• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

so being told to stop was part of the "joke" too then?

Haha, he wasn't told to stop. The joke was he thought the charity was Doctors Without Brothers and then someone in his headset tells him the actual name of the charity.

Went over a lot of people's heads I think.

Lelex

Neo Member
The way I read it, the whole brother story was just a setup for the joke/pun.

And the joke didn't land well with the audience and the announcers aaaat all.

(I laughed.)

Haha, he wasn't told to stop. The joke was he thought the charity was Doctors Without Brothers and then someone in his headset tells him the actual name of the charity.

Went over a lot of people's heads I think.

That makes a lot of sense. Definitely went right over my head.

CookTrain

After having just finished another run through of Dark Souls 3, I'm ready to enjoy a speedrun for a game that I'm very, very familiar with!

Tovarisc

Usually things like using the n-word on stream, or making fun of trans people, etc., I believe.

Consequences are pretty much the only way you can influence those sorts of people.

Makes sense even when I don't agree on their stance about that Dansgaming emote (drama, I know).

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im pretty sure Trihex isnt banned. He was in the SGDQ Mario Maker race last year and that same group submitted it again this year but they got rejected.

Do people apply to be runners or does GDQ send out invitations? I would love to see how the whole event is set up behind the scenes.

I'm wondering how they stop trolls from applying to these things.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Pretty sure it was aimed humorously at himself, as he had to use a manual save himself when he last ran DS3 at GDQ and got a corrupted save or something while trying a glitch.

Oh yeah, i didn't even realized that is Bubbles on the couch.

Tons of runners have been banned. Bonesaw, Trihex, Werster, many others.

Bonesaw has not been banned, they just wouldn't accept any runs for a year from him. I can't find anything on Trihex being banned, but I'm pretty sure werster is banned for something.

In general though, the GDQ staff isn't as ban happy as some people like to believe.

Top Bottom