• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Watching Arcana Heart, this gif perfectly shows my reaction every time they enjoy something.
M6RAg6j.gif

All according to keikaku.

the fuck you will, get on right now, and please, keep the johns to a minimum

ITS ALMOST 2, WHY DIDN'T YOU GET ON EARLIER. I'm coming over tomorrow anyway for hoagie, so I can smack you all you want in every single fighting game we own.

I'm not playing Dengeki Bunko tho

Might as well ask for some advice on improving my Junpei. Right now I'm trying to rely less on my Persona and focus more on getting runs. I'm also trying to teach myself some golden bomber combos. If there's anything else let me know.

Yes, stop using your persona. that will make you a much better player
#LockedDownAndSalty

I don't know, I'm not good at going in and you shut me down completely I got nothing

ultimax

ITS ALMOST 2, WHY DIDN'T YOU GET ON EARLIER. I'm coming over tomorrow anyway for hoagie, so I can smack you all you want in every single fighting game we own.

I'm not playing Dengeki Bunko tho

379ch.gif

Besides, you must be an idiot if you think you're stepping inside my house without playing dengeki bunko

Shackzam

Also with the guilty gear talk. I'm not enjoying myself with it to much. The game feels like it's in this pace that I can't quite describe, but it's definitely slower. Even if I win I never felt like I really won because some of the mechanics feel really weird and not polished like doing wake up throws makes no sense to me because it just stops whatever move I was doing and some other small things that don't seem to make sense that irk me.

Ilvocare

After every one of these Ultimax sessions I decide to do a tiny piece of single player non-story content in order to make me remember what is actually worth cancelling into. And also to understand how to play the video game smoother, but details.
One day I'll actually learn to use OMCs. My fucking L2 button is untouched...

Probably gonna either keep going through Mirror's Edge or pop in Arena and begin filling out all the other missing routes. Depends how I feel...

Yes, stop using your persona. that will make you a much better player
#LockedDownAndSalty

I don't know, I'm not good at going in and you shut me down completely I got nothing

Lol, Junpei's persona isn't that hard to deal with.
Also with the guilty gear talk. I'm not enjoying myself with it to much. The game feels like it's in this pace that I can't quite describe, but it's definitely slower. Even if I win I never felt like I really won because some of the mechanics feel really weird and not polished like doing wake up throws makes no sense to me because it just stops whatever move I was doing and some other small things that don't seem to make sense that irk me.

I completely forgot about the 0 frame grabs. What a weird mechanic.

you learned how to effectively anti air me after playing one match against me, which is really good and you have some combos. I don't know much about how you play aigis but I'll just give the general advice of learn the pokes, learn how to footsie, and git gud

Perfect.

My issues with it are that it feels weird. The game feels abnormally slow for an Arcsys game. At least compared to the games I've played. Also, the way the health bar works is weird. It goes down really quick at first and near the end it hardly moves. Lastly, I'm not a fan of 1 button throws.

You got some decent combos, but aigis can do so much more. Also, aigis has some pretty good pressure which you should be utilising.

Good at executing combos, not so good at reading opponents and handling pressure. That's how I came back and won against you in that one match with Yukari. You're approach in most cases is pretty predictable as well, but for someone newer than all of us at Ultimax you've gotten damn good.
i still need to learn general fight game mechanics like pressure and pokes.
I know aigis combos but I just dont know how to start them off cause I can hardly ever get close.

You da man!
with aki

It's weird, I'm looking at them play this and it looks like Kira's ass has less detail than my PS2 one, even though I'm fairly certain it's the same sprite. I wonder if they added some kinda filter to make the little girl asses less shiny and pronounced.

It's weird, I'm looking at them play this and it looks like Kira's ass has less detail than my PS2 one, even though I'm fairly certain it's the same sprite. I wonder if they added some kinda filter to make the little girl asses less shiny and pronounced.

PS2's superior transparency processing makes girl asses look better

Ilvocare

image.php

Pictured: The face of a man riding on a midnight train.

Shackzam

i still need to learn general fight game mechanics like pressure and pokes.
I know aigis combos but I just dont know how to start them off cause I can hardly ever get close.

You da man!
with aki
I'm doing aigis's challenges just to see how I can help you out with her and I've always been interested in how aigis worked.

Ilvocare

Something tells me if I went to that thread and put Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Last Story, and FFXII, I'd just cease to exist.

Top Bottom