• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamers-END

So....the dialog in this episode was great and it had some cute moments, but.... I mean, it had NOTHING to do with the plot and felt they needed to add a full 5 mins of pure fanservice pandering/bath scene with all the girls, but hey, might as well end the season with an OVA for the show, right!?!

Excellent show all season and one if the best this season, but garbage ending plot wise.... Any chance of a second season?

It's weird, this is normally what you'd expect out of an OVA. I guess that's just how I'll think of it lol

DIEMCIUUQAAZh1p.jpg%3Alarge

Can someone explain to me the coloring scheme used in sketches like this
They dont usually match up to the actual colors, i see it a lot

The colors can vary depending on the artist/production. Blues are usually to indicate shadows and secondary colors; yellows can be used to break up details from bleeding together.

Cornbread78

I have waaaay too many shows book marked to watch next week....

With that being said, is BGBW doing the OT this time around?

Need any help with anything brotha?

It's weird, this is normally what you'd expect out of an OVA. I guess that's just how I'll think of it lol
I really felt like the last episode was the REAL last episode and this episode is more just an epilogue of the group just doing stuff. Episode 11 kinda wrapped things up neatly.

Yeah, this was clearly an OVA style episode and just felt weird to end the season.... They should have just made it 11 episodes as Psycho mentions.

Oh well, I enjoyed the season for sure, and I definitely want more!!!

I haven't seen a decent mecha show since... I want to say TTGL?

That's actually not too far off, when you really think about it.

There's really only a handful of truly great mecha shows that came out since TTGL.

Gundam Build Fighters
Danball Senki
Shin Mazinger Z

I'm sure there are other...okay ones but ever since TTGL mecha shows have ranged from meh to downright insufferable.

Kenstar

The colors can vary depending on the artist/production. Blues are usually to indicate shadows and secondary colors; yellows can be used to break up details from bleeding together.

thanks

so its more just to keep colors clear and separated, regardless of what they may actually be

NO DON'T LISTEN TO HIM.

Dude means well, but you do NOT want to waste your time with Buddy Complex and M3.

Lol Buddy Complex was pretty good though. It even used time travel pretty well without fucking it up. It was a enjoyable anime. The OVA ended it nicely too.

I will agree M3 was bad though.

Sorry if this is off-topic, but random question:

If I start watching Patlabor: The New Files, without watching the original TV series first, will I still enjoy it? Is it self contained or will I miss out on references and call backs?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The English word Bitch is loanword slang for something that's more akin to "slut" or just a promiscuous woman.

87623l.jpg

This being the promo image for the show should tell you everything.

Basically the ultimate male otaku fantasy contradiction of the virgin slut where you want someone pure but experienced yet is still submissive. The manga is nothing but the most rote of sexual innuendo jokes.

If youre looking for trash to replace the gal girlfriend show here you go

Whatever happened to high quality trash like Shinometa

well okay maybe without the love nectar jesus that was low quality trash

Firemind

man those are some shit designs

whatever happened to actual fanservice shows like ikkitousen, rosario to vampire, qwaser of stigmata, queen's blade and maken-ki

Sorry if this is off-topic, but random question:

If I start watching Patlabor: The New Files, without watching the original TV series first, will I still enjoy it? Is it self contained or will I miss out on references and call backs?

Half the episodes, or is it less? Tie directly into the show. The rest is stand alone as I recall.

Gamers! Ep 12

Some real truthbombs being thrown around by Agurui about games. Nice little ova like episode. Hopefully theres a season 2 but i think its tied up pretty nicely.

Whatever happened to high quality trash like Shinometa

well okay maybe without the love nectar jesus that was low quality trash

we'll get more prison school at some point

man those are some shit designs

whatever happened to actual fanservice shows like ikkitousen, rosario to vampire, qwaser of stigmata, queen's blade and maken-ki

Seven Deadly Sins aired a few months ago and it pretty much killed the studio

konbini kareshi

This is the ideal trash anime. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

thoroughly boring, stupid, and yet inoffensive enough to not make you drop it. a complete and total waste of time for everyone involved

Cornbread78

Fruits Basket ep.3-4
Still introducing new zodiac characters, which I assume will continue for a bit, but at least they are giving back stary and character info in the process, which is helping establish them.

Wow, Seven Mortal Sins bombed that bad?

Yeah, one of the two studios struggled to keep up with the schedule, causing multiple delays, an early recap episode, and finally the near shuttering of Artland Inc. It was initially reported that they tanked, but denied/corrected by the President shortly after.

Yeah, one of the two studios struggled to keep up with the schedule, causing multiple delays, an early recap episode, and finally the near shuttering of Artland Inc. It was initially reported that they tanked, but denied/corrected by the President shortly after.

That's depressing. I wasn't a fan of this series, but it's sad that people lost their jobs over this.

Line_HTX

New visual for Overlord II.

Not to mention the final episode was aired 3 weeks after it was supposed to end at the end of July, well into the Summer season.

zulux21

was confirmed that dbz abridged won't have anymore episodes this year.

they are launching new stuff and want to do the end of the cell saga as one big thing (like they did with the freeza saga) so no more cell saga stuff will come out this year, but it sounds like there might at least be another special coming this year. They have a few movies left so maybe one of those.

was confirmed that dbz abridged won't have anymore episodes this year.

they are launching new stuff and want to do the end of the cell saga as one big thing (like they did with the freeza saga) so no more cell saga stuff will come out this year, but it sounds like there might at least be another special coming this year. They have a few movies left so maybe one of those.

Man I need to get back to that. We'd caught up watching at one point but then sorta fell off when updates were slow. Thanks for the reminder.

zulux21

Man I need to get back to that. We'd caught up watching at one point but then sorta fell off when updates were slow. Thanks for the reminder.

I mean at the very least there should be a new ep of hellsing ultimate abridged and season 2 of final fantasy 7 so those will be fun.

ff7 started off rough but it was hitting it's stride in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom