• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

Lightningboalt

Neo Member
the annual caleb hart choke is up next ladies and gents

Goddamn, it actually happened. Poor guy, I feel bad laughing at this.

Good run on everyone's part though, Fatso especially did a damn good job running two games back to back and doing excellently in both. Excellent showing of what he's made of.

Altazor

Great run from Fatso there. Shame about Tokyo and Caleb at the end, though. A small misstep and it can cause you all sorts of trouble. Fine margins and all that.

It was a very good race, anyway. Always love the Megaman series speedruns, and this was no exception!

Velcro Fly

Damn Trog did everything so well other than the first Gator fight. I hope he didn't get distracted because of the happy birthday singing :(

CookTrain

I'm telling myself that Fatso was good and warmed up from his run going into the race (taking nothing away from that astonishing performance), so obviously Trogdor is gonna stomp now...

... right?

EDIT: Another crazy close race so far, incredible.

Nanashrew

Banned
Well I missed the entire Mega Man block...

There was a lite storm outside but there was one big bolt of lightning that hit a transformer so I was out for the last couple of hours D;

Everything works now. So how was the Mega Man block? Any highlights?

Well I missed the entire Mega Man block...

There was a lite storm outside but there was one big bolt of lightning that hit a transformer so I was out for the last couple of hours D;

Everything works now. So how was the Mega Man block? Any highlights?
Good as usual. Some clutch moves in the solo runs and the races had tight moments as they tend to do. Good luck/ bad luck/ RNG came into play a good deal in the 4 way race though.

Jacqli

I missed the beginning of the DOS run so I have no idea what is going on with so many teleports, but holy shit this is crazy.

Mugen08

Really getting some c/w-RPG urges from the past speedruns. Taken the remainder of the week off work so hope for more goodness.

They also steal ad revenue from the charity and will probably get flagged so its better to wait for the official channel to upload them

If they were worried about that happening then they really should be uploading them immediately themselves, there is always someone who will do it otherwise.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Watching some speed run here and there during GDQ makes me think that community must be just salivating over Mario Odyssey. Generally those big speed running games are platformers. Mario 64 is a big name in speed running so I expect Odyssey is going to be a big target for speed running

late
night
animu

Or it's a massive production and they're humans with finite resources that get to it when they can

Not saying it isn't but this happens every year so they either need to do it themselves so that they capture the ad revenue or accept the fact that others don't care and will upload them anyway.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Just rewatched that Oblivion speedrun. Hard to believe it took him only 37 minutes to beat the game when it took me shy of 100 HOURS. Mind is blown.

Top Bottom