• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

Kino's PV looks okay. The CG definitely isn't great. I'm still a bit doubtful that it can live up to the original, but I'll it a watch.

Daemul

I don't even know what is starting next week. I'm just going to go typical and watch everything because I am insane.

Basically my strategy every season is to watch all the seasonal CGDCT anime plus Dragon Ball Super.

If any anime which doesn't fit in this strategy gets good WOM and reviews then I'll add it to my watchlist.

Watch all the idol shows

My man.

Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 2 is going to be AOTS, I can feel it.

ibyea

Banned
Crunchyroll got Blood Blockade Battlefront and Beyond, and some other stuff.

giphy.gif

Just need Garo now...

PHEW

Jarmel

Banned
2018 already looks to be a vastly better year than this one anime-wise. Then again 2018 looks to be an exceptionally strong year regardless.

Violet Evergarden, CC Sakura, Shaft Fate and Pop Team Epic seem a lot more interesting than whatever is coming this season.

I would trade in all those shows just for Magus Bride lol. Fate is trash and Pop Team Epic looks okay. Violet Evergarden looks like your typical KyoAni show.

Autumn has Kekkai Sensen, Magus Bride, Hozuki, Osomatsu, and Garo.

zulux21

So uhh there is going to be a J.J Abrams produced 'Your Name' adaptation

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ve-story-your-name-1043907?utm_source=twitter

I'm not being played right?

I still need to see the normal version.

Do we know if Shokugeki S3 is another half cour like S2 was?

*rambles for a bit but then deletes it*

Ideally 12-13 episodes.

The logical stopping point is right before the current stuff going on (stopping much like season 1 did in the middle of an overall arc) and given the garbage quality of the arc leading up to it 13 eps will be much better than 24 eps of that garbage.

Unless the current arc is the final arc (which given it hasn't been announced as such seems unlikely) I can't seem them jumping right into animating it so yeah...

I would trade in all those shows just for Magus Bride lol. Fate is trash and Pop Team Epic looks okay. Violet Evergarden looks like your typical KyoAni show.

Autumn has Kekkai Sensen, Magus Bride, Hozuki, Osomatsu, and Garo.

Uhhh... I dunno what you mean by "typical KyoAni show" since pretty much everything they make is the best, but from impressions, Violet Evergarden looks and sounds amazing.

So uhh there is going to be a J.J Abrams produced 'Your Name' adaptation

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ve-story-your-name-1043907?utm_source=twitter

I'm not being played right?

I do want Hollywood to crack the anime nut so that way we can see some of the culture bleed into Hollywood and have some amazing movies.

This is a different take though. Usually Hollywood want to adapt Shonens or psychological thrillers, but a romance story with some fantasy elements? That is different for Hollywood. Add to the fact that they seem to be getting competent producers and writers on this. Plus they are adapting a movie to a live action one. So the run-time barrier won't cause problems like with other anime movies trying to cram the entire show into two hours.

I like JJ and his movies so it will be interesting to see how this actually turns out. Could actually be decent, if not good.

I dont think the idea will even get off the ground. Who would approve of this shit even with JJ Abrams on there? Did they see Ghost in the Shell and think "Man we have to get in on this trend in the long string of massive failures nobody liked"

The movie isnt even very old, cant you just put it in theaters regularly?

I dont think the idea will even get off the ground. Who would approve of this shit even with JJ Abrams on there? Did they see Ghost in the Shell and think "Man we have to get in on this trend in the long string of massive failures nobody liked"

The movie isnt even very old, cant you just put it in theaters regularly?

Presumably Paramount intends to Americanize the movie in order to reach a wider audience. Maybe they'll cast Tom Cruise.

zulux21

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/JDjTX"><a href="//imgur.com/JDjTX"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can anyone tell me which anime the guy on the right is from?

Saw part of the show on tv while in Tokyo this past weekend, but didn't get the name. (as I don't know Japanese)

I'm going to go with... utf-8?
but anyways... you want just the base imgur link and click the img link in neogaf and use that....
that mess is getting us nowhere lol.

edit: salesman something...

here https://myanimelist.net/anime/34550/Warau_Salesman_New?q=salesman

Cornbread78

New Game S2 END
Despite the rushed feeling of the season, this was a pretty damn good send-off. Both the Rin x Yagami & Aoba x Yagami scenes were really well done. Despite some issues, this was still a pretty good season with it's cast of characters.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Your Name is a really easy adaptation. It's basically just a stereotypical romance movie once you adapt it. I mean sure they'll strip it's soul out but the basic plot works fine along the lines of any other schlocky Nicolas Sparksesque crap that's been adapted into movies before.

Uhhh... I dunno what you mean by "typical KyoAni show" since pretty much everything they make is the best, but from impressions, Violet Evergarden looks and sounds amazing.

I do want Hollywood to crack the anime nut so that way we can see some of the culture bleed into Hollywood and have some amazing movies.

This is a different take though. Usually Hollywood want to adapt Shonens or psychological thrillers, but a romance story with some fantasy elements? That is different for Hollywood. Add to the fact that they seem to be getting competent producers and writers on this. Plus they are adapting a movie to a live action one. So the run-time barrier won't cause problems like with other anime movies trying to cram the entire show into two hours.

I like JJ and his movies so it will be interesting to see how this actually turns out. Could actually be decent, if not good.

Tbh the last anime I enjoyed from KyoAni was Full Metal Panic. I haven't seen A Silent Voice, but I definitely know I would enjoy that because I liked the source material. I will admit that Hyouka was a well done show, but I found it meh.

I don't know why, but every anime made from them just has this similar aesthetic that I can't get behind. Also not everything they make is great especially their recent LN anime with the exception of Euphonium.

zulux21

I never realized how into anime and anime like things the Arby's twitter was o_O

or more so I guess geeky stuff just their recent stuff is more anime focused.

Diamond is Unbreakable 6

ZoKCjUZ.jpg

The only person we've seen Koichi hang out with up to this point is you, Josuke. You calling yourself shady?

This is the exact point in the Jojo series where Stands ascend to the next level of creativity. Up to this point, throughout Stardust Crusaders and the opening couple encounters in Diamond, Stand encounters have primarily been physical battles between people looking to cause each other direct physical harm - and usually death. The abilities of Stands have been measured by their speed, their force, their range, and the like. Now Stardust Crusaders got pretty creative with how these abilities worked by the end, and some of its battles began to push outside the norm, particularly with the D'Arby brothers. But Kobayashi's lock and Koichi's Echoes totally shift the paradigm. Kobayashi isn't out to kill anyone; he's just a slimy con artist who scams people for cash and uses his Stand to help him do so. Echoes, which emerges from Koichi this episode, is physically powerless - its punches don't hurt Kobayashi at all. Its power is more complicated - to make sounds reverberate inside a person's body. Ultimately, the way this battle resolves isn't for Koichi to directly overpower Kobayashi, but for Koichi to use Echoes to convince his mother's spirit to believe him over Kobayashi's lies. This breaks Kobayashi's power over her and compels him to admit defeat.

The Stand concept as it started out could be seen as an extension of the supernatural powers that are a staple of battle shounen series. Here it decisively leaves that behind, opening up a world of possibilities beyond direct combat and a world of abilities that will (as I understand, not having read Jojo beyond this) eventually lead to Stands whose powers are barely comprehensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom