• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm watching Hyouka right now. There's a cooking competition happening at the School Festival. And then this fucking scene comes out of nowhere:

tumblr_ox016bmQyr1r1uq0jo1_400.gif
tumblr_ox016bmQyr1r1uq0jo2_400.gif

godisntheradio

Neo Member
Gamers 12 - END

did they mistakenly aired ep 12 instead of 11? ep 11 felt way more like an end than ep 12.

anyway, if this is indeed the last episode than it was excelent until the last episode. Not that it was bad but it was weirdly placed on episode order, and it had a lot of fanservice, which is also weird because it didn't rely on it until now.

again, if the gods of anime are truly great, this might as well have a 2º season.

Linkark07

Banned
Gamers 12 - END????

did they mistakenly aired ep 12 instead of 11? ep 11 felt way more like an end than ep 12.

anyway, if this is indeed the last episode than it was excelent until the last episode. Not that it was bad but it was weirdly placed on episode order, and it had a lot of fanservice, which is also weird because it didn't rely on it until now.

again, if the gods of anime are truly great, this might as well have a 2º season.

If the gods of anime were real, we would have already a 2nd season of Hataraku Maou Sama.

zulux21

not only that but it is getting more respect than One Punch Man as apparently madhouse is animating the second season.

Gamers 12 - END????

It's not that uncommon for a series that is running a plot to run through that to the second to last episode, and then the last episode be a beach/or other type of fanservice episode to try to sell more merch.

I know the world god only knows did this, as did other shows that I can't remember the names of because the harem shows all blend together as one super harem show lol.

Deadly

Gamers 12 - END????

some shows tend to have the last episode as a kind of random one that's abit out of continuity. Kyoani shows are often like that

I actually really liked overlord. I love it when they cut the bullshit of making a Gary Stu and just make an overpowered motherfucker because sometimes I do just want to watch a character not struggle at anything for comedic purposes.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
It's not that uncommon for a series that is running a plot to run through that to the second to last episode, and then the last episode be a beach/or other type of fanservice episode to try to sell more merch.

I know the world god only knows did this, as did other shows that I can't remember the names of because the harem shows all blend together as one super harem show lol.
some shows tend to have the last episode as a kind of random one that's abit out of continuity. Kyoani shows are often like that

wow, i never noticed this, thanks

zulux21

wow, i never noticed this, thanks

I mean beyond the merch angle you also have the fact that seasons are 12-13 episodes long in general.

which leaves a company a few choices if the final arc isn't quite long enough.

A. Stretch it out either by ruining the pacing or adding filler.
B. put in a recap episode in the middle of it.
C. throw that random beach episode in the middle of the series before the arc.
D. let the arc be paced right and throw that beach episode at the end to meet the episode count.

B. is also a common choice as it also lets them reuse most of the animation.
A. happens but tends to annoy watchers more than B C or D.

Daemul

Yeah, I've mainly seen this happen in situations where a studio will manage to adapt a manga arc in 11/12 episodes, but with one episode left they don't want to start adding stuff from the next arc just in case they don't get another season, so the spare episode they have left over becomes fan service/recap time.

sonicmj1

No they won’t. You know they will completely strip the heart from it.

Take away the setting, the visuals, and the music and what is even left besides the basic premise?

I am sure J-Law will play a great hick country town 15-year-old girl.

Why do you think the protagonists will be in high school?

Cornbread78

Gamers-END
So....the dialog in this episode was great and it had some cute moments, but.... I mean, it had NOTHING to do with the plot and felt they needed to add a full 5 mins of pure fanservice pandering/bath scene with all the girls, but hey, might as well end the season with an OVA for the show, right!?!

Excellent show all season and one if the best this season, but garbage ending plot wise.... Any chance of a second season?

What is a shobitch?

The English word Bitch is loanword slang for something that's more akin to "slut" or just a promiscuous woman.

87623l.jpg

This being the promo image for the show should tell you everything.

Basically the ultimate male otaku fantasy contradiction of the virgin slut where you want someone pure but experienced yet is still submissive. The manga is nothing but the most rote of sexual innuendo jokes.

If youre looking for trash to replace the gal girlfriend show here you go

Cornbread78

The English word Bitch is loanword slang for something that's more akin to "slut" or just a promiscuous woman.

87623l.jpg

This being the promo image for the show should tell you everything.

Basically the ultimate male otaku fantasy contradiction of the virgin slut where you want someone pure but experienced. The manga is nothing but the most rote of sexual innuendo jokes.

If youre looking for trash to replace the gal girlfriend show here you go

Lol, sounds perfect.

Kenstar

DIEMCIUUQAAZh1p.jpg%3Alarge

Can someone explain to me the coloring scheme used in sketches like this
They dont usually match up to the actual colors, i see it a lot

Gamers-END

So....the dialog in this episode was great and it had some cute moments, but.... I mean, it had NOTHING to do with the plot and felt they needed to add a full 5 mins of pure fanservice pandering/bath scene with all the girls, but hey, might as well end the season with an OVA for the show, right!?!

Excellent show all season and one if the best this season, but garbage ending plot wise.... Any chance of a second season?

I really felt like the last episode was the REAL last episode and this episode is more just an epilogue of the group just doing stuff. Episode 11 kinda wrapped things up neatly.

I didnt watch anime for a few years and just when I finally have time again there's a new Fate series. I guess Im lucky ^^

Where all the mecha shows though?

These days, it's almost harder to find a cour without a Fate show. ;p

Thats nice to know, I'll have to check my backlog then. The lat Fate series I remember is Fate/Zero. I'll pick it up from there.

THAT'S A VERY GOOD QUESTION.

ONE I'D CERTAINLY LIKE AN ANSWER TO.

T_T I was so sure there'd be at least a Gundam one... So disappointed.

You shouldn't say bad things about the dead. So I'm not gonna comment about the mecha genre.

There ain't no bad things to say about the mecha genre though.
I watched series where gundams could transform into super saiyans. NOTHING trumps that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom