• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

bo9c8qf.jpg
c7nWyA8.jpg

wkAriYM.jpg
MS44TxI.jpg
Good fun.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Caught up on A Centaur's Life, very cute but intriguing too with the worldbuilding.

Episode 4, though.

And almost lost my shit on episode 5 when
all the secret police busted out guns after Nozomi gave Suusuu a slap.

DNAbro

Aoyama Episode 6

This show is still so much better when it stops pretending to be a sports show. I love how the most generic looking manga apparently became super popular though. Episode needed more Aoyama.

It kinda bugs me that a show called Princess Principal is a better spy show than Joker Game.

It kinda really bugs me.

It really bugs me.

Hah hah, I think I said something similar after the first two episodes. Spy lolis or not, even the intrigue of the first episode was better than 75% of the Joker Game episodes.

Sterok

Well Joker Game was based off a novel series while Princess Principal is anime original. Which I guess shows the difference between adaptations and anime originals, the latter needing cute girls, but also having more freedom to be interesting.

Well Joker Game was based off a novel series while Princess Principal is anime original. Which I guess shows the difference between adaptations and anime originals, the latter needing cute girls, but also having more freedom to be interesting.

I don't see the connection. Princess Principal is a better show than Joker Game in pretty much every facet, but it's not out of some inherent superiority of original works over adaptations.

Narag

Yami Shibai S5 6

the fuck? this needed like anohter 20 seconds of connective tissue to be good and it just wasn't there. need more atmospheric ghost stories and less dumb urban legends

petran79

Banned
Zeta Gundam

One of the best 80s mecha without a doubt. So many characters of all ages blend very well together. Poor Camille must probably be the most screwed mecha pilot ever.

zeta9fs1l.jpg

Yamishibai S5 06

Ok get this. The Monkey's Paw ghost kills someone to fulfill your wish in typical Monkey's Paw fashion, but then when you try and do the second part of the deal the ghost(?) of the person it killed blocks you from doing that then you die.

NOT FAIR

This Loran = Laura "I can't help but call him a girl's name for no reason" thing is so contrived, so forced, and sooo obvious. Bad Tomino, Bad.

Otherwise the premise probably fits his style the best of any Gundam of his I've watched.

Erheller

wat

Fake edit:
Apparently it's not that weird according to tvtropes

Despite its creepy name, Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai is actually a sad story between I (later revealed as Shiga Haruki) and Yamauchi Sakura during their highschool life. Shiga Haruki found a book — with the title "Disease Coexistence Journal" — which belong to Sakura. Sakura is diagnosed with a pancreas cancer, leaving only a year to survive. From that incident, both spent a lot of time together. But for how long?

Appreciated. Kakegurui I was on the fence about. I get the feeling that I will want to be Kaiji, but it won't be. Princess Principal looks neat.

Kakegurui works on the level if you enjoy watching smug people get the rug pulled from up under them, but if you're more wanting to see an actual tense series with stakes, it may not be for you.

It's pretty divisive here. Those of us that like it really like it and deal with its rough edges but it's turned off quite a few people so far. I'd give the first two eps a shot and decide if you like what you see.

The art style looks interesting, but also I heard that the animation is really limited.

Just T

Konosuba: OVA 2

Pretty good ep as expected. That robot scene with Darkness, wtf lol and that ending was actually kinda sad for Kazuma. These voice actors are always on point with their delivery, good that more is already planned.

My Hero Academia: 30

And down Stain goes. Bones did a great job adapting this arc and read that the next episode is anime original so that so be cool to spend a bit more time with the other characters. Also, Endeavor might be shit but those skills are not.

Sakura Quest: 13

Well that didn’t go as well as they wanted it to. It was good for a momentary burst though as it got the locals some business but getting people that came there just for the concert to gain continued interest in Manoyama was always going to be difficult. The quiz game getting cut short didn’t help along with the the tv show editing the video like they did. Sigh, hopefully Yoshino doesn’t stay down for too long.

-Minsc-

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Princess of the Stranger 5

Wow that was HYPE.

Reflection

I'm sorry, but I have disagree with the consensus that said this series is boring and call art direction ugly. The first episode had my full attention.

Just T

Yeah been wondering who the bus driver is married to but don't think they've said who yet.

Sakura Quest: 14

Pretty chill episode showing everyone have some chill time. Also started to bring up the idea of what they will do once this over, they're already halfway through. Yoshino could leave once it's up, Maki could go back to trying acting, and Sanae could link up with her friend though she seems to be one that's content at the moment.

Reflection

I'm sorry, but I have disagree with the consensus that said this series is boring and call art direction ugly. The first episode had my full attention.

nobody here is really calling it ugly that I've seen. I said the first episode was needlessly withholding information and didn't really tell me what the hell I was watching. Episode 2 did a better job, yet it still largely felt like the writing feels off.

nobody here is really calling it ugly that I've seen. I said the first episode was needlessly withholding information and didn't really tell me what the hell I was watching. Episode 2 did a better job, yet it still largely felt like the writing feels off.

I was talking about comments outside of this thread.

Good fun.

I'm worried that apparently he seems to be leaning more on the Real Robot spectrum rather than the Super Robot spectrum.

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - 31

The kids are the real heroes in this episode.

If they hadn't been hiding in the shower, Kamille and Fa wouldn't have gone out to look for them, and Kamille wouldn't have spotted Sarah and discovered the time bomb.

Some people have called The Reflection ugly. It's an unusual style that requires the production staff to work outside their comfort zones, and as a result the production isn't entirely polished (similar to Nagahama's Flowers of Evil, although perhaps not as successful as that ended up).

Does it bug you even more that the director of Joker Game did the OP for Princess Principal? Lolololol.

It's a fun OP!

Taruranto

Astolfo's show

That's not where the heart is. Am I missing something?

Astolfo design is really bad, and it makes the "serious" scenes she's in really look silly despite her being a broish character like Alexander. Other servants are still largely literally who.

Astolfo's show

That's not where the heart is. Am I missing something?

Astolfo design is really bad, and it makes the "serious" scenes she's in really look silly despite her being a broish character like Alexander. Other servants are still largely literally who.
She? Astolfo is a guy unless you're talking about Mordred?

Kyuur

Made in Abyss Latest

This show ignites a child-like sense of joy in me that no other show in recent memory has done. Everything continues to be phenomenal, especially those fucking monster designs. Will quite easily be my AOTY.

Watched the first two episodes of My Love Story and really not feeling it. Any better romantic comedies or straight up romance in the last few years?

Cornbread78

Watched the first two episodes of My Love Story and really not feeling it. Any better romantic comedies or straight up romance in the last few years?

Ore Monogatari is really good though...

Plastic Memories
Snow White with Red Hair
Love & Lies
Actually, I Am
Yamada-kun and the 7 Witches

Give me a few mins, more will pop in my head.

jbug617

Banned
Erina is getting a new VA for S3 of Soma
The official website for the Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma anime announced on Monday that Risa Taneda will not reprise the role of Erina Nakiri for the anime's third season. Hisako Kanemoto will instead voice the character.

The online announcement noted that Taneda's agency Office Ozawa and the anime's production committee discussed the issue, and came to their decision in consideration of Taneda's health. They added that the extended recording sessions of a television series may affect her recovery.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-food-wars-shokugeki-no-soma-season-3/.119821

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I remember Joker Game Ed full of scene like: spy swimming with shark, a man about to be blown by bomb, shooting someone, a man about to be caught.
It's like someone told the Ed that they're going to make spy thriller, and the ED guy like, 'okay, let's make this as james bond as possible' when in reality its more of a Tailor of panama spy thriller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom