• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Village

Wrong game

We've had this argument and you're stubborn and wrong and it will go nowhere and I'm not gonna.

What... argument, there isn't an argument.

Look up the definition of objective. It is by its very definition, not subjective. There I looked it up for you . There is a whole jimquisition episode dedicated to the notion.

Its like saying I think cat can mean dog. No... not it cant. You can't say that. Because language and words meaning things.

A Smash Bros for Wii U tier list from r/smashbros

Tl7i7Iy.jpg

mike0dude

You guys should play custom robo, so we can revive the Custom Robo scene like giantbomb revived WindJammers
Woolie took too long

I'm watching the 2nd P3 movie and damn, that scene
where Shinjiro dies is way more brutal then it was in the game.
That scene was brutal. They also really made the
Strength and Fortune
fights way more hype than it should have been. I was wondering if they would incorporate the
bullshit spinning wheel
, but I was still satisfied.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Which is also your opinion funny enough. Also if that statement was for me, I already defended my observations on yosuke.

The message was for you, but I wasn't calling your opinion a good or bad one. I was simply stating that the implication that an "opinion is always valid" is a silly one. You can get as meta as you want about objectivity and opinions, but that doesn't change the fact that opinions are free to be judged just as they have the right to exist.

No fucking way in hell is Olimar B. I also think G&W should be in B and Marth in B+. Other than that, I only have minor disagreements.
I've been saying since the beginning that Sheik is amazing and Pikachu is good. People called me nuts.

Pikachu usually has been pretty good.

The top tier is 100% right

croten

Look up the definition of objective. It is by its very definition, not subjective. There I looked it up for you .

Its like saying I think cat can mean dog. No... not it cant. You can't say that. Because language and words meaning things.
He's not talking about that. He's talking about how most arguments you are involved in boil down to you saying that other people are wrong because it's just their opinion.

Look up the definition of objective. It is by its very definition, not subjective. There I looked it up for you .

Okay. I'll clarify a little teensy bit but then I'm serious, I'm not gonna do this. You're right. Opinions aren't objective and they can't be. But you know what opinions can totally be? Stupid. An opinion can be stupid and poorly founded. 9/11 truthers and anti-vaxxers have opinions that are stupid and should be changed if possible and disregarded if not. You can't defend a dumb argument by sayng it's an opinion, and that's what YOU do.
He's not talking about that. He's talking about how most arguments you are involved in boil down to you saying that other people are wrong because it's just their opinion.
He gets it.

Sup friender's? I'm eargerly awaiting tonight's persona news and also my Jojo figure of Narancia from Part 5 showed up at my parents so I'll get to mess with that on friday.
Also my professor talked about the car chases he was involved in during his career.

That scene was brutal. They also really made the
Strength and Fortune
fights way more hype than it should have been. I was wondering if they would incorporate the
bullshit spinning wheel
, but I was still satisfied.

Yeah, that fight was way cooler than it was in the game. Also, what was so bullshit about the
spinning wheel
?

Village

The message was for you, but I wasn't calling your opinion a good or bad one. I was simply stating that the implication that an opinion is always valid is a silly one.

I never said that was the case. I will say though in this instance someone hating yosuke is just as valid as someone liking him. The genesis of this whole thing is me stating why i can see people liking yosuke.

To suggest that you ( not actually you guardian obviously ) not liking him and that making him bad is some objective statement, which is another term for fact. A definitive true thing, is pretentious at best and self absorbed at worst.

Oberon

Banned
You know what botheres me a lot in the Persona 4 story.
The fact that Teddy makes the glasses. Are we really supose to believe that a bear without fingers makes perfectly just like that? I wish the shadows would wear them or somthing, and then when you beat them, you are seeing everything clear, because symbolisme and stuff
Just read the Dark Id's LP for the game. It's about as effective as playing it.

Sorry, but that's Prison School.

Today, the school psychologist asked me why I alway have a copy of the first volume of prison school with me, I had a hard time explaining it

I know I've said this a few times already, but what is going on right now?
This alien can turn into shoes and is allergic to, I'm assuming, loud noises? What was araki smoking when he wrote this?

I strongly doubt it. We don't even know when the fuck Punch Out is going to be released here. None of the other mentioned games have had a release date announced as far as I know and Xenoblade is going to be released on the N3DS. No way are they going to bring out Xenoblade on the Wii U any time soon.

I'm not that bothered about Punch Out here tbh. At least for the UK that is. I can easily pick it up on a disc for £5. I'm more sour about Kirby Adventure Wii, a game I never knew existed until this announcement.

I'm just waiting for the entire Wii mode to get trashed and that everything can be used through not having to enter it. I want too much from Nintendo
;-;

The fact that Teddy makes the glasses. Are we really supose to believe that a bear without fingers makes perfectly just like that? I wish the shadows would wear them or somthing, and then when you beat them, you are seeing everything clear, because symbolisme and stuff

Today, the school psychologist asked me why I alway have a copy of the first volume of prison school with me, I had a hard time explaining it
Pretty sure teddy makes the glasses with magic

Just say "it's a weird Japanese thing that's really funny"
Or stand on a desk and start yelling about shameless, either one

A Smash Bros for Wii U tier list from r/smashbros

Most of the character I play are either at the middle or the lower parts of the tier list.

No fucking way in hell is Olimar B. I also think G&W should be in B and Marth in B+. Other than that, I only have minor disagreements.
I've been saying since the beginning that Sheik is amazing and Pikachu is good. People called me nuts.

I say Olimar's tier is an improvement from when he was at low/bottom tier at the beginning. Guess Apex opened a few eyes

Village

Okay. I'll clarify a little teensy bit but then I'm serious, I'm not gonna do this. You're right. Opinions aren't objective and they can't be. But you know what opinions can totally be? Stupid. An opinion can be stupid and poorly founded. 9/11 truthers and anti-vaxxers have opinions that are stupid and should be changed if possible and disregarded if not. You can't defend a dumb argument by sayng it's an opinion, and that's what YOU do.

You all up in the kool aid breh , and have no idea its actually cyanide. There was no real orginal argument I just presented a case for why people might like , actually he person who defaulted to the " well I was just saying this is my opinion thing " was the other person. I only argued the definition of objective, the other person saying and I quote

Then what decides whether something is good or bad to you? Because he's badly written, has no development, and is just unlikable. I don't know what else is needed to make him objectively bad.

Which was the person trying to present their subjective opinions as objective. I don't give a shit if people think yosuke is bad. He's not naoto , what i was arguing whether that was objective. Which it isn't by definition of the word.

But please, please tell me more about the situation you weren't paying attention to

The argument, we were having wasn't about whether you were right or wrong. I never said you were right or wrong.

I never actually argued you . I just presented a case for why people might like yosuke. The only argument that happened was when you decided that your opinion could be objective. Which is just a language argument. And which is again, not really an argument because words mean things

Also, do you see the school psychologist regularly? Cause if so, good on you. They do good work.

Top Bottom