• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

Megasoum

Banned
So the super special bonus setup block is just the staff setting up stuff in the background for 2 hours while she keep reading donations right?

CookTrain

$180,000 of $200,000 for Portal 2... only BOTW to go. Right down the line :D

So the super special bonus setup block is just the staff setting up stuff in the background for 2 hours while she keep reading donations right?

Setup Blocks are either for catching up when things get crazy delayed, or for making room for unannounced games that have a place in the event but aren't scheduled. Right now that's Breath of the Wild coming up next and probably Portal 2 Solo Co-op if another $20,000 in donations come in for it.

Megasoum

Banned
I know I'm repeating myself but it still fucking blows my mind that someone took that great looking Hyrul map (which also happens to be numbered and signed by the artist) and fucking folded it in like 8 plies....

WTF?

The sole purpose of an item like that is to put it on a wall, most likely framed....

You can't do that when there's a ton of lines going through it.

Lilo_D

Regarding to the botw sr, I remember one thread discussing open world traversal
Someone said the traversal in botw is boring, this sr will show how traversal in botw be like

CookTrain

Regarding to the botw sr, I remember one thread discussing open world traversal
Someone said the traversal in botw is boring, this sr will show how traversal in botw be like

Eh.. I'm not sure how much this run is going to refute that one. As fascinating as the traversal is in BotW in my opinion, this run isn't going to highlight that.

$180,000 of $200,000 for Portal 2... only BOTW to go. Right down the line :D

Setup Blocks are either for catching up when things get crazy delayed, or for making room for unannounced games that have a place in the event but aren't scheduled. Right now that's Breath of the Wild coming up next and probably Portal 2 Solo Co-op if another $20,000 in donations come in for it.

it's for portal 2. It says so on the bid page

Joeku

Yeah, right now is why twitch chat is garbage. Ugh.

Edit: And immediately into emote-only mode, of course. You suck, internet.

chronomac

They're incapable of civility when a trans person is on screen, so they made chat emote only.
Honest question: why do they even have the chat on for SGDQ and AGDQ? It always seems to be moving too fast to actually read - not that you would want to read it right now.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I've had twitch chat turned off for most of the time I've been watching these speedruns but of course it would have to be especially garbage during this run. Fuckin idiots.

Did they say why they were running the Wii U version? I would think the performance issues would be a deal breaker.
WiiU is way superior for speedrunning, it murders the Switch on load times when installed to a HDD saving over 30 seconds in any% alone. Performance doesnt matter because the game skips the frames - a first for Zelda

Megasoum

Banned
I havent' played BOTW in a couple of months... I stopped playing with, I think one dungeon left to do? Or maybe even just Gannon with a bunch of shrines...not sure...

Anyway...

Just seeing the yellow shrine in the distance during the stream just now triggered an instinctive reaction in my head...

I think I'll go update my Switch lol

RagnarokX

"This is the first Zelda game to have a crafting system and you can make elixers and stuff."

LuFDj3b.png

Whaaaaat?

Is French faster, too?
No German is the fastest language, but Homebrew needs to be used to use it on a NTSC console, which Orca refrained from doing for this marathon. French is 2nd fastest (and thus fastest on a normal NTSC console). Japanese is slowest if you are curious. Load times WiiU saves over 30 seconds in any% and 20 minutes in All Shrines for example over Switch

Top Bottom