• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Damn they did Divinity while I was asleep, any idea as to when they're going to start uploading VOD's to their youtube? Usually they do it while the show is going on, but so far this year nada.

Dvzaejx.gif

SJRB

Gold Member
Are they a few hours behind schedule or did something change? I thought Jak was supposed to be 2 hours ago.

edit: nvm, refreshed the schedule and the timeslots changed.

Could someone explain pause strats for the Super Monkey Ball run? Is it simply a timing thing where if you have the right direction at the right moment, it goes perfectly?

LordofPwn

first time getting my donation read, Xem has amazing pipes, and his gold bolt run was awesome. This is my first time watching an any% jak II run and it's blowing my mind.

Coonce

Übersandvich;242749131 said:
Could someone explain pause strats for the Super Monkey Ball run? Is it simply a timing thing where if you have the right direction at the right moment, it goes perfectly?

like when they pause the game multiple times?

it's called pause buffering, they're changing the frame of the game by 1 every time they pause, most of the time to pull off a frame perfect trick.

to give a little more detail, certain tricks can only be performed on certain frames in a game. so if a game runs at 30 fps, you get 1 frame out of those 30 to nail it. if you pause buffer it's like playing the frames in slow motion.

like when they pause the game multiple times?

it's called pause buffering, they're changing the frame of the game by 1 every time they pause, most of the time to pull off a frame perfect trick.

to give a little more detail, certain tricks can only be performed on certain frames in a game. so if a game runs at 30 fps, you get 1 frame out of those 30 to nail it. if you pause buffer it's like playing the frames in slow motion.

Yeah, that's right. Thanks for explanation!

Amani

Is Twitch just not loading streams for anyone else? All I get is a black box that never loads, though I can see the chat. I had trouble logging in to my account as well.

TheChits

Hennejoe's Prince of Persia run from a few years back was amazing. Anything that could have went wrong during that run did, but he stayed positive throughout. Super memorable run

Beefwheat

This is one of those runs that's like, a little cathartic. Because I loved this game and often think about replaying it but never take the time. Seeing games done this well makes me feel like I'm good and I can cross it off my list again.

Carl

Just caught up with Xem from earlier. Been watching him for a couple of years. He's honestly such a sweet guy and can really play and sing. Such an incredibly talented guy

bonesquad

I thought I was smart for beating Talos Principle. But after watching this I feel dumb because I bothered to solve the puzzles...

Top Bottom