• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Escaflowne Episode 2

Now this is a series that holds up from the 1990s, for the most part anyway, some of the sound effect are a bit on the shockingly wacky side. Also why anybody would want to replace the OST is beyond me.

This was back in the era were Sunrise was crazy enough to master their original IP TV anime on 35mm film stock. Plus. Yutaka Nakamura did all the key animation for the second half of the episode himself. Took half a year.

Eccentric Family 1

I remember starting this way back when and I never even finished the first episode. I dont remember this show having such a great soundtrack! Pleasantly surprised.

Good first episode. Interesting characters. I'm on board.

Princess Principal - 04
This show really is the kind of spy thriller Joker Game should have been. Sleek, confident and full of personality.

Still can't tell whether Princess and Ange are siblings or lovers... 🤔

I still feel like Dorothy and Beatrice should have their names exchanged. They look like they should have the opposite names.

just caught up with Super and the more episodes come up the more the power creep becomes a bit silly in this whole series.

Goku reaches a new saiyan form at the beginning of this series and it has already become essentially useless. And not only that, but these new fucking saiyans are reaching near god fucking levels in like a fucking day.

What the hell.

just caught up with Super and the more episodes come up the more the power creep becomes a bit silly in this whole series.

Goku reaches a new saiyan form at the beginning of this series and it has already become essentially useless. And not only that, but these new fucking saiyans are reaching near god fucking levels in like a fucking day.

What the hell.

Its Dragon Ball.

Don't think too hard about it lol.

LotusHD

Banned

What the hell.

Okay, but like, you enjoy it tho right

I'm enjoying it, but maybe I'm just not enjoying it the same as when I was a kid.

I fully expect Goku to transform into Super Saiyan God Saiyan 2 Clifford the Big Red Dog by the end of this arc, and then next couple of arcs they'll cycle and repeat and that will become useless.

Jarmel

Banned
fBvOWG4.png
91PMeQZ.png

PKxKoA0.png
9VslTTN.png
good heroine

Cornbread78

Konbini Kareshi ep.5
This was a very cute episode. Finally looks like one of the ships has sailed and it was done in a very beautiful way with a nice OST and visuals with realistic emotional, facial expressions.

Saudades

I like how they play around with the fact that Ribbons and Amuro have the same VA

Yeah that whole fight is pure unadulterated fanwank. I'd be happy with just Ribbons, but
they roll out Amuro too lol

And that teaser looks like there's gonna be some
Sinanju & Tryon-3 customs
in the future. YASSSS

GBF Battlogue 1

This dream match fanwank is pretty much what I expected GBF TV to be.

Not like there is anything wrong with that this far into GBF as a series life. I do hope they keep doing the art style/stylistic stuff like they did with Char/Amuro compared to that guy from 00 (i think)

KanameYuuki

It really sucks about that Sony Funimation deal, on one hand Funimation never cared about South America so I would assume they would at least try to get into this market now but on the other hand they killed Locomotion/Animax
RIP : ( my beloved Locomotion
and it would be easy to assume they will start to try to acquire Crunchyroll too, so I just hope that unless they plan to help us over on this region then leave us alone and the way things are, we finally got back a good way to watch anime legally. But again with all that money behind them they could get now way more deals than Crunchyroll, it is an uncertain time for Anime on South America.

moogs

Neo Member
BlazBlue Alter Memory 01-06

Incomplete title sequences usually don't bode well for the quality of a show, but there have been some series where this didn't mean much so I'll remain optimistic about—never mind. Copious amounts of the action happens off-screen, or is obscured by smoke and mirrors. The animation, or lack thereof, leaves much to be desired. Judging by the episode previews, this show would have been more entertaining as a genuine farce. However, making a joke about fighting game adaptations doesn't excuse this level of unimaginative shortcuts in animation. There is a clear risk in potentially alienating an existing audience by deviating from the image of the original work but the lack of creative polishing here is otherwise appalling.

Jin is a cold creep. Also, Hakumen seems much more like a "grim reaper" than Ragna. All the protagonist does is dine with women and yell at them. I suppose he is sowing the seeds to a grim garden of maidens? I'm infinitely more concerned with Noel's inquisitive poetry than the stock spiel spewed by Rachel. She plays dimensional musical chairs with a literal shadow council. This universe is constructed to just bully Noel by selective causality in order to enforce equilibrium. What kind of writing workshop of a story is this?

GBF Battlogue 1
Fun as hell, quite looking forward to a custom F91 vs Mk2 next. It is a shame that Ikeda didn't voice Char in this though. Nostalgia bonus missed.

RIP, didn't realize I missed the preview and they did show the next suits to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom