• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

Glitchless is a much better watch to me. Any% is nothing but out of bounds and kick glitch.

I think it's already something of a miracle we actually got 2 games.

Glitchless runs are always more fun to watch IMO, no matter the game. They require more mastery of the game mechanics. The out of bounds/glitched runs always seem like QTE memorization to me.

Keinning

faith is more resilient than i remember
dropping several meters unharmed, ignoring inertia to get down from a train by slamming her face into a sign.... in my game she died every time someone sneezed near her

I found him annoying at first, but it's obviously meant to be a running gag and I'm kind of getting into it.

I imagine some of you guys also get really mad when the crowd does Waluigi sounds.

Not really, I enjoyed the Waluigi sounds because it happened from time to time. This joke however is happening every minute or so.

It's still no "I'd really prefer if you'd be quiet".

I2HCBbg.jpg

Nothing is.
Who is this guy on the couch? I can't tell if he's talking shit to the speedrunner or not?

It's just a bit they planned, it looks obvious by how much they're running the joke to the ground. I mean, we got it 25 minutes ago.

crash-14

Glitchless is a much better watch to me. Any% is nothing but out of bounds and kick glitch.

I think it's already something of a miracle we actually got 2 games.

That's why it's even worse that they blew EA's 2 chance. The first game ended up gaining the respect that deserved at the end of last gen (Thanks to the PC port I'll say).

That's why it's even worse that they blew EA's 2 chance. The first game ended up gaining the respect that deserved at the end of last gen (Thanks to the PC port I'll say).

What should they have done, anyway? The leveling system was a mistake, but they also acknowledged the issues with the first game about momentum, and combat to a lesser extent. On a level by level basis the first game is still better, but I don't understand how negative the reception is to the second game.

On a level by level basis the first game is still better, but I don't understand how negative the reception is to the second game.

Yeah, I played it and enjoyed it. Nothing moves like this game does especially when you improvise and combine the moves you have. I will say though that the time trails are much stronger than the story missions(although some of them are very good). I think the only negative is having skills locked and this in turn really minimizes the things you could do within that game.

What should they have done, anyway? The leveling system was a mistake, but they also acknowledged the issues with the first game about momentum, and combat to a lesser extent. On a level by level basis the first game is still better, but I don't understand how negative the reception is to the second game.

Mirrors Edge, to my mind, should have been similar to an SSX game: Super well made linear tracks that you have to figure out the best path through. Open world just destroyed my interest in the sequel.

Keinning

is Faith this unbelievable fast in the normal game or is this a new game + thing

also i should really play catalyst before watching this but oh well

is Faith this unbelievable fast in the normal game or is this a new game + thing

also i should really play catalyst before watching this but oh well

Is always that fast, it's much easier to build and keep momentum in this game plus the viewmodel is zoomed out more than the first game, so it has more sense of speed.

Lima

Storyline in Mirrors Edge. Bro I've played both games multiple times. I have no idea what happened in these games.

Wanderer5

God damn, looking so damn fast.XD

Storyline in Mirrors Edge. Bro I've played both games multiple times. I have no idea what happened in these games.

I just go whatever. Gameplay is where it is at anyway (beside combat maybe <.<).

shanafan

Nice seeing these games being played on PC. Halo: Combat Evolved, Mirror's Edge: Catalyst and NieR: Automata I've noticed.

ME:Catalyst has double wall jump? That is so stupid.

Catalyst being unrealistic is a complaint people bring up occasionally. I think it's fun but I guess people who are really into parkour and/ or liked the first game's grounded approach wouldn't care for Faith's flagrant defiance of gravity.

jett

D-Member
Catalyst being unrealistic is a complaint people bring up occasionally. I think it's fun but I guess people who are really into parkour and/ or liked the first game's grounded approach wouldn't care for Faith's flagrant defiance of gravity.

Yeah that's me. It's not like I'm a stickler for realism but double wall jump is a bit much. Faith isn't Mario.

Megasoum

Banned
Is Notch still making those crazy big donations like he used to in the past?

I hate the guy but at least he's loaded...

Beardy

If this bothers you, when the emote is being used to harass a trans comunity member, you should get your priorities straightened out.

The problem is that she's trying to get the emote removed from Twitch altogether while also blaming Dan himself for being transphobic.

I've talked with her on Twitter. I've talked about context, other emotes used for racist shit (TriHard, ANELE, MingLee), double standards, and whether or not she was offended by BCWarrior as well because it depicted a bearded male with a wig.

Not only did she say the aforementioned emotes don't compare (because they don't affect her), she is also trying to get BCWarrior removed as well, an emote that was made from a Breast Cancer Charity stream by Zeke years ago.

Top Bottom