• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

Everything is the same universe, they are all take place in the same world just over a year or so period. Now if your more asking about watching order that's a bit more complicated, you can either go Anime/Novel (only one major ordering difference between Anime/Novel) release order or you can go timeline order (which isn't recommended for various reasons).

So Bakemono is first? Are they all on the same service?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Netsuzou Trap - 01

Well.. that was something. Hotaru has it bad for Yuma, basically pulling a
"your first [french] kiss was with me, Dio!"
on her. You couldn't create a more generic looking character than they did with the two guys. The NTR aspect won't work out if people don't give a shit about the people being affected. lol

I absolutely hate NTR, but since how rare it is we get a yuri show I guess I'll stick with it.

Konbini Kareshi Episode 1

This was fun too, though Akira x Towa is a much better relationship than whatever their going for. And also the actual Konbini Kareshi are really cute character designs, a few more than the actual main boys...though Team Towa, best.
DEGDP_bW0AQwnFG.jpg:small
DEGDP_cXsAAs7dq.jpg:small

Watching Welcome to the Ballroom.

I really dislike characters who are apparently "completely new at sport X, but are better than most pros."

Also, show seems pretty average so far.

I hope they keep making SAO.

Toonami-gaf will never forgive you.

They secretly love it tho.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
lol yeesh~

Oh yeah, anyone finish Hyouka dubbed yet?

I'm :Chitanda about how they localized "Hyouka"... since I scream wouldn't make sense.

Cornbread78

Love and Lies ep.1
Saliva aside, this was an excellent opening episode. I can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Tsurezure Children ep.1
Part cute, part corny, part funny.... Yup, this has potential to be fun.

Sakarada Reset ep.14
Oh Kei, You gotta be upfront and honest.... We are not going to get the ship we should because of Soma.... This is unfortunate...

trejo

lol yeesh~

Oh yeah, anyone finish Hyouka dubbed yet?

I'm :Chitanda about how they localized "Hyouka"... since I scream wouldn't make sense.

I'm actually now curious too since I forgot the entire main mystery surrounding the whole club book thing was based on a lame ass stupid as shit pun, lol.

KraytarJ

Ballroom seems pretty good so far. Definitely the best premiere I've seen yet, and the one I want to follow the most. Those subs were hot garbage though.

dickroach

I started watched Trigun for some reason. dubbed.
I read that the story doesn't really start till episode 13, but I'm digging the 90s charm and the goofy characters so far

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Watching Welcome to the Ballroom.

I really dislike characters who are apparently "completely new at sport X, but are better than most pros."

Also, show seems pretty average so far.
I do not think there is supposed to be any takeaway that the main character is good at dancing. He was working on a very simple step all night. It is hard to picture how someone sees the show as average when this does so much more than most other shows...

Yeah, the sub timing for Welcome to the Ballroom near the end was getting real bad. The show seems good so far, I'll keep watching it.

Ballroom Episode 1

Pretty slow episode 1 with nothing happening, they could have at least shown a full dance sequence or something, instead of just a turn and thats it. The ost didnt even have any interesting musics, oh well. One of the characters in the ED looked great so Ill stick around for more.

Anime makes me just wish we got s4 Haikyuu!! instead.

TribeCoolCrew will still be the best dance anime.

Welcome to the Ballroom 1

Even when they're doing a special worldwide premiere stream, Amazon still provides poorly timed subtitles. Bravo.

Anyway, a fairly typical opener, and that the main character could actually stay up all night practicing the same dance move strains the limits of credibility, but I love the character art and the animation shows a keen awareness of the physicality of dance. There's potential here, and the next episode preview looks really good, so I'm going to keep watching.

It doesn't hurt that Sengoku exudes that "cool" factor.

Line_HTX

Welcome to the Ballroom 01

Fairly slow paced, but I guess that's to be expected since it'll be 24 episodes. Their faces look like Haikyu with those expressions and outlines.

Kind of wish it would go slightly further in establishing Fujita, but I guess that'll wait. For a typical episode 1, it was decent overall.

I'm happy that this was streamed on Twitch. More anime in the future please, VoHiYo

KraytarJ

Love and Lies 1
Actually pretty solid opening, it's got elements of wish fulfillment for all those shy kids out there but it's also got some seeds of suffering. I'm very intrigued.

Two takeaways: 1) Romance is back in a big way this season & 2) Amazon got all the good stuff

RedEther

Welcome to the Ballroom 1

Good first episode very slow paced but it's really faithful to the source material so a slow start is pretty much expected.

Art is pretty great imo. I can't wait to see some of my favorite characters animated in future episodes

Line_HTX

Netsuzou Trap - 01

Well.. that was something. Hotaru has it bad for Yuma, basically pulling a
"your first [french] kiss was with me, Dio!"
on her. You couldn't create a more generic looking character than they did with the two guys. The NTR aspect won't work out if people don't give a shit about the people being affected. lol

I absolutely hate NTR, but since how rare it is we get a yuri show I guess I'll stick with it.

I think people won't care about the dudes affected, maybe rendering it ineffective, hahaha

JulianImp

Knight's & Magic - #1
I want to like this show, but the MC being such a Gary Stu right from the start is giving me bad vibes...

Line_HTX

Wait, this series is not dead yet?

Edit: Dai Sato for writing and Naoki Sato for music, man as much as I have doubts, I sort of want it too. I liked the original Eureka 7.

I hope we get the return of the EDM in Hi-Evolution. Those scenes with those were pretty hype.

Aki-at

Eureka 7 - 1

It was on Netflix so I decided to give it a try. I knew there were mechas but airsurfing mechas that use their moves to destroy enemy mechas? Radical dude! It's got a lot of cool shots so I'll keep going with it considering it ended with a cliffhanger and all.

I don't get it yall wanted for the boyfriends to be loving and amazing so you could get more of the vapors? Isn't the show just aimed to be Yuri and uses this as an excuse to make it more of a forbidden fruit?

ibyea

Banned
So regarding the new Eureka 7 movies, I am wondering the whys. Why decide to revive this dead series? Why now of all times? Why is it a redo of the show itself instead of a sequel or something? It seems strange to me, or I am just being silly.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm actually now curious too since I forgot the entire main mystery surrounding the whole club book thing was based on a lame ass stupid as shit pun, lol.
Busted my seal on the DVDs and they just went the Atlus route and have them say Hyouka and make the "icecream" -> I Scream connection. I mean, fair play. lol

DNAbro

So regarding the new Eureka 7 movies, I am wondering the whys. Why decide to revive this dead series? Why now of all times? Why is it a redo of the show itself instead of a sequel or something? It seems strange to me, or I am just being silly.

why make something new when you can sell someone the same thing again?

jett

D-Member
Finished watching Hajime no Ippo.

Season 1 was magnificent and actually inspiring, which is a new feeling for me when watching anime. :p

Shit got kinda stale and repetitive in season 2, the main character was pushed to the sidelines for some reason.

Season 3 was okay, but it seems like they lost the plot to be honest, and the animation was a serious downgrade.

I had a lot of fun with S1, not so much with the other two, but it was still enjoyable. What am I gonna do with my life now...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It seems like the movie is going to be centered around Renton's time with the Beams. Not sure if anyone noticed but they note his name as Renton Beams (with Renton Thurston below it) on his character profile on the movie website. Hm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom