• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Zenfalcia

fcc.gif

This gif is great every time i see it.

They can tell you guys then if they want. :p

I'm not as big into fighters as 'd like to be mostly from having no local friends to play against and afraid of getting bodied online. No one wants to help a noob practice because they offer no challenge. I'll be enjoying Xenoverse for its dumb fun though just like I enjoy the Ultimate Ninja Storm games.

The issue isn't people having the patience to teach a noob, the problem is that people new to fighting games have to understand that against anyone who knows what they're doing, they're probably going to lose the first like...500-1000 matches really badly. So you can play with someone all afternoon and everytime you improve, your friend will change up to fuck with you. It's a slow process and the new player usually gets frustrated and quits. Me? I'll stomp on noobies all day, I love that shit. I'll also if possible hop on mic and explain what's happening. But if you really wanna get into fighters, you gotta realize people that are into fighters have somewhere between 2 and 20 years of practice on you and you're going to get worked for a while.

360pages

The issue isn't people having the patience to teach a noob, the problem is that people new to fighting games have to understand that against anyone who knows what they're doing, they're probably going to lose the first like...500-1000 matches really badly. So you can play with someone all afternoon and everytime you improve, your friend will change up to fuck with you. It's a slow process and the new player usually gets frustrated and quits. Me? I'll stomp on noobies all day, I love that shit. I'll also if possible hop on mic and explain what's happening. But if you really wanna get into fighters, you gotta realize people that are into fighters have somewhere between 2 and 20 years of practice on you and you're going to get worked for a while.

Pretty much this, I played Smash all my life and am pretty competent at it. But that is after years of practice with each game. You have to have both the time, understanding and what not.

Even a game like Pokémon takes practice with prediction

Numb

Guys, I need help. I been listening to Death Parade's OP for like 30 minutes. I can't stop myself.

Stop before you spend 2 days listening to it like i did with Beet the vandel buster. The anime isnt even good
crap im listening to it again

Oh, without a doubt man. I don't mind losing as long as I'm having fun doing it. One of the biggest issues I have learning a fighting game though is just as I said earlier, not having any local friends. Sure you can play people online and having a mic can absolutely be a good substitute for that but as I'm sure you more than most people here can attest to it's nowhere near a good replacement for actually being in the same room and talking shit to your friends about how shit they are or how BS the character they pick is.

I don't have Xrd nor do I know if that's even the main fighter you guys are playing right now but I do have Ultimax and I've heard it's a good starter games to get into fighters with. I definitely wanna be someone decent at them before Street Fighter 5 because I need to hop on that hype train instead of just watching things like EVO and your guys FNF.Come next week when I get my capture card in I do intend to get back into that and try to pick up where I left off since I've kind of developed a weird habit recently of not wanting to play most games anymore unless I stream it. I was doing fairly well with Margaret and Mitsuru before I stopped. Really wanna get good with Naoto and possibly Aigis though.

Funnily enough I want to go a female buu :D Majin Scruub.

Best.

I'll probably be rolling a female Majin, but if not Namekians are looking pretty bad ass. The Freeza class has some cool looks as well.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Guys, I need help. I been listening to Death Parade's OP for like 30 minutes. I can't stop myself.

It's my favorite OP of the year so far. It's so fucking good.

Also, I started watching Terror in Resonance. It's so good! How did I miss this?!

Pat watch depressing wrestling stuff tho

http://youtu.be/_k6ds58BSis
http://youtu.be/V-8e0uy3Ids

Oh, without a doubt man. I don't mind losing as long as I'm having fun doing it. One of the biggest issues I have learning a fighting game though is just as I said earlier, not having any local friends. Sure you can play people online and having a mic can absolutely be a good substitute for that but as I'm sure you more than most people here can attest to it's nowhere near a good replacement for actually being in the same room and talking shit to your friends about how shit they are or how BS the character they pick is.

I don't have Xrd nor do I know if that's even the main fighter you guys are playing right now but I do have Ultimax and I've heard it's a good starter games to get into fighters with. I definitely wanna be someone decent at them before Street Fighter 5 because I need to hop on that hype train instead of just watching things like EVO and your guys FNF.Come next week when I get my capture card in I do intend to get back into that and try to pick up where I left off since I've kind of developed a weird habit recently of not wanting to play most games anymore unless I stream it. I was doing fairly well with Margaret and Mitsuru before I stopped. Really wanna get good with Naoto and possibly Aigis though.

Best.

I'll probably be rolling a female Majin, but if not Namekians are looking pretty bad ass. The Freeza class has some cool looks as well.

A lot of us have Xrd but I think Ultimax is by far the most popular game here. Let us know when you start streaming it, there is usually people here wanting to play

Archgan

It's gotten worse. I've discovered infintelooper. I think it's too late for me. Let my sacrifice serve as a warning to you all.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Rolling girls is also good. Any ways, i'll stop pushing it.

Because it's not as good as you think... :/ It's artsy i'll give it that and has some cool moments.

Granted I'm on episode 7, and the introduction of a rival character seems a bit forced, but it's still really cool.
And that girl is the worst, why is she there? She's just shoehorned into the story, really. If their jobs are so important to them, why even risk having someone who isn't 9 and 12 around? She almost kills them with that phone bomb!

Anung

Un Rama
I'm not a big JRPG guy. But between Xenoblade, Persona 5 and Final Fantasy its hard not to get crazy hyped again.

What would you take out?
One book, one blu ray, the mic, downgrade Bloodborne to normal ed.
And now I'm realizing I should probably just get bloodborne

The Backdown of my wallet.
It's gotten worse. I've discovered infintelooper. I think it's too late for me. Let my sacrifice serve as a warning to you all.
I was doing that with JUST LIVE MORE after the last podcast reminded me that it's actually the hypest.

Best.

If you've got a mic I can hop on and beast you in Ultimax right now.

EDIT: PS3. Obvs.

Zenfalcia

Granted I'm on episode 7, and the introduction of a rival character seems a bit forced, but it's still really cool.
And that girl is the worst, why is she there? She's just shoehorned into the story, really. If their jobs are so important to them, why even risk having someone who isn't 9 and 12 around? She almost kills them with that phone bomb!

Yeah, she's kinda a crap character, who doesn't even develop. Everything seems really cool until you get to the end and then it just gets very hard to believe.
I think the point of her was to give them a sense of compassion and make them still "human" if that makes any sense.

I work at a newspaper warehouse. Someone has to deliver these stupid things!

Hopefully if this stream thing takes off I won't have to do this bullshit anymore.

Don't count on it, and even if it does, it took us years of busting our ass on top of our 9-5s to make it work.

EDIT: I don't mean to sound discouraging, I just hate to see people get all starry eyed n shit without realistic expectations. Definitely go for it, but don't ~count~ on it.

Zenfalcia

I'm not a big JRPG guy. But between Xenoblade, Persona 5 and Final Fantasy its hard not to get crazy hyped again.

Let the hype consume you.
One book, one blu ray, the mic, downgrade Bloodborne to normal ed.
And now I'm realizing I should probably just get bloodborne

The Backdown of my wallet.
I was doing that with JUST LIVE MORE after the last podcast reminded me that it's actually the hypest.

i'm waiting for the sequel to backdown 2: the backdown. Where you don't give a damn and put them all back in your cart and guiltily buy them all.
Fuck dengeki bunko.

Though the black swordsman Kirito is actually fun to play as.

As predicted, carebear is enjoying the fight game. All according to keikaku.
wait she is a grappler? that is fucking awesome, my hype is building

She looked like a set up type of character with her jump shots and stuff.

Top Bottom