• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Anung

Un Rama
Any of you guys grabbing this DBZ Xenoverse game? I'm pretty hyped for it for some reason. Not played a DBZ since Tenkachi.

Zenfalcia

Is today backwards day in this thread? what the hell am I reading?

It's normal day at NormalGaf, nothing wrong going on here.
I can't believe I'm gonna play dengeki bunko. If I even slightly start to enjoy it I might just kill myself.

You should also play Arcana Heart Max if abu has that too. Might as well, do the best fighting games before you leave.
I was thinking the same. Xi, bro, pay attention!

Also a forum we 3 used to run is shutting down tonight and now everyone has come out of the woodwork and now it's super active. Wtf man. ~_~

Sounds like an amazing forum, which many people care about it.

I can't believe I'm gonna play dengeki bunko. If I even slightly start to enjoy it I might just kill myself.
W9CCo6yVST0Ji.gif

Request 11 of Flower, Sun and Rain...

Shit just got real.
At this point I'm just gonna spoiler everything from here on out since it's getting that late in the game, and per Suda's style the latter half is where story shit really matters and comes out of nowhere.

Mondo is this time woken up in the evening rather than morning, and is tripped by Sue the room service lady who was HIDING UNDER MONDO'S BED. After a tense conversation, she requests Mondo to search for "her secret" that even she does not know about, but is somehow connected to the secret of Lospass Island.

Also, Edo turns into a very cranky asshole in the evening as he starts yelling at Mondo to do his job and tells him to fuck off every time you check the front desk. Rather than taking the road to the airport, we go in the opposite direction and head towards the lighthouse to get a view of a crescent moon...although seemingly NOTHING of value is gained from seeing it, aside from an optional Lost and Found puzzle.

Then Mondo returns to his room, where Sue goes back under his bed and explains everything that the player would already have figured out about the situation that Mondo is too slow to realize; that the island is stuck in a timeloop and it will not stop until the airplane bomb is dismantled and the terrorist behind it apprehended. Sounds simple, as that's what Mondo was already hired to do. Of course that's not counting all the other bullshit that obstructed his progress for 10 fucking straight days.

Mondo is given a pocket watch by Sue, supposedly holding the key to "her secret." Even after using Catherine to decode the number puzzle associated with it and solve the mystery, nothing of seemingly any value is gained in Mondo's eyes, and we're called up to the roof. Sue demands what Mondo learned about her secret and the mysery, despite Mondo not knowing anything. Despite doing exactly what he was told, Mondo is scolded once again for basically being an idiot that has the need to help other people's requests and do things for them. For this, he is then murdered by a terrorist with a missing eye: Sundance Shot, a character mentioned in the Silver Case but never actually shown anywhere but the intro video. And as he falls from the roof after being shot, the plane blows up despite only being supposed to explode during the day.

This started to take a turn to the sort of weird and abstract that you'd find in something like killer7. I almost need to sit back and internalize this a bit more.

Any of you guys grabbing this DBZ Xenoverse game? I'm pretty hyped for it for some reason. Not played a DBZ since Tenkachi.

I'll be getting it and streaming it release day. It looks like the first legit good DBZ game in a while. I don't expect anything deep or a good fighting game like Budokai 3, just mindless DBZ fun,

Sounds like an amazing forum, which many people care about it.

It was nothing overly huge or anything, but it was essentially made for everyone to go to when MangaStream shut their forum down a while back. Lots of good and bad things happened there for a great many of us, as I'm sure Wolf and Xi have told you guys once before.

360pages

Fo sure. Looks like the first game they've actually out effort into for over a decade.

Yeah, everything after Burst Limit was woof. Half Finished games, games that were broken/slow. And lets no talk about Battle of Z.

My only gripe is that it looks a bit stiff, but that happens when you are making a combat system that can work for 1 on 1 or three on three.

grimmiq

Got burnt out playing Legend of Dragoon so giving Persona 3 FES another shot..it's easier than I remember it being..though I'm almost up to where I quit last time..I think I just didn't "get" the fatigue system last time. Also helps that someone told me about how to get a quad element Lilim early on >.>.

Also, I forgot how fucking stupid Kenji is..

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I'll be getting it and streaming it release day. It looks like the first legit good DBZ game in a while. I don't expect anything deep or a good fighting game like Budokai 3, just mindless DBZ fun,

Back in the day when I thought DBZ and Bleach were the pinnacles of anime, I played Ultimate Tenkaichi a ton with my friend. Those were really fun, but I'm not as into fighting games as the rest of you so I only play them casually with other people.

I have RPGs to waste my time on.

They didn't much about it besides being in a forum before.

They can tell you guys then if they want. :p

Back in the day when I thought DBZ and Bleach were the pinnacles of anime, I played Ultimate Tenkaichi a ton with my friend. Those were really fun, but I'm not as into fighting games as the rest of you so I only play them casually with other people.

I have RPGs to waste my time on.

I'm not as big into fighters as 'd like to be mostly from having no local friends to play against and afraid of getting bodied online. No one wants to help a noob practice because they offer no challenge. I'll be enjoying Xenoverse for its dumb fun though just like I enjoy the Ultimate Ninja Storm games.

The best thing about it, is the failure of basic understand on how any point system works. Not even talking about games.

Don't those writers intentionally try to make the least accurate things possible to mess with people since their actual audience won't know the difference? Same thing with the whole zoom in and enhance people.

360pages

Yeah, Xenoverse actually looks really fun. I really want to create a Majin and a Namek. It won't be deeper than Infinite world or Budokai 3. But at least it will be a game unlike UT.

Zenfalcia

Don't those writers intentionally try to make the least accurate things possible to mess with people since their actual audience won't know the difference? Same thing with the whole zoom in and enhance people.

I think they know their audience doesn't know better so, they just write things to make things easier. Idk, this is pure speculation, since I watched it as a kid and didn't know better until I grew older.

Numb

They can tell you guys then if they want. :p

I'm not as big into fighters as 'd like to be mostly from having no local friends to play against and afraid of getting bodied online. No one wants to help a noob practice because they offer no challenge. I'll be enjoying Xenoverse for its dumb fun though just like I enjoy the Ultimate Ninja Storm games.

I am the worst at fighting games but i still love them and will play most of them. I even played the naruto and DBZ games aswell and lost reaally hard. It has to do with having many friends offline and online you can play with. Just played around 30 matches of Xrd today with a local friend who only plays fifa. It matters that you play their games with them too

Top Bottom