• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

sjay1994

Yeah, that could just be them relying on the same joke to an extreme degree in a really short period of time. It's like if they called Ellie garbage for 30 minutes
No but do it. Also go for dat Sword Art Top Tier.

Yeah, the whole Ellie= Garbage thing kinda wore down on me.

Ellie is the best western loli.
That thread was so fucking stupid, but the replies were amazing

Yeah, the whole Ellie= Garbage thing kinda wore down on me.

Ellie is the best western loli.
That thread was so fucking stupid, but the replies were amazing
I didn't mind it at all, it became a term of endearment more than a joke before long and it was cool to see their opinions shift. That said, it was said A LOT, so it was just the first example that came to me.

Zenfalcia

Late replies, but editing art is hard and time consuming.

you will lore them into a false sense of security and when their back is turned you will reveal your true self and take what you will.

Who the hell do you think I am?

An angry Canadian
I don't think "suck it up" is a proper response to "my leg is falling apart."

What are you talking about, it totally is.
Man the comments on that new Fisticuffs, woof. Did you guys know if you think lolis are creepy, you're actually the creepy one?

What a mysterious jogo...

"I purposely avoided playing Arcana Heart because I am scared I might actually enjoy it as a fighting game" - Pat

My biggest fear about Dengeki Bunko.

After a bit of Arcana... I thinking Dengeki might not be so bad.
Hopefully that's a passing feeling lol.
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND MAN. PINK ISIS IS HERE!!!!!

She could've used more work.....

Eh, I don't know if she's a bad fighter... but she's a more typical keepaway and that's not up my alley, despite how much I wanted to like her.
Then again... I think Naoto is way better, and she's a keepaway too..

Neither has any Last Blade or SamSho character (not taking into account Maximum Impact 2). KOF games don't really encompass those series as far as the whole SNK crossover thing goes.

Sad because based on the Last Blade FNF, it has some of the coolest character designs and animations I've seen from a fighting game. Who knows, maybe SNK might bring a Last Blade character back for KoF XIV, if SNK doesn't die before then.

Shit, i remember wanting to main her back in P4A too. And it was totally not because she had a Homura color palette or anything.....
Homura pallete you say? I found Yukiko interesting, but now she has my attention
Late replies, but editing art is hard and time consuming.
An angry Canadian
maxresdefault.jpg

Eh I wasn't feelin the characters then.

I was playing with the high schooler mindset

Playing the game as an adult I realize thats shitty
Something funny I realized the other day is my blind P4 playthrough was a lot like how I was in highschool. Didn't join any clubs, just hung out with the core party members/friends, and mostly listened and helped other people.

I actually got weirdly emotional by the end of that game for dumb reasons, still being in Highschool at the time.
the amagi challenge, classics lets go
DVD
DVD
CLASSIC

After a bit of Arcana... I thinking Dengeki might not be so bad.
Hopefully that's a passing feeling lol.

Eh, I don't know if she's a bad fighter... but she's a more typical keepaway and that's not up my alley, despite how much I wanted to like her.
Then again... I think Naoto is way better, and she's a keepaway too..

Yukari has more options for keep away and is a lot more agile, especially in the air. Her strongest moves are all aerial moves.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Sad because based on the Last Blade FNF, it has some of the coolest character designs and animations I've seen from a fighting game. Who knows, maybe SNK, might bring a Last Blade character back for KoF XIV, if SNK doesn't die before then.

KOF games have stories, though. It'd be a bit of a struggle to explain how a character from the 1800's suddenly ended up in modern day. The SNK sword fighting games are pretty separated from the KOF continuity (hell, I don't even think Last Blade and SamSho share the same continuity, even though they should).

Something funny I realized the other day is my blind P4 playthrough was a lot like how I was in highschool. Didn't join any clubs, just hung out with the core party members/friends, and mostly listened and helped other people.

I actually got weirdly emotional by the end of that game for dumb reasons, still being in Highschool at the time.

I was a nihilistic little shit back in highschool. Anger from my parents divorce and my friends turning their backs on me.

Jman014

Hey missus bull, you have to promise me that you'll change your avatar to the shark again.
Plz enjoy Tales from the Borderlands gif
6t2FuWd.gif

You're Sasha in this case so it's automatically a yes!

KOF games have stories, though. It'd be a bit of a struggle to explain how a character from the 1800's suddenly ended up in modern day. The SNK sword fighting games are pretty separated from the KOF continuity (hell, I don't even think Last Blade and SamSho share the same continuity, even though they should).

Oh right. Totally forgot about the KoF story. Its sad, but I guess it makes sense unless they decide to do some DLC thing or just retcon the whole thing.

sjay1994

No they're the best. Git used to them and then realize how wrong you were.

I played REmake with the alt controls for my first time. I am playing Grim Fandango with tank controls and holy shit. I am struggling. I have no idea how I am supposed to use them when combat is actually involved.

I played REmake with the alt controls for my first time. I am playing Grim Fandango with tank controls and holy shit. I am struggling. I have no idea how I am supposed to use them when combat is actually involved.

Tactically. You have to think about each movement, it's similar to the theory behind old castlevania, everything requires commitment and if you fuck up it's because you just fucked up.

sjay1994

Hey missus bull, you have to promise me that you'll change your avatar to the shark again.
Plz enjoy Tales from the Borderlands gif
6t2FuWd.gif

You're Sasha in this case so it's automatically a yes!

Let the man represent himself as a sentient sponge.

Ilvocare

Why does the gummi ship exist?

Because it's the best part of that game.

Schmups are the greatest genre.

All completely right.

I have this issue where, while I fucking adored the improvements made to controlling and building the Gummi Ship in KH2, as buttfuck clunky as the KH1 Garage is, it technically had WAY more freedom to do whatever dumb bullshit you wanted for the ship. Hell, those side missions in 1.5 allow you to take advantage of that fact, which came as a surprising little side gift for me to try.

Point toward enemy
Shoot
Repeat, backing away when necessary

sjay1994

Tactically. You have to think about each movement, it's similar to the theory behind old castlevania, everything requires commitment and if you fuck up it's because you just fucked up.

Well, since the dpad was auto set to tank controls, I usually just held back and I could avoid most zombie lunges.

I think RE probably handles them better than GF.

The problem I have it just turning left and right.

The thing about yukari is that shes also pretty good at close range too, so i guess it kinda works out? i enjoy playing as her too

Yukari has more options for keep away and is a lot more agile, especially in the air. Her strongest moves are all aerial moves.

It's no use, she's just not for me.
But I do respect she has her options. I don't think she's a bad fighter, just completely not for me. Probably the same way Yukiko isn't for Zed.

Well, since the dpad was auto set to tank controls, I usually just held back and I could avoid most zombie lunges.

I think RE probably handles them better than GF.

The problem I have it just turning left and right.

There's a quick turn around and you can turn normally while running. It just takes getting used to, but when you do they feel completely natural.

You should have bought Caladrius Blaze!

There's no "c" in shmups, dangit!
I know! I should have stopped by an ATM to deposit the money I needed. Maybe they will sell it cheaper (than the current price) at my local con. I need to look around.

Its really late at night. Don't be so surprised!

sjay1994

There's a quick turn around and you can turn normally while running. It just takes getting used to, but when you do they feel completely natural.

After I finish Grim, I will go back to RE.

If you mean moving out of combat, it's mostly practice, but also think of it as handling a car. Do a little left or right while holding forward.

Pretty much. I am losing my mind playing grim fandango trying to move in tight spaces.

I default used the dpad when in combat in RE. Except for plant 42, the prototype crimson head and tyrant

ultimax

It's no use, she's just not for me.
But I do respect she has her options. I don't think she's a bad fighter, just completely not for me. Probably the same way Yukiko isn't for Zed.

thats fine, im not trying to push yukari for summerslam or anything lol. i just wanted to bring up that she can be played almost like a rush down too

Top Bottom