• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

RDrxz1S.png

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Brothers run is starting off very promising, the commentators are charismatic and seem to have good chemistry. Also Brothers is a good game, even if this run has unskipable cutscenes.

Coreda

I could never get past the first level after getting stuck on the elevator crank thing. To see them walk on air over it is amusing :p

The Mirror's Edge runs last night were awesome. I have my issues with them (especially Catalyst) but they look so good being run like that.

Pretty much everything today and tonight look great. In for all of it.

Dusk Golem

This runs fantastic so far, already telling this will be probably considered one of the greats from this GDQ.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Man, threre are way too many new games being played. Like, if I haven't had a chance to play these games yet, why would I want to watch speedruns of them? I've skipped more of the event than I've actually watched.

Kalor

I was going to skip Brothers as I wasn't sure if it would make a good run but it's been really enjoyable so far.

Keinning

Brothers run being really good but they're close to the point where i dropped the game and i don't want to stop watching

Oh the dilemma

Lukemon

This run is a personal fave so far - runner is really great, couch has his back when needed, super cool tricks and he's hit everything he attempted bar the frame-perfect wolf thing so far. Love it.

What are some of the highlight runs so far?

I've missed a fair bit but so far, Freedom Planet was great, Monkey Ball and Cluster Truck were both nice and silly, SOTN was real good, THPS is always good. Shovel Knight would probably have been top tier if the dev wasn't Skyping in from the moon but was cool anyway, and this Brothers run has everything. I have some catching up to do myself so keen to see what else I should check out as well!

Dusk Golem

The unfortunately hilarious timing of reading that donation comment.

"Brothers made me Cry, but now it's making me laugh!" Right when
the younger brother is pushing his older brother's corpse into the grave he dug up.

The fucking timing of that made me laugh.

Dusk Golem

Despite the one cutscene death glitch moment, it was a great run. Runner was charismatic, enthusiastic, and insightful, the couch guys were good, they got quieter as it went on but I think that was the right choice and when they were talking they were entertaining to listen to as well and had good chemistry, and of course Brothers is a good game. I think it's one of the greats from this GDQ.

Also this was the first time I saw Brothers since I played and beat it years ago, I had forgotten about a few scenes. That refresher made me more excited for the studios second game, A Way Out. Think they can deliver on a co-op campaign prison break and on the run game with a narrative.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Catching up, in case anyone is looking for good runs to watch of stuff they might not have heard of, here's all the stuff I liked:

Nier Automata (1 handed)
Diddy Kong Racing
Castlevania: SOTN
Guacamelee Gold (this is probably the best technical run of the show so far)
Knytt Stories
ActRaiser
EVO: The Search for Eden
Crash Bandicoot
Mirror's Edge
Astal
Clustertruck (probably the most entertaining run so far -- the developers hack into the speedrunner's game and change it on him)
OmniBus

[I'm only on POI but will be catching up during Banjo 100% snoozefest]

Dusk Golem

Catching up, in case anyone is looking for good runs to watch of stuff they might not have heard of, here's all the stuff I liked:

Nier Automata (1 handed)
Diddy Kong Racing
Knytt Stories
ActRaiser
Crash Bandicoot
Mirror's Edge
Astal
Clustertruck (probably the most entertaining run so far -- the developers hack into the speedrunner's game and change it on him)
OmniBus

I need to watch some of these, but I would add Freedom Planet personally as it was a pretty great run.

So far Clustertruck and Brothers have been my two favorite runs, both for opposite reasons almost.

kadotsu

Banned
I enjoyed Legacy of Darkness a lot but you need to have played it to appreciate the actual skill on display. You also can never go wrong with anything Tony Hawk related.

Beefwheat

Thanks for that list, Stumpokapow. Now might be a good time to get caught up, because I don't know if I can do two hours of "Woo! Woo! Awwrreeee! Woo!" lol

Mutant

Nier Automata (1 handed)
Diddy Kong Racing
Knytt Stories
ActRaiser
Crash Bandicoot
Mirror's Edge
Astal
OmniBus

[I'm only on POI but will be catching up during Banjo 100% snoozefest]

Where can I find the archive of these videos?

Top Bottom