• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

Keinning

Climbing on trip mines to skip entire chapters
So this is how Gordon Freeman graduated.

dude wasn't even alive when half-life came out and he beat the game first than me

Johndoey

Banned
Man when I was his age I was having panic attacks trying to speak in front of a half filled classroom. He's pretty cool.

Half-Life is such a classic speedrun. One of the best IMO thanks to the ideal length.

It's a great marathon running game due to it being a nice length, the routes are solid and well rehearsed, and any mistakes are quickly fixed by a 2 second loaded save. It also helps that it's a classic game everyone knows about and loves

I've watched quite a lot of HL speedruns, so to me, it's kind of samey, but it's still a solid game for the event

"What's the deal with all these female frontrunners... better get in contact with Notch to fix that" might be the most surreal stream of consciousness announcing that could of just happened.

I know he meant because Notch is a rich
arsehole
but still.

Oh no... The "Is this a glitch tho?" guy is back on the couch

He was in other runs as well today but obviously he isn't with his buddy to do that bit that they ran to the ground.
"What's the deal with all these female frontrunners... better get in contact with Notch to fix that" might be the most surreal stream of consciousness announcing that could of just happened.

I know he meant because Notch is a rich
arsehole
but still.

Uh not really, the announcer just said that Jill & Emily are winning in the character selection department. Then he said if you guys want Chris to be chosen in the RE speedrun then you better donate or contact Notch(which I say no don't contact that asshole). The announcer most definitely didn't make it seem as a "Ugh why are all the females winning" kind of thing. I do agree that he shouldn't have brought that ass up.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Its time
Rip_and_tear.png

Coreda

The wall scaling trick in DH2 is very neat. Wonder how difficult it is to master. Scaled the tower in no time at all.

I honestly prefer games where there's a bunch of bugs and broken skips. Part of the fun watching speedruns is seeing how much people break the games in order to get the fastest time possible
Agreed. Also, there's different categories for speedrunning, this one just isn't glitchless, so dunno what you were expecting.

DOOM runs are amazing. It's so bizarre how every Bethesda published game is like incredibly broken while simultaneously having some the best production values out there.

---

But RIP PC.

Hero

Freedom Planet still has the best couch + runner combo. It was so damn good and hype. I still believe it'll be the best at this SGDQ.

Yeah that was a great run to watch. Couch commentator was spot on, explained stuff, and fairly entertaining, despite some corniness. Is he running or commentating anything else this weekend?

ckohler

Feels bad when the games crash but it's bound to happen from time to time, especially how much the break theses games.

Top Bottom