• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

Blizzard

Banned
I didn't even realize this event was running now. Darn, I missed the Mirror's Edge runs, and one of them was even glitchless. I always like glitchless speedruns better, particularly with Mirror's Edge, since the levels look nicer when you're not out of bounds.

(I know I could technically watch the VOD or whatever :p)

I didn't even realize this event was running now. Darn, I missed the Mirror's Edge runs, and one of them was even glitchless. I always like glitchless speedruns better, particularly with Mirror's Edge, since the levels look nicer when you're not out of bounds.

Oh boy, i hope you like someone saying "so you're saying you're using a glitch." Every 5 minutes.

Blizzard

Banned
Oh boy, i hope you like someone saying "so you're saying you're using a glitch." Every 5 minutes.
I pretty much always have the audio muted on these streams.

I don't remember whether it was AGDQ or SGDQ, but whatever event a couple of years ago where one of the couch people constantly interrupted and talked over a woman speedrunner almost put me off watching them for a while. Hopefully that couch person was never invited back, but the couch always seems to be the worst part of the event. I'd rather have no one on the couch if they can't find someone solid.

I pretty much always have the audio muted on these streams.

I don't remember whether it was AGDQ or SGDQ, but whatever event a couple of years ago where one of the couch people constantly interrupted and talked over a woman speedrunner almost put me off watching them for a while. Hopefully that couch person was never invited back, but the couch always seems to be the worst part of the event. I'd rather have no one on the couch if they can't find someone solid.

Watch Freedom Planet, you'll never find a better couch and runner combination as that one all week.

Tune out the 'comedian' on the couch and the run is quite enjoyable with good runner commentary.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
12086e225cc20450b054e186ebd5ea7f.png

Shame being July 4th morning there's like no one in the audience and very few watchers, Astral run was pretty good.

Dusk Golem

Having Clustertruck voting on Twitch for special effects during a speedrun at GDQ is some next level shit.

Dusk Golem

Of course Twitch users during a speedrun at GDQ given the ability to vote for truck effects would always vote for Laser Trucks.

#TwitchWantsToWatchTheRunsBurn

Leezard

Does someone has a list of the worst speedruns? (in terms of the speedrunner's hability)

I was wondering if there has been cringe moments since everybody I see it's so good.

There was a Ratchet and Clank speedrun from last year (or maybe earlier this year?) that was fun to watch but it devolved into something that was not a speedrun.

Trickster

The devs can just write directly to you while you're playing their game, and even change stuff on the fly? That shit is wack

The devs can just write directly to you while you're playing their game, and even change stuff on the fly? That shit is wack

The dev's can completely fuck with you. I remember they turned the gravity off on one streamer and fucked with him by asking for the password.

Top Bottom