• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

Man, how do people memorize these levels? Same thing with Sonic. It just seems like there's so much stuff going on at once, and the levels themselves are vertical as well as horizontal.

KayMote

This is exactly the type of commentary that makes me wanna sit down and watch a game that was unknown to me before - guy is great!

I'd much rather have this type of excited commentary than the odd inside jokes, super nervous laughing or the silence we've had previously.

And it doesn't give much room for donation reads, so that's great also.

I'd much rather have this type of excited commentary than the odd inside jokes, super nervous laughing or the silence we've had previously.

And it doesn't give much room for donation reads, so that's great also.

??? Donation reading is a big part of why this is popular in the first place.

Owensboro

1. This game looks great (when played by a speedrunner). The movement is great.

2. This is exactly the kind of commentary you want. Someone on the couch explaining everything that is going on, how tricks are working, and why little movements are done. Great stuff.

Brashnir

1. This game looks great (when played by a speedrunner). The movement is great.

It's a shame that the Genesis Sonic games' speedruns are so full of glitches, zips and screenwraps, because they would be amazing to watch as well otherwise.

Eventually, this game will probably end up broken to that degree too.

Veldin

Man, how do people memorize these levels? Same thing with Sonic. It just seems like there's so much stuff going on at once, and the levels themselves are vertical as well as horizontal.

Hours and hours of practice, step-by-step. Once you learn the path it's all about muscle memory. It's actually a little easier to get into than other types of games since there's a level select.

Dartastic

Seriously, that game looks dope as hell. How much longer is the Steam sale going for? I think I may pick this up on Friday when I get paid...

JEKKI

man shout outs to not having work today! being lazy and enjoying some SGDQ!

Monkey Ball - I aint ever played or seen this game before, but dang the run makes it looks crazy!

Freedom Planet - what's up with this run??? The couch dude is totally feeling himself, while the gamer himself looks very sad and somber... then there's the other guy on the couch who isnt doing anything... it's so weird!!

_woLf

Freedom Planet - what's up with this run??? The couch dude is totally feeling himself, while the gamer himself looks very sad and somber... then there's the other guy on the couch who isnt doing anything... it's so weird!!

The runner was trying to focus, my dude. The game is crazy intense.

Sonic CD JPN sountrack

vAW2kX9.png

American soundtrack

XVjJqmG.jpg

Watching a VOD of the Lion King.

Damn, this game. I remember it back in the day.

A brutal rental game, I still loved it though.

Although
Mega Drive > SNES

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm at an airport and I have 40 minutes before my flight. I want to download the ActRaiser and Crash runs. I have a Mac to watch on the plane. Is this possible?

KayMote

That's unfortunate... imagine flying all the way up from Europe, visiting the US for the first time in your life, working hard on your run for the past months and then... something like this happens, especially since he was already close to the finish line. Makes me sad.

crash-14

Does someone has a list of the worst speedruns? (in terms of the speedrunner's hability)

I was wondering if there has been cringe moments since everybody I see it's so good.

Top Bottom