• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

Joey Ravn

Banned
"$10,000 donation..."

:D

"... from Notch himself."

:(

No, seriously. A donation is a donation and it all helps. Good for Notch for putting his money to a good use, in a good cause.

On the other hand, fuck Notch on a personal level. Ugh.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Why would they? Take this money. It's not like the kid who gets treated for burn wounds with that money is going to know the guy who donated it is a jerk.

well he's fresh off a year of boycotting them and trashing them because ??? twitch bits exist and so ???? gdq is bad?????

I hope Stump is secretly watching GDQ so I can take from his summary/recommended post. I've been missing a lot of runs this time around.

I am. I made a summary of the first few days but I'm going to do another one tomorrow! Love GDQ! Rooting for team Birdo in the race right now, I'm a huge Darbian fan and also like POObear!

Keinning

well he's fresh off a year of boycotting them and trashing them because ??? twitch bits exist and so ???? gdq is bad?????

Notch is an idiot, but if he wants to donate money, let him. It's the minimum least he can do for being a bigoted (rich) asshole. The people receiving the money are not affected by his stupid twitter antics so lets not pretend the money isnt worth it because its coming from him - money is money and money helps charity. He's not getting credit as a good samaritan for this and this is already good enough.

alright then. i take my statement back. good, i guess.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What was the highest amount ever that "Games done quick" collected?

AGDQ is bigger than SGDQ, and this year's AGDQ raised $2.2 million, which was the record. Something like almost a million of that came during the final day. Undertale was a fantastic choice for a closer.

I am. I made a summary of the first few days but I'm going to do another one tomorrow! Love GDQ! Rooting for team Birdo in the race right now, I'm a huge Darbian fan and also like POObear!

What in the, I had to look this up. What strange reason to not donate to them....Notch is a odd man.

Also Poobear is awesome. Started watching him after his speech in AGDQ this year.

AGDQ is bigger than SGDQ, and this year's AGDQ raised $2.2 million, which was the record. Something like almost a million of that came during the final day. Undertale was a fantastic choice for a closer.

I think the hype of getting near 2 million also drove a lot of last minute donations as well

Nanashrew

Banned
I noticed how the crowd reacted after hearing Notch's name. It was an "...oh" and silence.

It was like whiplash. So hyped and cheering for 10k donation to just "...oh" and silence.

speiky

Holy shit! Really? Mil in the final day? Dayum!!
Thanks for the info boys.

It ain't GDQ's money- Doctors Without Borders probably doesn't give a damn if a man child throws a fit one year and gives them 10k the next. That's money's baby

jett

D-Member

It raised what it did because it had an absolutely stupid raffle grand prize, mostly donations from Namco, included a PS4 Pro I think.

jett

D-Member
I dislike pretty much everything about Super Mario All Stars. It looks bad and sounds bad.

r8bdXOD.png

yXSOXlc.png

67b.jpg

telasoman

Not really. He boycotted Twitch and GDQ for a year so he made no donation in that time.

Oh right. During the same timeframe he ended up donating 40k directly to doctors without borders instead of via sgq.

He has donated large sums of money to various things over the years though.

Zero chance it was from undertale. It was all from that massive Namco donation reward that was added the last day. From the minute it was announced, donations poured in.

Wallach

It's absolutely a shame that Sven choked so hard on Wort.

His Wart segment wasn't that bad, even though he lost time, He was already behind by the time he got there, partly because he lost time just trying to start SMB2, it hard locked the first time and the second he didn't start right away because the video was fucked up.

Top Bottom