GX - 13

So we get a Spearpunch, Pac-Man buzzsaw, asymmetrical docking, some big explosion and a kiss. In the end, it was a pretty satisfying final, even if the fight looked a little rushed, and we get some sequel hook this time !

Look like Europe will play some larger part in the next season (I bet the Effeil Tower will blow up next), and I hope next time we get a kiss from one of the 'established' couple, they should just do it a this point, I know they want to !! JUST DO IT !
And please give someone to Chris, Maria just stole her sempai

TUSR

Banned
Nisemonogatari 10

shes a Phoenix oddity

javac

AnimEigo spilling all sorts of beans at Anime Weekend Atlanta:
AD Police Files to get a Kickstarter next year
AD Police Files OAV Kickstarter next year. New transfer being done from the original 35mm since it was never previously released on Blu-Ray.
https://twitter.com/DarylSurat/status/647903035667148800

Riding Bean kickstarter starting either in October or November. $20 to $25 for Basic.
The Riding Bean Kickstarter is probably going to be in November, but October at the earliest. Basic edition $20-$25. Figure will be the car.
https://twitter.com/DarylSurat/status/647902753046577153

Aside from a Roadbuster figure, Kenichi Sonoda wants to do a keychain as a bonus extra for the Riding Bean Kickstarter. You kind of have to.
https://twitter.com/DarylSurat/status/647904327135305728

Taruranto

Recap Episode #12

What? No! Fuck Tsubasa.

This was a very weird ending to a very strange season. I liked it, but at the same time I couldn't help but feel it could have been more. Rizumu felt pretty underused and even Rui himself kinda didn't have the same screentime as S1.

Maybe in S3?

Mailbox

EYUP!

I figured out Charlotte's big problem. Its not exactly pacing (which is a problem), the big big problem is that its basically 3 different stories that could have fit 2 cours each being squeezed into 1 cour. Which bascially results in super unrefined stories rather than a cohesive tale.

The first story is about the student council trying to make people stop using their powers.
- This was basically marred by how pointless the "ability of the week" structure was to the overarching story/ character progressions. this story on its own could have been an interesting SOL.

The second story is a
time traveler
tragedy
- This was marred by both its very weird use of slapstick comedy in places it shouldn't and the very pooly thought out 1d nameless villains. This was probably the weakest story mostly due to the extremely rushed nature of things. If they took their time and tried a more second half of steins;gate approach, it could have been decent.

The last story (and the most interesting one) is the story of a traveler saving the world
by looting powers and falling into madness

Basically, this episode. Yep, this episode alone is the last story. That said, I enjoyed this episode. I really did. BUT, i couldn't stop thinking that if THIS was what the show was, just a traveler going from country to country and struggling with mental ambiguity and slowly loosing his mind then we could have had an amazing show.

The mushishi story structure was basically MADE for stories like this!

Charlotte presents itself with a lot of interesting stories that are just reallllllllly bogged down because of lack of focus. The stories final product just ends up being like something a highschooler would write for his short story paper to just be a lil edgy. It feels like a concept that someone came up with that was never looked at or refined after the initial conception.

It was an rollarcoaster while it lasted, but my god what could it have been!

Charlotte 13

EYUP!

I figured out Charlotte's big problem. Its not exactly pacing (which is a problem), the big big problem is that its basically 3 different stories that could have fit 2 cours each being squeezed into 1 cour. Which bascially results in super unrefined stories rather than a cohesive tale.

The first story is about the student council trying to make people stop using their powers.
- This was basically marred by how pointless the "ability of the week" structure was to the overarching story/ character progressions. this story on its own could have been an interesting SOL.

The second story is a
time traveler
tragedy
- This was marred by both its very weird use of slapstick comedy in places it shouldn't and the very pooly thought out 1d nameless villains. This was probably the weakest story mostly due to the extremely rushed nature of things. If they took their time and tried a more second half of steins;gate approach, it could have been decent.

The last story (and the most interesting one) is the story of a traveler saving the world
by looting powers and falling into madness

Basically, this episode. Yep, this episode alone is the last story. That said, I enjoyed this episode. I really did. BUT, i couldn't stop thinking that if THIS was what the show was, just a traveler going from country to country and struggling with mental ambiguity and slowly loosing his mind then we could have had an amazing show.

The mushishi story structure was basically MADE for stories like this!

Charlotte presents itself with a lot of interesting stories that are just reallllllllly bogged down because of lack of focus. The stories final product just ends up being like something a highschooler would write for his short story paper to just be a lil edgy. It feels like a concept that someone came up with that was never looked at or refined after the initial conception.

It was an rollarcoaster while it lasted, but my god what could it have been!

Agreed, 100%. What this show needed was more episodes, all split into different arcs. This last episode felt rushed as heck. And to be honest I wasn't a big fan of the ending. Like, really? After all that? In the end I wasn't sad, but I felt... empty instead lol.

Phatmac

Up to episode 8 of Noragami and man was this show better without shit kid Yukine. Shitty teen needs to stop causing trouble for Yato. The story has been stuck on this conflict which ruined the pacing early on. Just kill him already.

Up to episode 8 of Noragami and man was this show better without shit kid Yukine. Shitty teen needs to stop causing trouble for Yato. The story has been stuck on this conflict which ruined the pacing early on. Just kill him already.

Yukine is terrible and the worst part of the show but it gets resolved

Phatmac

Bad parenting gets you that.
That doesn't excuse doing terrible stuff. He has a reason to hate Yato for what he made him do but still man he hurt Yato a whole lot for some petty reasons later on.
EDIT: Just saw ep 9 so while all is not forgiven I'm glad this plot line is over. Just turn into a sword from now on. He's still shit.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm looking forward to the OP and EDs for next season. There should be some good ones, Man with a Mission did pretty good with Iron Blooded Orphans but I don't think I like it as much as Seven Deadly Sins.

Still like it more than Database though.

Young Black Jack's one is super good, hopefully the animation can match it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom