• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

How so? I saw maybe a couple mistakes, but the dude seems to be doing very well.

Well he has WR in this so I'm comparing to a perfect run

Some things:
-first track, getting the star first was bad, he would have reset in a normal run
-also Koopa - missed the jump into cave
-Toad's Turnpike mess up
-lots of false starts (nerves probably)
-Wario Raceway, just RIP that one

shanafan

Well he has WR in this so I'm comparing to a perfect run

Some things:
-first track, getting the star first was bad, he would have reset in a normal run
-also Koopa - missed the jump into cave
-Toad's Turnpike mess up
-lots of false starts (nerves probably)
-Wario Raceway, just RIP that one

Ah, well I guess as a first time viewer, I was impressed haha.

Ah, well I guess as a first time viewer, I was impressed haha.

Oh yeah, it's still amazing, especially when you've played the game since childhood :p

I followed him on Twitch after his last GDQ appearance. He started doing some GoldenEye recently which is PogChamp.

*For comparison, he just got a 28:09, and his WR is 25:46

Wallach

Time for the main event
EWmof.gif

mario kart wii...?

This feels like I'm just spectating online except far fewer items, lol. Not quite as dramatic as skips.

Also interesting that Mario Kart Advance used Japanese voices from MK64 rather than the English voices. I distinctly remember Toad's Japanese voice in that game.

I loved mario kart wii at the time, but I'm glad I never looked back after 8 came out. Going through the levels that were remade just makes it more obvious how much was improved.

They printed the RR skip in Nintendo Power back in the day
They printed the shell skip? That seemed like a bug.

I knew about the huge jump right off the bat. Used to use it any chance I could.

I always forget about the insane amount of bloom in Mario Kart Wii until i see it. Only makes 8 look that much more incredible.
Wii was really ugly. Every character looked way too shiny, and almost every character is basically ripped right from Double Dash (other than the new comers obviously)

Trickster

They really need to have 2 stages for these events so they can have one stage setting up while the other one is doing a speedrun

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They really need to have 2 stages for these events so they can't have one stage setting up while the other one is doing a speedrun

You'd think that would be a pretty high priority after the setup is often longer than the runs. They'd have to increase the number of runs exponentially, though.

Hot take: I feel that the Tetris block (and while we're at it, TAS block or the occasional Super Mario Maker) don't quite fit the theme of GDQ.

Isn't helping that setup is taking forever right now. Metroid tomorrow night is going to be so late, ugh.

Coonce

They really need to have 2 stages for these events so they can't have one stage setting up while the other one is doing a speedrun

this really is the best solution to the setup times.

I feel like we're about hear the entire OST to tetrisphere at this point

Toki767

The setup times wouldn't be so bad if they did like...more interviews or something.

Just having background music with the camera at a bored crowd only adds to the agony of waiting.

I'm surprised they didn't prepare for this because I feel like the Tetris setup has gone long every single time they run it. I mean, I know getting arcade hardware hooked up to modern capture devices is hard, but you would think they would have a plan for it by now.

was waiting for this to start but i've lost interest at this point. I imagine it won't be that much different than past GDQ's. I hope whatever problems they have they take note so it can be avoided in the future.

Altazor

Checked like, half an hour ago and they were setting up. And now they're still setting up? Man, they should've had a contingency plan, or maybe a separate stage or I dunno. Sounds a bit petty, complaining about a (charity) stream that I watch for free running behind schedule, but I'm just saying that they should've foreseen stuff like this and planned accordingly.

I'm surprised they didn't prepare for this because I feel like the Tetris setup has gone long every single time they run it. I mean, I know getting arcade hardware hooked up to modern capture devices is hard, but you would think they would have a plan for it by now.

I would think at the very least they'd have two stations by now. The actual live station and then the next set that you setup while the current runner is playing. Then you just move one table out of the way and the other one in. Wait times like this are just inexcusable.

I'm reaching my limit of staying up as well.

bigkrev

So are they just going to skip one of the TGM games?if it's going to take 45 minutes to set each one up, I can't see how they let them throw the schedule off by that much

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So are they just going to skip one of the TGM games?if it's going to take 45 minutes to set each one up, I can't see how they let them throw the schedule off by that much

I think (one of) the major issues is that it's apparently an 8-way race?

But yeah, they really should have some sort of gimmick or charity stream going on right now.

Top Bottom