• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Fun fact I hate Yukiko in Ultimax and like Rise, I dunno her sprites make her really cute...

They're pretty great.

UX6ANne.jpg

Man the comments on that new Fisticuffs, woof. Did you guys know if you think lolis are creepy, you're actually the creepy one?

My issues with it are that it feels weird. The game feels abnormally slow for an Arcsys game. At least compared to the games I've played. Also, the way the health bar works is weird. It goes down really quick at first and near the end it hardly moves. Lastly, I'm not a fan of 1 button throws.

I'll admit Xrd feels plenty rough around the edges... but honestly once I got over the rough edges I started having some serious fun with it. Like, I agree that mashing sucks, and one button throws aren't great, but it's just not hurting the experience as much for me.
Personally... it's like my second favorite fighter right now, of the ones I've put real time into. Over Skullgirls, under Persona.

I feel like I have gotten this response here. Just not in those words

The words I gave were that Moe isn't pedophile shit. I'm not defending loli shit because yeah that's pedophile-ass shit, no defending that, own up to the creepy shit you're into you creepy fuck. K-ON isn't pedophile shit. I'm not popping boners watching it, I'm there literally for the adorable fun and the adorable fun only.

ultimax

Nah its shitty.

I don't want to be watching that shit and end up on an FBI watchlist like the Zaibatsu said.

Moe and weird creepy bullshit is not for me
nah you'll love it tho.

In all seriousness, i dont really care if you watch it or not, but K-ON isnt a creep show

That's the opposite of what I want to do! I want to make his tastes worse so he'll give no shits about what anime he watches! Like what I do!

GracefulLinedHammerheadshark.gif

S-So brave!

Got around to playing some Capcom vs SNK 2. God damn this game is really fun. Wish I actually played this back in the day.

ULTIMAX. NOW.

ultimax

Me too! she's the only one I ever played that I liked. Because she can combo at full screen, and her gameplan is to self buff until she's basically an unstoppable fire monster... it's awesome!

This man knows ^

i dont like keep away characters either, but playing as Yukiko is pretty fun

Me too! she's the only one I ever played that I liked. Because she can combo at full screen, and her gameplan is to self buff until she's basically an unstoppable fire monster... it's awesome!
Eh I really dont like that kind of play style.
Let me remind you guys my favorite character in Ultimax is Aigis. Im fucking weirs.

While I don't agree with the sentiment in the comments complaining about the cops stuff in the sense that it's not creepy, I do agree with them in that they're just telling the same joke for everything that's even remotely related to an even slightly young looking anime girl. It just feels lazy to me and gets repetitive quickly.

While I don't agree with the sentiment in the comments complaining about the cops stuff in the sense that it's not creepy, I do agree with them in that they're just telling the same joke for everything that's even remotely related to an even slightly young looking anime girl. It just feels lazy to me and gets repetitive quickly.
I think it's a very defensive mindset, where they feel awkward about what's on screen so they attempt to keep things jovial and not awkward by poking fun at it, but they end up not knowing where to go with it.
Huh. I thought the transparency was enough. No one uses P2 avatars anymore anyways. P5 is the new hotness.
Buddha from PersonaGAF has used that avatar. You threw me off pretty bad for a sec. Same art and similar crop.

Since we're talking about Yukiko, I'll say that I think she's a really fun character to play and she was who I originally wanted to main. Didn't really work out due to no skill and controller.

Buddha from PersonaGAF has used that avatar. You threw me off pretty bad for a sec. Same art and similar crop.

Yeah, that's who I mistook him for. Although, Buddha doesn't use that avatar anymore.

I think it's a very defensive mindset, where they feel awkward about what's on screen so they attempt to keep things jovial and not awkward by poking fun at it, but they end up not knowing where to go with it.

I just think there are more ways than "The cops are coming!" to shit on loli stuff.

"I purposely avoided playing Arcana Heart because I am scared I might actually enjoy it as a fighting game" - Pat

My biggest fear about Dengeki Bunko.

I just think there are more ways than "The cops are coming!" to shit on loli stuff.
Yeah, that could just be them relying on the same joke to an extreme degree in a really short period of time. It's like if they called Ellie garbage for 30 minutes
"I purposely avoided playing Arcana Heart because I am scared I might actually enjoy it as a fighting game" - Pat

My biggest fear about Dengeki Bunko.
No but do it. Also go for dat Sword Art Top Tier.

I was originally going to waifu Yukiko in my first playthrough of Persona 4.

I didn't really like her but I thought it would make me the big OG at Yasogami if I showed up hand in hand with the girl they could never get.

But then I realized that Rise is best girl.

ultimax

Sleep sounds way better.
Ladies and gentleman, this is what we call "The backdown"
I was actually thinking the same thing earlier
Since we're talking about Yukiko, I'll say that I think she's a really fun character to play and she was who I originally wanted to main. Didn't really work out due to no skill and controller.

Shit, i remember wanting to main her back in P4A too. And it was totally not because she had a Homura color palette or anything.....

Top Bottom