• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

LordAlu

I'm a Zero Mission runner myself, so I have to hype up that run a little bit ;) Mickey was awesome, just 19 seconds off his RTA PB. They also mentioned Eagle, who is simply godlike at ZM (and Fusion, considering he's been running it for like 6-8 months now?).

dmr87

Been watching GDQ's for many years, just love seeing the runners and commentators completely nerding out while explaining how everything works and came to be. And huge respect to the time that everyone puts into all the games.

Have any other races gotten commentary in the sport fashion/quality that Tropical Freeze got? Are any other races going too get it (other than Mario Maker)?

edit: this is not a rhetorical question, I'm actually asking what are the hype races that may get that kind of commentary, and whether I have missed some of those.

emb

Have any other races gotten commentary in the sport fashion/quality that Tropical Freeze got? Are any other races going too get it (other than Mario Maker)?

edit: this is not a rhetorical question, I'm actually asking what are the hype races that may get that kind of commentary, and whether I have missed some of those.
Super Metroid will probably get that kind of treatment.

Brashnir

It's pretty unusual that they do a race or run where the runners aren't miced, which is what leads to that setup. The MTPO Blindfold race, and the Mario Maker segment from this year's AGDQ was done that way. I can't think of any others. Did one of the Tetris Blocks have that setup?

dmr87

Super Metroid hopefully, and it's going to be awesome.

Super Metroid hopefully, and it's going to be awesome.

Super Metroid will probably get that kind of treatment.
cool, thanks.
It's pretty unusual that they do a race or run where the runners aren't miced, which is what leads to that setup. The MTPO Blindfold race, and the Mario Maker segment from this year's AGDQ was done that way. I can't think of any others. Did one of the Tetris Blocks have that setup?

Tetris they pretty much gave their own commentary as far as i recall.

Famassu

I'd love to see a Gravity Rush speed-run in one of these. Are there any good ones on Youtube or are people even speed-running it? I dunno, it seems like a game with lots of speed-running potential. A route-optimized run could be pretty insane.

jett

D-Member
FrankerZ.png

Pretty good!

Top Bottom