• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Endride ep.16
Endride-Episode-16-English-Subbed.jpg
I'll take it. The budget is cheap, but I like the direction of the story. Also, the story could actually work very well for a video game, which is a good thing... Next week looks like it could be good.

Clov

I have no idea where these came from, but RightStuf seems to have found a small amount of brand new Geneon and Bandai Visual USA titles, including their release of Royal Space Force BD and Patlabor WXII on DVD.

My hero academia episode 13 dubbed

After 13 episodes of both subs and dub, I can say Funimation did a phenomenal job with the dub. Justin Breiner, Christopher Sabat and the rest of the crew gave an epic performance. They gave ALL the emotions they needed too.

I can officially say that MHA is now in my TOP 5 anime of all time. Knowing what's to come and reading all the great interviews I am positive it will also only go up.

Praise BONES, they gave My Hero Academia a wonderful adaptation and most of all praise Horikoshi-sensei for creating such a great series.

NOW GIVE ME SEASON 2!!!!

So, I watched Code Geass season 1. I know there's some famous discussions/posts around this show but I'm afraid to search for them and find spoilers for season 2. Anyone have any links handy?

Everyone knows I'm not "literate" enough on the mecha genre and its history, but as an anime watcher in general, I don't think anything tops the Evas design for me. The colour palate, the design, it is something that has yet to be beaten from my memory as being the ultimate badass looking giant mecha.

Just look at them.

The Evas are fantastic.

But it's a given that they'd be your number one, considering that most mecha show's you've seen all have un-noteworthy CG designs, haha.

My all time favourite designs as per my Twitter:

From left to right:
First Row: Shin Getter 1, Gurren Lagann, Genesic GaoGaiGar
Second Row: Gunbuster, Nirvash, Mazinkaiser
Third Row: God Gundam, Unit-01, Gurren SEITEN.

John Blade

1718db2fbc0e18f86760bc5adf4af171.jpg

This is the 2nd OVA which is basically a side story if Tomoya wasn't in love with his original lover but someone else in the show. This time it's more at Kyou Fujibayashi. Can't really say much. It basically become a triangle love between Fujibayashi twins and yea, Tomoya stuck in the middle. I would say it's okay but nothing too crazy to say as how it set up is something I saw in other Japanese drama show. Still, an interesting side if Tomoya did go for the other girl which is Kyou and you can see how much she love him dearly than her twin sister.

The Evas are fantastic.

But it's a given that they'd be your number one, considering that most mecha show's you've seen all have un-noteworthy CG designs, haha.

My all time favourite designs as per my Twitter

From left to right:
First Row: Shin Getter 1, Gurren Lagann, Genesic GaoGaiGar
Second Row: Gunbuster, Nirvash, Mazinkaiser
Third Row: God Gundam, Unit-01, Gurren SEITEN.

I hadn't read the description, but I knew I recognized the last one from somewhere, aside from GL and Eva-01. It's been a hot minute since I watched Code Geass but I guess I never really forgot it, specially that mech.

The only good mecha anime is Five Star Stories anyway.

And I dared to think you were a fan of Eureka Seven and BONES.

I hadn't read the description, but I knew I recognized the last one from somewhere, aside from GL and Eva-01. It's been a hot minute since I watched Code Geass but I guess I never really forgot it, specially that mech.

I don't think anybody can forget Code Geass.

Especially with Sunrise's constant desperate attempts to recreate it.

John Blade

Which remind me, need to look into godannar show. I own the DVD but didn't have a chance to watch it. Might need some mecha anime as is been a while.

godannar1.jpg

duckroll

10th Anniversary Home Video release! Believe!

The Clover anime short that was attached a CCS movie in 1999 wasn't released on home video until 2007! Gothicmade only came out in 2012.

Articalys

https://twitter.com/regalia_anime/status/758482109589708800
https://twitter.com/regalia_anime/status/758482187435991041

Holy shit. If I'm reading this correctly, Regalia production was apparently enough of a disaster, or they were so dissatisfied with the quality of the show so far, that after episode 4, they're just going to temporarily stop airing the show, regroup, and start over again from the first episode in September. Can anyone confirm?

Message from the official site (http://regalia-anime.com/0727.html):
『レガリア The Three Sacred Stars』放送・配信に関するお詫び

平素「レガリア The Three Sacred Stars」をご覧頂きまして誠にありがとうございます。

7月より放送して参りました当作品ですが、既に放送・配信している話数において、本来意図していたクオリティと相違があることを強く認識致しました。
この相違は、現在の制作体制の中で解消をする事が難しく、いま一度、制作体制およびスケジュールを仕切りなおし、きちんとした形で視聴者の皆様に作品をお届けしたいという、制作サイドの意向を受け、下記の対応を取らせて頂くことにいたしました。

第4話をもって、放送をいったん終了とさせて頂きます。
制作体制を整理したのち、現在放送中の各TV局にて、9月1日より順次放送を開始させて頂きます。尚、改めて第1話より放送させていただきます。
BD・DVDのリリースにおいては発売を1ヶ月延期させて頂きます。

以上、第5話以降の放送を楽しみにして頂いた皆様には多大なご迷惑をお掛けいたします事、心よりお詫び申し上げます。

また、急な決定の為、これまでプロモーションにご協力を頂きましたキャスト・アーティストの皆様、各媒体や販売店の皆様へもこの場を借りてお詫び申し上げます。

スタッフ一同、気を引き締めて全力で制作に取り組んでおりますので、何卒ご理解を頂けます様お願い申し上げます。
9月よりの放送を是非ご期待ください。

Holy shit. If I'm reading this correctly, Regalia production was apparently enough of a disaster, or they were so dissatisfied with the quality of the show so far, that after episode 4, they're just going to temporarily stop airing the show, regroup, and start over again from the first episode in September. Can anyone confirm?

Message from the official site:

Nintendoman can never win.

Message from the official site:

Nintendoman can never win.

After Megaton Musashi today, I'm not even mad about this news.

I hope it comes back as CG mecha.

I'm going to laugh and cry at the same time if this is the case, lol.

We'll always have that first four episodes of sakuga.

Line_HTX

1718db2fbc0e18f86760bc5adf4af171.jpg

This is the 2nd OVA which is basically a side story if Tomoya wasn't in love with his original lover but someone else in the show. This time it's more at Kyou Fujibayashi. Can't really say much. It basically become a triangle love between Fujibayashi twins and yea, Tomoya stuck in the middle. I would say it's okay but nothing too crazy to say as how it set up is something I saw in other Japanese drama show. Still, an interesting side if Tomoya did go for the other girl which is Kyou and you can see how much she love him dearly than her twin sister.

Kyou would make the best bacon there is, haha

Masou Gakuen HxH 03-04

CoXF9BjWgAAPwMv.jpg

I think we all know what these eyes mean. You're in for a ride MC.

I wonder what happens when they go all the way instead of all this foreplay? Would that put the whole world in danger?

I thought that world was already in danger given the fast flashes of what happened everywhere else. It looked like a wasteland.

Those heart eyes though...

duckroll

Yeah after episode 4, they're cancelling the broadcast. It'll start with episode 1 again on Sept 1, and all BD/DVD releases are delayed for a month. So technically it's just a 2 month broadcast delay if we count how long it'll take to continue. Wonder how much they can really change in 2 months. :p

Yeah after episode 4, they're cancelling the broadcast. It'll start with episode 1 again on Sept 1, and all BD/DVD releases are delayed for a month. So technically it's just a 2 month broadcast delay if we count how long it'll take to continue. Wonder how much they can really change in 2 months. :p

The entire premise and plot of the show, hopefully!

Cornbread78

Souma S2 ep.4
I'm still trying to catch up on this past weekend's shows, I think this was the last one finally, lol. Mot a bad episode, but the final 2 mins was the only real good part. Looks like next week should be very interesting with their 1 v 1 watch at least. It's funny because duri g S1 I remember saying less Soma, more everyone else as well, now, I just want more Soma, lol.

less mecha and more fanservice

Great news, there's a show called HxH tgat is right up your alley.

Jarmel

Banned
Didn't this happen to the second season of Mitsudomoe?

I'm looking up Mitsudomoe and it seems like they cut the production short before broadcast. I could be wrong because I'm nowhere close to familiar with the franchise though. I've never heard of them just stop airing a show midbroadcast despite episodes (supposedly I guess) being finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom