• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

A-a selfie?
Ok then
my hair looks terrible tho, because I am suppose to wash it later

I call it, "the Kiyoshi"
cover.jpg

That's really cool, I think I'll use it

Andy samberg!

Nordicus

Welp, Koivula totally froze up after a beautiful 1st and 2nd round and spent last 10 rounds getting beat up and clinching. Completely one-sided fight from 3rd round to 12th round and Matano's the champ. It's your win Romars
kyZi9Oc.jpg

Would have made this your avatar had Koivula won.
Wv40hDf.png

They made her surprisingly moe in that intro.

You did not miss much. the anime ended with its diapers overflowing
and i am forcing myself to read the manga because they are literally facing the last boss.

She still looks the same to me, and are you sure they won't pull another final 'final' villian from their pockets? I wouldn't be surprised if they did

Okingjrr

They made her surprisingly moe in that intro.

You did not miss much. the anime ended with its diapers overflowing
and i am forcing myself to read the manga because they are literally facing the last boss.

I didn't see the ending of the anime, I read up until the Aizen arc was over and the first chapters of one after that. Said fuck it cause this is going to last forever.

Numb

I remember reaching chapter 90 of Akumetsu and stopping. 90 is cursed for me. same thing in Holy land and Feng shen ji and Noblesse and prison school etc etc etc. really weird

She still looks the same to me, and are you sure they won't pull another final 'final' villian from their pockets? I wouldn't be surprised if they did

I really hope that is not the case and i doubt it. Basically there is no one else to defeat and they are at the base of creation or something right now

I remember reaching chapter 90 of Akumetsu and stopping. 90 is cursed for me. same thing in Holy land and Feng shen ji and Noblesse and prison school etc etc etc. really weird
I really hope that is not the case and i doubt it. Basically there is no one else to defeat and they are at the base of creation or something right now
Soul King true villian

Oberon

Banned
Andy samberg!

Andy-Samberg-Hot-Rod.jpg

That's Giorno from Part 5 of Jojo's pose, Kiyoshi stole it.

That's not giogios pose, but this is:

Yo, dude, you're super handsome.

tumblr_ni8yoi6qLO1u55xnmo3_500.gif

Yo you look like Nathan from Misfits

Speaking of which, how's that show anyway? Worth a watch?

Berserk is never going to end, I'll stick with that

I am happy if I live long enough to see guts actually reach his destination.
How many years is he on that ship now?

Numb

I didn't see the ending of the anime, I read up until the Aizen arc was over and the first chapters of one after that. Said fuck it cause this is going to last forever.
That is the best possible time to stop watching bleach and i wish i did that. If you skip the fillers like Bounto arc unlike Pat did and also the human doll arc aswell it can be a short decent anime. All you need is the soul society arc the hueco mundo arc, the Arrancar arc and the Aizen arc.

Andy-Samberg-Hot-Rod.jpg

That's not giogios pose, but this is:
tumblr_ni8yoi6qLO1u55xnmo3_500.gif

Speaking of which, how's that show anyway? Worth a watch?

I am happy if I live long enough to see guts actually reach his destination.
How many years is he on that ship now?

Damn son you fine! Get to Jojo posing and getting those girly numbers.

360pages

One Piece is the perfect example on how to balance large cast. While Bleach and Naruto are the two extremes on how not to do it.

One Piece focus on the side characters that are relevant at the time and they usually help/ get a good fight then leave allowing the next side character to shine in the next arc.

Naruto ignores all the side characters all the time. Only focusing on Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi and a few Villains, hell I would say it's a stretch to count Sakura since she was really only kind of relevant near the end and the start of Part 2.

Bleach they focus way too much on the side characters, dragging down the pacing of the arc. On one had, everyone's favorites get their time to shine. But the pacing suffers too much from it.

SteveTR

Alright, here we go.

The Friendcast has become a part of my weekly routine. If I don't have time to listen to it the day it comes out, something inside of me dies.

Numb

One Piece is the perfect example on how to balance large cast. While Bleach and Naruto are the two extremes on how not to do it.

One Piece focus on the side characters that are relevant at the time and they usually help/ get a good fight then leave allowing the next side character to shine in the next arc.

Naruto ignores all the side characters all the time. Only focusing on Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi and a few Villains, hell I would say it's a stretch to count Sakura since she was really only kind of relevant near the end and the start of Part 2.

Bleach they focus way too much on the side characters, dragging down the pacing of the arc. On one had, everyone's favorites get their time to shine. But the pacing suffers too much from it.

I have been reading onepiece actively up until 6 months ago but stopped. It is too much and way too busy for me and i cant keep up. each chapter is just full or so much stuff it is insane. if you watch the anime and compare with the same chapter it is very different. It seems as though every single thing drawn pops up and is somehow the main focus such as characters and clothing and even background objects. Bleach is the polar opposite though and has entire pages with just a characters face

Alright, here we go.

The Friendcast has become a part of my weekly routine. If I don't have time to listen to it the day it comes out, something inside of me dies.

Welcome to the party. The Friendcast it probably my favourite thing that they do

Yo welcome. I remember back when I started watching them after like 3-5 playthroughs I was like "Man I wish they'd do a podcast, they'd be my new NoobToob" and then a few months later I was like "MY THOUGHTS AND WISHES MADE THIS HAPPEN"

360pages

I have been reading onepiece actively up until 6 months ago but stopped. It is too much and way too busy for me and i cant keep up. each chapter is just full or so much stuff it is insane. if you watch the anime and compare with the same chapter it is very different. It seems as though every single thing drawn pops up and is somehow the main focus such as characters and clothing and even background objects. Bleach is the polar oppsite though and has entire pages with just a characters face

Yeah, Oda really doesn't like wasting panel space. Probably because they get like 16-20 Pages a week. I know when I'm creating something monthly or weekly I try to not waste too much time once things have been set up.

Bleach...is Bleach.

SteveTR

The Friendcast is actually how I became a fan of the guys. I tried watching their videos but I couldn't really get into them. The podcast changed it all.

I will never be the same.

Yo welcome. I remember back when I started watching them after like 3-5 playthroughs I was like "Man I wish they'd do a podcast, they'd be my new NoobToob" and then a few months later I was like "MY THOUGHTS AND WISHES MADE THIS HAPPEN"
I remember how excited I was when I heard they were starting a podcast. Their dumb tangents and hanging out were always the best, and as episodes got longer and longer as they got more comfortable it was awesome. They steadily went from like an hour to 2 over 5 episodes, and then we started getting amazing 3 hour chunks.

Oberon

Banned
You can stop halfway through the 4th season, but until then it's great British television

Sounds good, it's added to my infinitly long backlog

Damn son you fine! Get to Jojo posing and getting those girly numbers.

But, I already have the phone number of every girl I know.

When I think of Oberon now, I'll forever think he's Joseph Joestar, the hero we need and don't deserve.

tumblr_inline_nd9h8uADS71qdkde1.gif

Alright, here we go.

Welcome to the best friends OT. We talk about the best friends, and everything else.

Numb

Yeah, Oda really doesn't like wasting panel space. Probably because they get like 16-20 Pages a week. I know when I'm creating something monthly or weekly I try to not waste too much time once things have been set up.

Bleach...is Bleach.
My habit of sticking with things until they end helped me prevail over Naruto but i feel like i already lost against onepiece,JoJo and berserk.

The Friendcast is actually how I became a fan of the guys. I tried watching their videos but I couldn't really get into them. The podcast changed it all.

I will never be the same.

Check out their channel too. Love me some Fisticuffs.

Top Bottom