• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

I liked DA2, but not as much as Origins. Inquisition spoilers:
I wish the DA2 companions were more than just mentioned in dialogue. Like made actual appearances and hung out with the Inquisitor to build their characters more. Would have been nice, but oh well.
I would have liked that too.
At least we got Varric and Hawke.

Ilvocare

WxgzSy1.png

GOD DAMMIT

WII U, PLEASE REGISTER

I'M SO CLOSE TO W101

(I may have spent the entire day rummaging through all of my things to get to this point. I punched in the serial number on my Wii U, linked it to Club Ninty, and it's saying "wait at most 2 days for your 160 coins".)

Also the Wii-Mini-pocalypse is upon us.

Squishy3

WxgzSy1.png

GOD DAMMIT

WII U, PLEASE REGISTER

I'M SO CLOSE TO W101

(I may have spent the entire day rummaging through all of my things to get to this point. I punched in the serial number on my Wii U, linked it to Club Ninty, and it's saying "wait at most 2 days for your 160 coins".)

Also the Wii-Mini-pocalypse is upon us.
They aren't going to take off the digital games anytime soon anyway, so. It's only the physical stuff that'll go out of stock.

Ilvocare

They aren't going to take off the digital games anytime soon anyway, so. It's only the physical stuff that'll go out of stock.

The thing is, is that my Wii U is a bundle with 3D World and Nintyland. I wanted to register those two games but they specifically came without physical Club Ninty documentation. They seem to be tied to the console themselves, despite existing as a physical disk.

Squishy3

The thing is, is that my Wii U is a bundle with 3D World and Nintyland. I wanted to register those two games but they specifically came without physical Club Ninty documentation. They seem to be tied to the console themselves, despite existing as a physical disk.
Link your Club Nintendo account to your eShop account and it should link them. I'm not sure on that though.

Speaking of Dragon Age 2, I think i'm the only person I know who liked it. Hell, I liked it better than Origins. I liked the party more, I liked the story more, and I liked the dialogue more. I also liked Hawke more, with him having a voice being a big part of it. Generally, I like voiced protagonists over silent ones.
SickWheelchairCombos likes it as well. I hate the game as a dragon age sequel but if you can separate the two I found it to be an average fantasy game that got fucked over by it's publisher

Ilvocare

Link your Club Nintendo account to your eShop account and it should link them. I'm not sure on that though.

I booted up the eShop for the first time today, checked the settings, and found that it was already registered to the Wii U.

Am I top of the page?

EDIT: So close.

Squishy3

I booted up the eShop for the first time today, checked the settings, and found that it was already registered to the Wii U.

Am I top of the page?

EDIT: So close.
Your Club Nintendo account is? Then if the digital games preloaded on it are eligible for Club Nintendo coins they'll automatically appear for surveys eventually. I haven't bought anything that came preloaded with a game on it yet, so I don't know if you get coins for them or not.

Ilvocare

Your Club Nintendo account is? Then if the digital games preloaded on it are eligible for Club Nintendo coins they'll automatically appear for surveys eventually.

THE SURVEY KICKED IN

IT'S DONE

101 HERE I COME

(Since I had a bundle, I should expect NintendoLand and 3D World to also have surveys pop up soon, right?)

SickWheelchairCombos likes it as well. I hate the game as a dragon age sequel but if you can separate the two I found it to be an average fantasy game that got fucked over by it's publisher
I can understand that. One of the reasons that I liked it better is that I played it before Origins. I read up on Origins before starting so I wouldn't be lost. I'm also generally very forgiving of games. It takes Duke Nukem Forever and Colonial Marines level of quality to make me actively dislike a game.

Squishy3

THE SURVEY KICKED IN

IT'S DONE

101 HERE I COME

(Since I had a bundle, I should expect NintendoLand and 3D World to also have surveys pop up soon, right?)
I don't know, as I've never gotten a console with games preloaded on it. The MH4U N3DS will be my first one and nothing released after 1/20 is eligible for coins.. so. Maybe ask in the Club Nintendo thread?

Also don't be afraid if you suck at W101, don't worry about rankings in your first playthrough (this is how you ruin a Platinum Games game for yourself), listen for the tells, and use the right stick to draw, not the touchscreen. Treat the shapes like special moves in a fighting game.

I could use my tv. Hmm, got any laptop suggestions?
Laptops are hard to consider decent unless you're around $800-900 IMO, but here'd a decent one that's in your budget, though it's a refurb so it's REALLY hit or miss.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6A320W5329

You could get a SSD and/or some good RAM thrown in there with minimal effort and you'd have a decent machine too.
Never code for 10 hours with a 30 minute break kids.

It's not a fun time.
So many all-day assignments my last semester.

It hurts.

Ilvocare

I don't know, as I've never gotten a console with games preloaded on it. The MH4U N3DS will be my first one and nothing released after 1/20 is eligible for coins.. so. Maybe ask in the Club Nintendo thread?

Also don't be afraid if you suck at W101, don't worry about rankings in your first playthrough (this is how you ruin a Platinum Games game for yourself), listen for the tells, and use the right stick to draw, not the touchscreen. Treat the shapes like special moves in a fighting game.

You don't understand. The two games came as physical disks. They were not preloaded onto the console. They were CLEARLY released before January 2015. They also lacked physical documentation to register them onto Club Ninty, despite them being a high-yield for coins.

Also if I suck at this half as much as I suck at Mirror's Edge, I'll be proud of myself.

Squishy3

You don't understand. The two games came as physical disks. They were not preloaded onto the console. They were CLEARLY released before January 2015. They also lacked physical documentation to register them onto Club Ninty, despite them being a high-yield for coins.

Also if I suck at this half as much as I suck at Mirror's Edge, I'll be proud of myself.
Oh, I just assumed they were preloaded on the system. Don't think you can get coins from them, sorry.

Alfebit

Banned
Laptops are hard to consider decent unless you're around $800-900 IMO, but here'd a decent one that's in your budget, though it's a refurb so it's REALLY hit or miss.

You could get a SSD and/or some good RAM thrown in there with minimal effort and you'd have a decent machine too.

It hurts.
I might go with this since honestly I probably won't be playing much on it besides old shit. Do newegg refurbished products hold up well or is this going to die on me in a week?

semisonic

Banned
I could use my tv. Hmm, got any laptop suggestions?

I'm a bit late on this, but I love my ASUS G750JZ something something something.
Since I don't have a regular pc, this is my gaming machine, and it does its job super well
Oh wait you're on a budget nvrmind

I might go with this since honestly I probably won't be playing much on it besides old shit. Do newegg refurbished products hold up well or is this going to die on me in a week?
Different people do every product so the only judge is reviews. Though, the processors on any laptop on that price range will have trouble even playing HD video.

Lemme go back and look for more laptops.

It hurts.

This is the first one of this semester.

Last semester over Thanksgiving break I had to do a month's worth of coding in 2 days..I was fucking see elements and attributes in my sleep.

For anyone who knows, what's a good place for sushi in New Jersey? I know i'm not being specific, it's just that i'd prefer not to say what town I live in.

Top Bottom