• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yeah I guess you guys are right lol, it's probably more of the fact that I've just been tuning in at the wrong times, but I dunno, I remember being absolutely mind blown by almost everything being shown at SGDQ.

Even last year's F-Zero runs and like 3 years ago the paper mario run still to this day blow my mind and I guess it is a bit unrealistic to expect to have my mind be blown in every single run.

There is a very interesting balance to what makes a fun speed run though and I suppose it's different for each viewer.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Going back and watching Actraiser from this morning since I love the game. Have they ever done a full run with sim segments included?

I know the Actraiser tech pretty well and sim runs require a lot of precision stuff; basically you can trick the game into building roads slightly faster and there's a lot of minimization where you need to kill exactly enough monsters to get enough people to hit the Level-up minimums to go to the next world but not too many because the game lags during building sequences. The time you can save is super impressive, but I can't imagine it's fun to run in a marathon setting. You can also circumvent a lot of the cutscenes where the people have something to tell you if you seal the lairs in the wrong order.

Yeah, Jedi Knight is a fantastic not-to-be-missed type run.

They get going so hilariously fast.

edit: oh i was thinking of the first JK, oh well. Still excited for this.

venomenon

That guy was pretty entertaining. Don't really care about Star Wars games but that was nice to watch.

Looking forward to Castlevania later :)

Top Bottom