• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

I'll always tease Pat about his optimization (especially when it's poor), because that's a thing nerds do: we tease each other about dumb nerdy stuff that doesn't matter at all. The nerdier something is, the more of it you're going to see; if we're talking D&D I'm going to give you all manner of ribbing about your decision to take levels in Bard, whereas if we're talking Overwatch maybe I give you a slight raspberry over your insistence on playing Genji whenever you're down in a match.

That said, don't mistake nerds being nerds for actual problems with the LPs. The Resident Evil 7 and Dark Souls LPs are doing great compared to the state the channel was in, viewership wise, before Liam left. The only content they're producing that isn't pulling down good numbers is Parasite Eve, and even that is basically doubling what Command Mission was consistently sitting at.

I'm not saying people can't have complaints, mind, just that seeing a bunch of nerd-rage in a Dark Souls video and mistakenly thinking there's this huge groundswell of discontent is some real bubbled perception. People love these LPs.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Sorry, Im like a fake mad right now. Pat could save a bushle of kittens and id still call him a shit. I get what you mean about the state of thr channel tho. I am really enjoying the increase in one/two/threee offs. Its definitely put new games in my radar, and i always love that.

Strimei

RE7 end thing:
I just realized, we never see what happens with Lucas, do we? After the party and stuff, he just ups and vanishes. I guess he'll be involved in Chris' DLC?

And speaking of, I definitely imagine they'll do the more story-important DLC.

Numb

Sorry, Im like a fake mad right now. Pat could save a bushle of kittens and id still call him a shit. I get what you mean about the state of thr channel tho. I am really enjoying the increase in one/two/threee offs. Its definitely put new games in my radar, and i always love that.

Pat is my fav but no one should be like him with anything he does.
He is a great example to watch and do the opposite of
Even real life stuff.ex Who encourages cheating and snitching as much as he does? lol he mad

RE7 end thing:
I just realized, we never see what happens with Lucas, do we? After the party and stuff, he just ups and vanishes. I guess he'll be involved in Chris' DLC?

And speaking of, I definitely imagine they'll do the more story-important DLC.

Yep, I imagine he'll be heavily relevant in the Chris DLC

And yeah I hope they do the DLC, there's some cool stuff in there

Strimei

Yep, I imagine he'll be heavily relevant in the Chris DLC

And yeah I hope they do the DLC, there's some cool stuff in there

Wasn't sure if I just forgot about it or something. Good to know.

Also thinking about the game overall because the guys are getting there, I have to agree with them about the Molded. I do think they were pretty cool as enemies initially, but they really should've gone for some more variety beyond "fibrous zombies". I mean yeah, there's the crawling one and the fat-spewer but they're just too samey.

I also think that they just throw way too many at you throughout the course of the game. Initially, I thought there were a set number of them, based on the count those the Bakers had kidnapped and had logged as "turned". Maybe give them a bit more uniqueness and have a set number, would have been better.

Fat4all

Banned
Reading the comments section is lame now when it's just a whole bunch of "Liam is gone" memes combined with the crying-face emoji.

Liam still in the intro. Looks like they'll just keep using the old footage.

Well they need some scapegoat for the lack of cookies going on

Wasn't sure if I just forgot about it or something. Good to know.

Also thinking about the game overall because the guys are getting there, I have to agree with them about the Molded. I do think they were pretty cool as enemies initially, but they really should've gone for some more variety beyond "fibrous zombies". I mean yeah, there's the crawling one and the fat-spewer but they're just too samey.

I also think that they just throw way too many at you throughout the course of the game. Initially, I thought there were a set number of them, based on the count those the Bakers had kidnapped and had logged as "turned". Maybe give them a bit more uniqueness and have a set number, would have been better.

Yeah the Moldeds' intro was awesome in the beginning (and exploring the basement/processing area has to be a top-10 moment in all of RE) but by the time late in the game you're just blasting them with your stockpile of ammo you're like...oh meh :/

Still, they're a good base for the series going back to a more zombie-esque adversary, and it DOES feel good when you pop their head with a single handgun shot

Why are you reading youtube comments??

lolz I read this as "why are you reading my youtube comments"

Order

I'm legit excited to see Woolie's reaction to
Sasuke vs Itachi

One of the hypest moments in the series

Edzi

lol, so another one branches off from the main channel only to produce the same exact type of content (only higher quality). They can deny it all they want, but boy oh boy is that telling.

That being said, Woolie's content looks great and I'm looking forward to more.

Disgraced

Yeah, that first episode of Naruto is fucking strong.

I don't like the doomsaying much, but I don't entirely reject the possibility. What I find really interesting is seeing how they're all doing their thing independently.

Numb

So Woolie is LPing Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 for his channel

Oh my god this opening

This channel was made purely for the gif material

He did the ninja run in full Akatsuki gear
Woolie has been lost to us for years but we never noticed
------

Woolie+green screen greatest combo
BZBRxsO.gif

th_dead.gif

Strimei

RE7 finale up.

If they don't do DLC (and even if they do since I can't imagine the DLC being overly long right now), I wonder what will replace it. Yakuza 0 I'm guessing.

edit: Why does the game continue to give you burner fuel? That thing is like borderline useless outside of Marguerite and her bugs.

Anung

Un Rama
RE7 finale up.

If they don't do DLC (and even if they do since I can't imagine the DLC being overly long right now), I wonder what will replace it. Yakuza 0 I'm guessing.

edit: Why does the game continue to give you burner fuel? That thing is like borderline useless outside of Marguerite and her bugs.

Drops are randomly generated.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I wonder what will replace it. Yakuza 0 I'm guessing.

I wonder if it'll be Yakuza 0. That game is really long and they already have two pretty long playthoughs going. DS1 will be going on for quite a bit longer and I stopped watching PE2 so I don't know how close to done they are with that. What I really wonder is if they'll do a Nier Automata playthrough now that Liam is gone? Who would do it? Probs Pat and Woolie, but I don't want Pat to butcher the Nier lore...
I really just don't want to have to sit on a Nier LP until I can buy the game the weekend after :<

Side little thought. Here is a conversation I imagine happened with Liam while he was still there.
Liam: What do you mean I can't play Nier?
Matt: Our double blinds bring in really good numbers, and it'll be fun for the fans to see your reactions most of all. No one really cares about Pat with this. They want to see the freakout they never saw at the SE press conference.
Liam: Yeah, but I want to play it all at once. I don't know if I can wait.
Pat: Come on Liam. It'll be fine. It'll be just like with MGS5.
Liam: You make a really good point. I quit.

And that's how that probably went.

Strimei

I wonder if it'll be Yakuza 0. That game is really long and they already have two pretty long playthoughs going. DS1 will be going on for quite a bit longer and I stopped watching PE2 so I don't know how close to done they are with that. What I really wonder is if they'll do a Nier Automata playthrough now that Liam is gone? Who would do it? Probs Pat and Woolie, but I don't want Pat to butcher the Nier lore...
I really just don't want to have to sit on a Nier LP until I can buy the game the weekend after :<

True, though I think its gonna be Y0 because Pat did a sudden 180 when it came to streaming it, right around when the machinima episode went up.

He was going to do it in a three-day weekend stream thing a little while back when it came out, then suddenly dropped it and kept replying to people on twitter with responses that were basically him winking. Stuff like "Wish you would stream Y0, Pat." "Well, maybe you'll get what you want soon..." and the like.

Definitely is long though, yes. A friend finished it just last night and clocked in at 60 hours, though he did a lot of side content admittedly.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Is the "Pat literally highlights an item then walks away" LP finally over?

It was either that or the "Pat prefers taking hits from three enemies than shooting his shotgun once" LP

Anung

Un Rama
And done. Some strong moments aside that was a thoroughly mediocre LP. I'm still interested to see them do the Bedroom and Daughters DLC as they are gonna struggle through them so hard.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
"This is a lot like the Birkin fight!" Pat physically hurts me.

It's most like Carla fight, but they wouldn't know since they have a hate boner for RE6. Which is dumb, since RE6 is exactly the kind of dumb stylish action they love so much.

"This is a lot like the Birkin fight!" Pat physically hurts me.

It's most like Carla fight, but they wouldn't know since they have a hate boner for RE6. Which is dumb, since RE6 is exactly the kind of dumb stylish action they love so much.

RE6 is dumb stylish action, but it's also bad so meh

Man, I almost want to hate-rebuy RE6 on Steam and hate-replay it in glorious hate-80p and 60 hates per second

And I hate-punch myself in the face when that urge rises

Fat4all

Banned
everytime i see RE6 in the shop for 20 buckos i think about buying it just to have 4 5 and 6 physically

but then i remember it's RE6

Top Bottom