• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

The YouTube chat for this is one of the most embarrassing, racist/trolly things I've ever read. Can't even have a discussion about the run without people popping in with racial slurs and folks telling others to "neck themselves".

silva1991

Does Banjo has a remake? even if not this speedrun convinced me to play it.

Part of me thinks that MS will fund a remake after Crash's success.

Jhoan

Does Banjo has a remake? even if not this speedrun convinced me to play it.

Part of me thinks that MS will fund a remake after Crash's success.

It came out on XBLA several years ago but they mentioned in the stream that it's not the optimal version for speed runners to play because while you keep all the music notes if you die, text loads slower. In the N64 version, you lose all the music notes if you die but text loads faster.

Also +1 for the Vile crocodile song. That was great!

TUSR

Banned
Today has been incredible, for both the commentators and runners.

Some of these donation rhymes gave me a grin.

Insured

If Stiv didn't already hold the WR with a better time, we'd be celebrating an insane marathon world record right now :D

Altazor

goddamn, almost beating his own WR. Amazing run, really.

made even better with the Mr. Vile song and the WAHEYs

Joey Ravn

Banned
Caught the run barely over the mid point, but, damn, it was great!

I'm known to have played a Pokémong game or two, so bring on the Pokémon block!

Coreda

The Dishonored 2 run has me curious if it'll be as crazy as some of the high level play I've seen elsewhere. There are pretty creative maneuvers players have been able to achieve.

FSLink

Banned
Can someone explain what this guy does differently from most people playing Pokemon Puzzle League? He doesn't seem to be doing anything vastly different from like when I play lol

3 hours of pokemon, this game isn't fun to watch at all.

this is not glitchless if that's what you're expecting. like keiz said in the interview, this run is pretty execution heavy.
This feels like this run could end in a disaster if I'm understanding what the seed manipulation is supposed to do? Hopefully things go well for the runner.

shouldn't be too bad, this cyndaquil isn't optimal but they don't use it too long.

survivor

Banned
This feels like this run could end in a disaster if I'm understanding what the seed manipulation is supposed to do? Hopefully things go well for the runner.

The seed manipulation gives you the trainer ID to win the radio tower contest and get a master ball, which you use to catch Raikou who you use to finish the run. Raikou requires some manipulation too but you can brute force it if you don't get it.

Going to be missing the Resident Evil games tomorrow morning as i'm out early, a shame but i'll catch up with the vods.

Everything has been good fun so far, only time I am not watching is when I need several hours of sleep to survive.

survivor

Banned
shouldn't be too bad, this cyndaquil isn't optimal but they don't use it too long.

The seed manipulation gives you the trainer ID to win the radio tower contest and get a master ball, which you use to catch Raikou who you use to finish the run. Raikou requires some manipulation too but you can brute force it if you don't get it.
Ah ok, things don't seem too bad now. Good crits too.

hehe, didn't think he'd actually do Jinx's in-game cry as an impression.

I always liked that better than the dumb JAAAINX she had in the anime. Her game cry kind of sounds like a lady singing.

I drove back from a family reunion in middle-of-nowhere Minnesota to Chicago about 24 hours ago, and it only just now occurred to me that I drove literally right past SGDQ. I would have stopped and spent a day there 😢

Top Bottom