• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Did one of the comments just mention LittleBigPlanet as something they played "in their childhood"?

Shit man... it didn't come out that long ago, right? What? Eight years ago?? Stop making me feel old. :(

I was a kid too.. an 18 year old kid..

Tizoc

TIME FOR THE BANANA SLAMMA!
G1jY8F6.jpg

Cyrano

Man Burning Rangers and Bomberman 64 at night. The RE2 and SH3 runs were great too. Guess everyone will get lots of quality VOD time.

Dascu

Some more from Reddit on HalfCoordinated's Momodora: Reverie under the Moonlight run:
There's something I'd like to add to this thread to give people context on something that may have contributed to why HalfCoordinated was feeling very emotional about gaming with disabilities tonight.

HalfCoordinated is fairly active on the SomethingAwful forums, and within the last few months someone came to the general speedrun thread asking for his advice. This man had a young relative... I believe niece? She's very sick. I'm not going to act like I remember the exact details with what but I believe there were tumors. As a result she has also only been able to play games with one hand and she'd been feeling very depressed about it. This man introduced her to HalfCoordinated's *GDQ runs and she was blown away that someone could get so good at playing games with one hand and they would spend a lot of time together watching his runs. It made him happy to see her get excited about games again and that's when he came to HalfCoordinated on the forums. He was asking him what games he'd recommend for someone just learning to play with one hand and if there were any tips he could suggest.

After some extensive back and forth between him and HalfCoordinated, an offer was made for the man and his niece to come meet him at SGDQ. Since HalfCoordinated always plays with his right hand occupied (something on top of it, holding something else, etc.) he wanted her to be sitting beside him and holding his hand. Everyone was really excited about the idea, I don't recall there being any issues with the SGDQ staff, and the parents were also on board so long as she was feeling okay.

...unfortunately that's the kicker. Shortly before SGDQ she took a turn for the worse and is currently in hospice care. She was unable to make it down to SGDQ. Her name is Sam, and that's why HalfCoordinated mentioned it was a very personal reason for his runner's choice donation be her name for one of the upcoming game's character name donation incentive.
https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/4rgff9/thank_you_halfcoordinated/d50xkur

I just love the GDQ community. We have the drama and awkward moments for sure, but on the whole it's a bunch of great people doing amazing runs for a great cause.

Crochet mom believes in me and that's all that matters. DS dad will always be there for us, and may YSG bless us with his presence.

Also, what WR runs have been done so far? I heard last night someone got a WR but forgot what game it was for.

Quenk

I just love the GDQ community. We have the drama and awkward moments for sure, but on the whole it's a bunch of great people doing amazing runs for a great cause.

Crochet mom believes in me and that's all that matters. DS dad will always be there for us, and may YSG bless us with his presence.

Also, what WR runs have been done so far? I heard last night someone got a WR but forgot what game it was for.

I think just Braid so far.

Top Bottom