• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_i

Sora from Angel's 3 Piece stupid speech quirk is really annoying the hell out me. It sounds like she's taking a bite out something right before she speaks.

It's still a missed oppurtunity that the new Sakura anime didn't modernize some aspect like instead of a camcorder we are now going full GoPro-cam and Twitch livestreaming.

Taruranto

Dive #4

qGpucIE.jpg

This was... OK? I guess this is what happens when you introduce fun characters into the mix.

phaze

Netflix declared all out war in anime: https://www.cnet.com/news/netflix-originals-anime-castlevania-death-note-japan/

Originals:
Saint Seiya

Anime is sa...

Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya

This 12-episode reimagining of the classic "Saint Seiya" series will feature a group of heroes equipped with magical armor based on the constellations. They're defending the reincarnation of Greek goddess Athena against the other Olympian gods.

You were the chosen one Netflix. You were supposed to adapt Lost Canvas, not remake the shit part of the franchise !

Cornbread78

Gal Girlfriend blah, blah ep.4.
Probably the most subdued episode so far this season. Yet another day, another girl that wants to bang the MC for "reasons"

uggh. It's still a stupid show, but entertaining I guess... Can someone kill lolicon boy already please?

Anime is sa...

You were the chosen one Netflix. You were supposed to adapt Lost Canvas, not remake the shit part of the franchise !

I mean considering how extremely popular Saint Seiya is outside the U.S I could see them continue adapting the series.

I know the series is really big in Latin America.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sakura Quest Episode 18:

Kind of figured they were building to a Uber-equse solution given that nothing was in existence previously. Also, quite the turn there at then end serving as a metaphor for the entire episode.

Cornbread78

Classroom of the Elite ep.4
Meh, this plotline sucks. Leave Suda alone and move along to how the stupid school actually works. We couldn't even witness a little bipolar disorder in action this week and psycho-analyze it.....

Jarmel

Banned
AICO's technobabble dialogue reminds me of the first half of Gargantia's first episode. Can't say that excites me, despite the high level of animation, and I'm kind of over Murata as a director

The art direction and color palette reminds me of Towa no Quon which I feel mixed on. I was expecting the premise to be goofier than it is. The action itself also isn't as exciting so far either. I'm sure it'll pick up later though.

This does feel pretty ho-hum though despite the high production values. I'm guessing the writing staff is Nitroplus due to the Murata connection and the writing feels a bit overwrought.

Gal Girlfriend blah, blah ep.4.

Probably the most subdued episode so far this season. Yet another day, another girl that wants to bang the MC for "reasons"

uggh. It's still a stupid show, but entertaining I guess... Can someone kill lolicon boy already please?

My wife wants him dead too lol

psyer

Didnt realize we could just get a prime video subscription ($8.99) here in the us, without the rest of prime, when did they add that here? Unless I missed it.

They announced it sometime last year. It ends up costing more than regular Prime if you choose to have it for the entire year though. You will still have to pay more for like Anime Strike or HBO.

Cornbread78

Sakarada Reset ep.18
This has certainly gone places throughout the series and I guess the events are all started to piece together now. It's still a rather boring show, but it does have a flair of mystique to it to keep things interesting. Looks like Soma will be back to her evil ways, trying to mess up my ship next week as well.

Line_HTX

That AICO trailer looked decent. I don't know if it's going to go super into the technogibberish without losing me, but we'll see. Should Murata as a director be a concern?

blurr

New Game S2 04

I was going to just type in "me irl" and press send but god damn, this touched on a pretty good topic when it comes to teams. Trust. It's a simple concept but it makes wonders and is just as much difficult to achieve. Hifumi's complete lack of social skills have noticeably improved and now it goes a step further through trust.

Adventure Time S5,S6 and S7

This is the best modern anime content you'll see folks.

RedSwirl

Char's Counterattack

Honestly better than I expected. Watching it dubbed though I got a real strong "Transformers/Thundercats/G.I. Joe" feeling from it. It felt VERY 80's, even compared to Zeta.

Honestly though, I feel like you could show someone who has never watched Gundam (or UC Gundam) Char's Counterattack by itself and they'd be fine. It's not extremely easy to follow, but does a surprisingly good job of dropping references and explanations to past events.

That brings me to why UC Gundam never took off all that much in the west. Mostly I just think it was timing. The early 00's were probably way too late to expect the 80's Gundam shows to catch on with anyone except a niche audience in western countries. I feel like CC could've made waves had it received a good dub in the early 90's, but that's assuming it had the attention and care it received in the early 00's. The 80's and 90's American animation industry would have probably butchered it, expecting the politics and brutality of the movie to be too much for western animation audiences.

That brings me to why UC Gundam never took off all that much in the west. Mostly I just think it was timing. The early 00's were probably way too late to expect the 80's Gundam shows to catch on with anyone except a niche audience in western countries. I feel like CC could've made waves had it received a good dub in the early 90's, but that's assuming it had the attention and care it received in the early 00's. The 80's and 90's American animation industry would have probably butchered it, expecting the politics and brutality of the movie to be too much for western animation audiences.

Yeah I could probably agree with this. At this point I think Origin is the best new entry point for Western audiences, assuming anyone ever gives it enough prominent attention. I think the older series are kinda relegated to Gundam fans and people who want a deeper dive into the franchise.

I'd rather have a Ps Golden than a Persona dancing game, lol.

If its anything Persona 3 I don't care. Plus we will get some GOAT remixes from P3. Also since the P3 characters and locations are updated in HD that only means we are closer to a Persona 3 remake velvet edition.

Just bought some anime on Blu-ray at really good deals. Gonna buy some more especially some movies and classics that are worth owning.

If its anything Persona 3 I don't care. Plus we will get some GOAT remixes from P3. Also since the P3 characters and locations are updated in HD that only means we are closer to a Persona 3 remake velvet edition.

Just bought some anime on Blu-ray at really good deals. Gonna buy some more especially some movies and classics that are worth owning.
i need to get buddycom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom