• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are very enjoyable. One Piece Film Gold especially was, it's the first movie where I actually felt like this could've been an actual arc in the manga.

I've asked this before, and I've tried to find the answer elsewhere, even in the One Piece community on Gaf, but do we know anything about why so many of the One Piece films aren't available on DVD/BluRay in the US? I'd really like to own the whole set but nobody seems to know why they haven't come over/when they will if ever.

I've asked this before, and I've tried to find the answer elsewhere, even in the One Piece community on Gaf, but do we know anything about why so many of the One Piece films aren't available on DVD/BluRay in the US? I'd really like to own the whole set but nobody seems to know why they haven't come over/when they will if ever.

It seems like Funimation only have Strong World, Z, and Gold released in the west. Probably a licensing issue or maybe they do not want to.

Which seems weird because I sure would buy most of them.

I believe movies must be licensed separately from the actual show. Funimation acquired the rights in 2007 so any film before then would have to be sought out individually.

trejo

So I found out that a theater near me is gonna have a showing of Your Name on August 4th so I have two questions for those of you who have already seen it. First of all, how are the clouds? And, perhaps more importantly, how are
the feet
?

Qurupeke

So I found out that a theater near me is gonna have a showing of Your Name on August 4th so I have two questions for those of you who have already seen it. First of all, how are the clouds? And, perhaps more importantly, how are
the feet
?

Less feet than Koe No Katachi.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Symphogear AXZ Episode 5:

Ah and we have officially reached the point where a Symphnogear season slows down and tries to get dramatic and I get really bored.

the feet
?

Clouds are fine. Feet receive little focus. Unlike all of Shinkai's previous films, the animation is the real visual star.

Holy shit at Aqua's puppy face when she was crying. She looked so cute lol. Still good on Kazuma to put in her place. She literally ruins every plan he makes and always makes the situation worse. Still she's a great character and fun to watch especially when she complains and starts acting all smug. Too bad she has shit luck and lost to Kazuma in rock paper scissors.

59b.gif

I'm torn between this and a scene that you should be coming up on soon as being the funniest moment from the second season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm just going to assume everyone watching Symphogear and having their entire posts spoilered means I should watch the show at some point.

jbug617

Banned
Sony Pictures TV Networks are now majority owners of Funimation
http://deadline.com/2017/07/sony-pi...ake-funimation-japanese-anime-1202139652/amp/

Sony Pictures Television Networks is increasing its footprint in the anime space, with a deal to pay $143 million for 95% of Japanese anime distributor Funimation Productions. Its catalog includes popular titles such as Dragon Ball Z, Cowboy Bebop, One Piece, My Hero Academia and Attack on Titan.

The agreement valuing the company at approximately $150 million is subject to regulatory approvals and other closing conditions. Gen Fukunaga, CEO of Funimation, will retain a minority stake in the business and remain CEO.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Akashic Records is one of the worst things I've seen in recent memory.

Konosuba Season 2 Episode 8

Holy fuck was this episode hilarious. Everyone at the Hot Spring village is a nutcase. They literally spit at the ground whin you mention goddess Eris lmao. Damn do Aqua and Eris really hate each other this bad? Also lol at Darkness getting turned on by the rejection. That shit made me laugh like a madmen. The fact she wants to live in the village because she loves the abuse is ridiculous.

If there's one thing the cult followers tell us about Aqua is that she's probably a nutcase as well lol. She must be loving all this I bet. The end scene with Kazuma was beautiful. He couldn't take it anymore and just ripped the paper into shreds. He had faith in a child lol. That reaction was priceless.

Fantastic episode.

LotusHD

Banned
Konosuba Season 2 Episode 8

Holy fuck was this episode hilarious. Everyone at the Hot Spring village is a nutcase. They literally spit at the ground whin you mention goddess Eris lmao. Damn do Aqua and Eris really hate each other this bad? Also lol at Darkness getting turned on by the rejection. That shit made me laugh like a madmen. The fact she wants to live in the village because she loves the abuse is ridiculous.

If there's one thing the cult followers tell us about Aqua is that she's probably a nutcase as well lol. She must be loving all this I bet. The end scene with Kazuma was beautiful. He couldn't take it anymore and just ripped the paper into shreds. He had faith in a child lol. That reaction was priceless.

Fantastic episode.

tumblr_om9bdr11s41r1uq0jo2_500.gif

DNAbro

Love and Lies Episode 5

Watch a group of idiots get very confused by fireflies. Enjoyable episode. Show just needs more Nisaka. Only bad thing is that I know the next episode will be pretty uncomfortable and awkward.

Cornbread78

Love & Lies ep.5
Man, the background OST is really really good for this show by setting a great ambiance to everything. Nisaka is the stealth best character in the show as he tries to deal with his own issues since he really likes the MC himself. I'm sure it will cone out tgat he is Takashi's "wife" sooner or later..

Interesting. I wonder what the practical effects of this will be.

I'd guess not much in the short term (although Universal will be out whenever their distribution deal with Funi runs out). Long term this could have some impact on the Crunchyroll/Funimation deal if Sony Pictures decides they want to do something different with anime streaming, but I wouldn't expect to see massive changes in the next year or so.

Interesting. I wonder what the practical effects of this will be.

Now I have some questions. Is this good or is this bad? And what does it mean in terms of their partnership with Crunchyroll?

I wouldn't expect any changes in the immediate future. Funimation still has their contract with Universal, so their home video releases won't see any immediate changes. It's kind of up in the air if this will effect the business partnership with Crunchyroll, but honestly I can't imagine any reason Sony would put a nix to that since the partnership gives them more potential Home Video releases.

If anything though, I can see Sony trying to "bolster" Funimation's streaming service to more be able to compete with Netflix and Hulu with getting more sub-licenses for English Dubs.

DNAbro

Aoyama Episode 5

This isn't a good sports show and a whole entire episode dedicated to a single match and another character's issues isn't very good. It's much better when it's just focused on being funny in different situations. Ups and downs all over the place on this show.

Aoyama Episode 5

This isn't a good sports show and a whole entire episode dedicated to a single match and another character's issues isn't very good. It's much better when it's just focused on being funny in different situations. Ups and downs all over the place on this show.

It would be good if it decided what it wanted to be, I dont think trying to be both sports and comedy is really working.

Konosuba Season 2 Episode 10

Lol at Kazuma's entire body being melted. He came back to Eris as a skeleton lmao. Nice animation with Aqua destroying Hans. Megumin finally blowing shit up with her explosion magic. Also poor Yunyun.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this anime. It was one enjoyable ride with fantastic reaction faces. I really enjoyed the off model animation. All the characters were fantastic especially the main cast. Aqua is a great idiot, Megumin is a great explosion nutcase, Darkness is a great masochist, and Kazuma is a great asshole.

Now where's season 3?

Quasar

Now I have some questions. Is this good or is this bad? And what does it mean in terms of their partnership with Crunchyroll?

I have wondered. And how Japan would like it. A major anime player owning the dominant international distribution point. Reminds me of the talk about Disney buying Netflix.

Also....better or worse than Amazon buying it and folding it into Strike?

I am probably gonna just start Code Geass from the beginning sometime this week since I forgot where I left off. So its gonna be a fresh start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom