• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

Trickster

So I bought Hollow Knight during the steam sale, but haven't had the time to play it yet, wondering if I would be spoiling the game too much by watching the speedrun of it coming in a few hours?

Leezard

So I bought Hollow Knight during the steam sale, but haven't had the time to play it yet, wondering if I would be spoiling the game too much by watching the speedrun of it coming in a few hours?

It depends if you consider it too much. You'll likely see final boss locations and a bunch of bosses and how to proceed, not counting possible sequence breaks they will use. You'll have to decide for yourself if that's too much.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Uh. FFXV on PS4 Pro isn't 60 FPS, right? It's unlocked, but nowere near estable, IIRC.

Anyway, just got home and I don't have to leave again for six more hours. Gimme some SGDQ goodness!

The YouTube uploads generally aren't done until after the event.

Absolutely untrue. Every year the uploads are generally done in two stages. Usually the initial low quality ones are up in a few hours after each game airs, then over there next two weeks they upload properly edited (ads removed, copyrighted music removed) high quality versions.

This is the first time they seem to be foregoing the initial upload.

Do we know if they are on track with the donations? I'd like them to break $1.2 million.

Every day besides the last day doesn't matter. The last agdq made over 1.5 million on the last day alone.

G71TkU9.gif

Aww yeah, Pro Skater 2 & 4 time.

THPS2 was the first "I really want to play that again now" game during this event, and also made me even more sad that THPS5 was such a disaster disappointment.

Missed the first two days, gonna try to watch a few runs today. How was Automata?

Man, that sound effect when you're on the ground in I Am Bread is so damn good.

yuraya

Crazy how short and easy that guy made Hollow Knight look. I died so many more times beating it lol.

Speedrunners are amazing :D

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Shovel Knight run is having a live call with the game's creator right now, he's helping commentate it seems.

Trickster

Is this a separate game from shovel knight?

Edit - Also please for the love of all that is holy get the connection to the dev fixed, it's painful to have them there only to have everything they say be impossible to understand because half of it is lost

Beefwheat

Dang it, I want to hear this Shovel Knight developer commentary but his Skype is horrible! Also this run is reminding me that I haven't even played Plague of Shadows yet :|

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is this a separate game from shovel knight?

It was released as a separate game that's a prequel, but anyone who owned Shovel Knight before this released got it for free and I believe anyone who buys the original Shovel Knight now with a slightly increased price gets it as well.

Top Bottom