• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Hey Guys.

What do you normally do when you feel like to start to hate something you used to enjoy but can't take a break from it?

Git Gud.

Seriously, stop fapping every day.

Very seriously, try to take your mind off of the task(if it doesnt require foucs) and think about happy things.

Git Gud.

Seriously, stop fapping every day.

Very seriously, try to take your mind off of the task(if it doesnt require foucs) and think about happy things.

It's coding man.

I loved working with html, but XML fucking blows. Idk why I have such a hard time with it either.

Archgan

Someone asked IndonesianBob to draw how Pat met is girlfriend and this popped out.
tumblr_inline_nj8349efKV1rxz5up.png

Alfebit

Banned
Ouch, that's some bad luck

Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey.

I hate that part of SMT, it never feels fair.
All that motivation, gone.
I'm frustrated and rethinking my career choices because I just spent 5 hours forcing myself to do something that normally takes me about 45 minutes.
That sounds rough. Remember to take breaks.
Which game is this?
Persona 3.

All that motivation, gone.

That sounds rough. Remember to take breaks.

Persona 3.

Yeah, sorry to hear about your dungeon time wasted as well, that's the most frustrating thing in gaming is losing long amounts of progress.

I'm talking to my teacher and considering taking a break for the rest of the day, I might do the other half of the assignment tonight...idk.

Yeah, sorry to hear about your dungeon time wasted as well, that's the most frustrating thing in gaming is losing long amounts of progress.

I'm talking to my teacher and considering taking a break for the rest of the day, I might do the other half of the assignment tonight...idk.

Yeah man. Take breaks, especially when you're coding.

Since one mistype could mean hours of debugging if you don't catch it early enough because you were burned out.

I'm so upset right now. Almost an hour of dungeon crawling to be killed by a mudo skill.
Its a really odd design choice that they would have instakill moves in a game that gameovers you after the protagonist dies. There are items that stop it, but it sucks that they aren't as accessible in the early game.

Remember to save often.

Yeah man. Take breaks, especially when you're coding.

Since one mistype could mean hours of debugging if you don't catch it early enough because you were burned out.

It's not due until tomorrow at 4, so I might just spend the day in Street Fighter. and finish it tomorrow morning with my networking assignments.

It's irritating just because I never had this issue with html or java.

He's playing Persona 3.

Haha, that post seemed familiar. Happened to me once or twice as well, I quit playing the days that that happened, not fun dungeoning when you're just redoing everything you've already done.

Pretty unreasonable for the game to ask you to have a null Light/Dark Persona at all times, though there's also items that block those spells, I think I had like 20 of those stocked up by the end game so those spells were barely a threat.

Honestly I think they should rework Light/Dark spells, they seem to only exist to annoy the player, barely if ever does anyone actually use them offensively as they're way too unsafe.

Rotate those saves and save every couple of floors.

Also, always carry a ton of healing items from the pharmacy.

Healing items is going to help with Mudo or Hama since they are instant death skills. The only item that can help is a homunculus which you can't buy.
Haha, that post seemed familiar. Happened to me once or twice as well, I quit playing the days that that happened, not fun dungeoning when you're just redoing everything you've already done.
Pretty unreasonable for the game to ask you to have a null Light/Dark Persona at all times, though there's also items that block those spells, I think I had like 20 of those stocked up by the end game so those spells were barely a threat.
Honestly I think they should rework Light/Dark spells, they seem to only exist to annoy the player, barely if ever does anyone actually use them offensively as they're way too unsafe.

I don't think they need to rework the Light/Dark Spells. They're only an issue in the games that have you game over when your MC dies. They're also very good spells to use if you know that the enemy is weak light or dark.

You ever think about it and realize that in terms of skill at video games, we're probably in the top 5% of the world's population? Like, 95% of people are worse at video games than you.

You ever think about it and realize that in terms of skill at video games, we're probably in the top 5% of the world's population? Like, 95% of people are worse at video games than you.

Video games aren't hard. Real life is hard.

We're maybeeeeeee in the top 5% of video game players.

But in the bottom 5% of real life..

At least I am anyway.

I don't think they need to rework the Light/Dark Spells. They're only an issue in the games that have you game over when your MC dies. They're also very good spells to use if you know that the enemy is weak light or dark.
That's fair, I'm just remembering P3 in which being weak to light/dark didn't even guarantee a kill.

I've played video games with a lot of people, I realized lol. Things that might be really simple and straightforward for people on this board are not for a lot of people.

ummm I think you're vastly overestimating yourself there
Think about all the people who've never played video games. Think about all the people who don't play video games. Think about all the people who play video games, but it's their phones. Think about all the people who played video games when they were kids, but don't anymore. Think about all the people who play video games, but it's all madden and cod, or they only have a wii. I'd say top 5% is pretty safe.

I'm fucking garbage compared to the MLG and competition gamers man. I do alright in smash, but I could never do what SF or Counterstrike players did at young ages.

PLus, remember what papa Pat said about losing your twitch skills at 24.

demidar

I'm fucking garbage compared to the MLG and competition gamers man. I do alright in smash, but I could never do what SF or Counterstrike players did at young ages.

Competitive gamers are in the top 0.01%. It's a believable metric.

Well, those guys hardly make up a notable percentage of the people in the world.

Completely unrelated, but Xenogears is doing the anime blame train thing while the protagonist angsts, and I'm not sure I'm on board with that. Oh, and now we're gonna just kill
god.
Sure. Liking the look of Grahf, though. Really cool design. And I just unlocked a combo, so that's fuckin' sick.

croten

Think about all the people who've never played video games. Think about all the people who don't play video games. Think about all the people who play video games, but it's their phones. Think about all the people who played video games when they were kids, but don't anymore. Think about all the people who play video games, but it's all madden and cod, or they only have a wii. I'd say top 5% is pretty safe.

Cod and madden and fifa are all games, do you think you are better than them? How good are you at mobas? Fighting games? Rhythm games? Shooters? Are you seriously saying that there is only 5% of people in the world that are better than you at every game? What even counts as skill? is it in general? Because there are genres I just cant compare to the average Joe in. Tons of people play games, most people who play CoD are far better than me, most people who play any sports game are faaaar better than me just because I don't play them. Sure I'm better at Character action games than most average people and I'm pretty decent at shooters but I would say I'm in the top 20% not the top 5%

Cod and madden and fifa are all games, do you think you are better than them? How good are you at mobas? Fighting games? Rhythm games? Shooters? Are you seriously saying that there is only 5% of people in the world that are better than you at every game? What even counts as skill? is it in general? Because there are genres I just cant compare to the average Joe in. Tons of people play games, most people who play CoD are far better than me, most people who play any sports game are faaaar better than me just because I don't play them. Sure I'm better at Character action games than most average people and I'm pretty decent at shooters but I would say I'm in the top 20% not the top 5%

It still boggles my mind that there is a 6 Mil cash pot for a single MOBA game.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Why the fuck can't I go past the second floor. They say the president told them not to let me up. Damnit, P2. They have the fucking worst dialogue triggers.

I'm pretty sure waaaaaaay less people play video games than you think play video games. And my metric is average skill over all genres, taking into account the ingrained ability that people who've played video games their whole lives have to pick up and learn a game.
Note that this only puts you in the top 350 million worldwide, which is about the population of the entire United States.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I'm pretty sure waaaaaaay less people play video games than you think play video games. And my metric is average skill over all genres, taking into account the ingrained ability that people who've played video games their whole lives have to pick up and learn a game.
My friends think I've played a game I've never played before because I just figure out how it works. Ie Mario 3D. I'm pretty good at platformers that way.

Also, I got here late. What's the argument?

Top Bottom