• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yeah, she's kinda a crap character, who doesn't even develop. Everything seems really cool until you get to the end and then it just gets very hard to believe.
I think the point of her was to give them a sense of compassion and make them still "human" if that makes any sense.
I does, but it's still lazy. Did Watanabe write it? Or did he just direct it? If so, he's better than that.

Don't count on it, and even if it does, it took us years of busting our ass on top of our 9-5s to make it work.

When you first started, did you ever think that you would be able to quit your job?

Don't count on it, and even if it does, it took us years of busting our ass on top of our 9-5s to make it work.

Oh I know it's not easy. Luckily though I have the advantage of knowing some people that are already partnered as well as a friend that's very knowing as to the inner workings of Twitch and how to get these things happening. I've only been doing it a little over a week so far and I already have about 20+ regulars and between 40-60 concurrent viewers when I stream. I figure I'll know in about 2-3 months if this will go anywhere meaningful. I can't have a pessimistic attitude about it though or it'll definitely never go anywhere. I think ym biggest advantage is that I love to talk as long as I have others to play off of.

I've also heard it's way harder to make a living off of streams than it is YouTube.

That's why you do both! My YouTube is pretty empty right now though.

I does, but it's still lazy. Did Watanabe write it? Or did he just direct it? If so, he's better than that.

When you first started, did you ever think that you would be able to quit your job?

No. I thought it'd be a nice supplementary income for a year at best.

Oh I know it's not easy. Luckily though I have the advantage of knowing some people that are already partnered as well as a friend that's very knowing as to the inner workings of Twitch and how to get these things happening. I've only been doing it a little over a week so far and I already have about 20+ regulars and between 40-60 concurrent viewers when I stream. I figure I'll know in about 2-3 months if this will go anywhere meaningful.

That's a huge leg up over most people, but the worst part is that popularity is basically a lottery. I got lucky. You might get lucky. Good work isn't enough.

Zenfalcia

EDIT: I don't mean to sound discouraging, I just hate to see people get all starry eyed n shit without realistic expectations. Definitely go for it, but don't ~count~ on it.

You're just being realistic, that's all.

No idea. They might have done the same thing as aldnoah.zero and have him only write some key points and then a mediocre writer fill in the gaps.

That's a huge leg up over most people, but the worst part is that popularity is basically a lottery. I got lucky. You might get lucky. Good work isn't enough.

The most important thing I've learned is that you have to offer something unique. Why would someone watch me if someone is doing the same schtick as me, but better?

Also to your comment to Mathao, that's also what I'm intending this to be for now. I only work 3 days a week for about 4-5 hours a day because I can't afford to be out of the house for too long at a time due to familial obligations. At the moment I'd just like it to be a little bit more extra money on top of what little I already make so that I can begin to save towards things I want to work towards in the future. If someone more comes of it then great, but if not then it was fun while it lasted.

Anung

Un Rama

EDIT: I don't mean to sound discouraging, I just hate to see people get all starry eyed n shit without realistic expectations. Definitely go for it, but don't ~count~ on it.

I think if you think about it like that you set yourself up for this massive fall. I'm just making videos because I love games and writing. Other people liking what I make is its own thing entirely.

Zenfalcia

That's what I heard. But I don't know, I never got around to it.

Up to you to watch it. I really don't understand how woolie didn't expect the second season to start the way it did. It was too telegraphed and so scripted to happen. Do you care about spoilers? I can just spoil it all right now.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Oh I know it's not easy. Luckily though I have the advantage of knowing some people that are already partnered as well as a friend that's very knowing as to the inner workings of Twitch and how to get these things happening. I've only been doing it a little over a week so far and I already have about 20+ regulars and between 40-60 concurrent viewers when I stream. I figure I'll know in about 2-3 months if this will go anywhere meaningful. I can't have a pessimistic attitude about it though or it'll definitely never go anywhere. I think ym biggest advantage is that I love to talk as long as I have others to play off of.
That's an advantage. When's your 48 hour livestream?

But actually tho, keep it up.

No. I thought it'd be a nice supplementary income for a year at best.

It's really sad that that's true. I watched a youtuber who had a different theme every week and put out 5 videos a week that were heavily edited and obviously had a lot of work put into them. He did that for about a year and then just stopped one day.

I think if you think about it like that you set yourself up for this massive fall. I'm just making videos because I love games and writing. Other people liking what I make is its own thing entirely.

I'm the same. My friend and I never play games together and Let's Plays give us a a chance to show each other games and have fun in ways we weren't before. Whether or not people watch doesn't really matter to me, since I just like hanging out with my friend.

Yeah, exactly. Matt made those Cartoon Flophouse videos because he NEEDED to show the world dumb cartoon shit. I did the original episodes cuz I thought it'd be a gas.

360pages

Well any creative process of creation, Videos, Books, Games is a crapshoot. Especially if you are delving into it. Remember you are drop in a sea of content. You have to have something to stand out and get noticed.

Hell, most famous book writers usually wrote on the side while doing their job.

Jman014

Behold the Herald of Gargos!
ConcreteBigheartedAfricanclawedfrog.gif

I'm close to my first $100!

which is combined from my regular yt channel too :/

Up to you to watch it. I really don't understand how woolie didn't expect the second season to start the way it did. It was too telegraphed and so scripted to happen. Do you care about spoilers? I can just spoil it all right now.

Oh, I've watched Aldnoah. I was talking about Terror in Resonance.

What's your thing? Can we get a link to something archived?

I don't really have one figured out too a degree that'd allow me to get huge yet. The most I can really say is that like I said earlier I play off others. I'll respond to people in a manner that I think they would like to be responded to. If I'm playing a game with choices I'll let my viewers make the choice. If you want a VOD to watch you can check my Twitch but I'm not going to plug it or anything. If people wanna watch then go for it, if they don't then that's fine too. Any ideas are more than welcome though.

http://www.twitch.tv/vidulasaix (Also that's not me streaming there, click to view my info below it)

If you want a specific VOD where I interact, check about halfway into this one around the 2-3 hour mark. I know MMO's aren't most of your guys things but that's not all I play.

http://www.twitch.tv/vidulasaix/b/621420072

wait she is a grappler? that is fucking awesome, my hype is building

Let the hype consume you.

i'm waiting for the sequel to backdown 2: the backdown. Where you don't give a damn and put them all back in your cart and guiltily buy them all.

As predicted, carebear is enjoying the fight game. All according to keikaku.

She looked like a set up type of character with her jump shots and stuff.

I'm never playing this game again. I'm going home.

Fuck you abubeats

I'd love to do longer streams but I'd like a bigger viewer base first. Hoping I can hop on that new game hype with Xenoverse, Type 0, Bloodborne, etc

Bloodborne is a huge oppurtunity but you're also tackling what is possibly the most difficult stream game conceivable right out the game. I'm getting nervous at the thought of LP-ing it, and in that shit I can cut out my fuck ups.

Oh I misunderstood, my bad. Do you plan on watching it? If you do it's only 11 episodes or so long. Let's talk about aldnoah just for fun cause why not.

It's on my list, I'll go back to it eventually, but it just kinda got lost in the shuffle.

I haven't started 2 yet, friend and I are waiting for it to be over so we can marathon it in a day.

Bloodborne is a huge oppurtunity but you're also tackling what is possibly the most difficult stream game conceivable right out the game. I'm getting nervous at the thought of LP-ing it, and in that shit I can cut out my fuck ups.

Are you considering recording chalice runs?

And some of the channel's LP playlists are incomplete.

Yeah, exactly. Matt made those Cartoon Flophouse videos because he NEEDED to show the world dumb cartoon shit. I did the original episodes cuz I thought it'd be a gas.
Pat the originator of fart gas confirmed.
I don't even have ads on. It's honestly not worth the hassle for the fact that we get like, 50-100 views a video.
Ehh I enjoy making videos and the editing. I'm about to finish my film degree and editing keeps me sane. I get super low views but it's something I just like doing. I've stopped recently only because of sickness and starting up school but I'm doing a lot better and plan to continue again.

Anung

Un Rama
Funnily enough even though I prefer writing and editing videos about games the most viewed video on my channel is me playing P.T for 15 minutes (literally 20 minutes after it was announced) at 5,700 views.

At the minute I'm writing my magnum opus.

I think that fucking up actually brings fun to the content. I can understand why you'd be nervous about them but I'm the type of person that doesn't mind making a fool of myself in a game because everyone gets a good laugh out of it and if the trolls want to pour in and call me shit they're more than welcome. My only worry is when I want to stop and think about something the viewers may get bored because I'm taking my time. That's one advantage you guys have with LP's on YouTube as opposed to streams because you can cut out times like that or times when you get lost. I want to try and turn those moments into viewer interactivity though. Let them try to help me out, y'know?

I actually streamed my very first playthrough of Dark Souls 1 as well but sadly that was years ago and I didn't save it like a fool so I definitely know the type of game I'd be getting myself into.

I'm the same. My friend and I never play games together and Let's Plays give us a a chance to show each other games and have fun in ways we weren't before. Whether or not people watch doesn't really matter to me, since I just like hanging out with my friend.

I don't know why but me and my friend have talked about LPing condemned 2 recently but I don't feel like spending money on equipment

Ehh I enjoy making videos and the editing. I'm about to finish my film degree and editing keeps me sane. I get super low views but it's something I just like doing. I've stopped recently only because of sickness and starting up school but I'm doing a lot better and plan to continue again.

I'm the same, but the hassle of turning on ads and setting up the whole bank account thing seems like too much work when I honestly don't think it would do anything other than piss people off.

He's way cooler and better and more deserving of that name like another black swordsman that couldn't even save (berserk spoilers)
his gf from getting raped
unlike Kirito.

You just wait for SAO chapter 32.5 where the writer gets bored and writes a scene in which that happens and fills it with weird flavour text explaining the world

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I'd love to do longer streams but I'd like a bigger viewer base first. Hoping I can hop on that new game hype with Xenoverse, Type 0, Bloodborne, etc
But a fun thing that I'd like to see more streamers do is to play more games that they love and know a ton about. I hate watching some prick fuck around in a game he knows nothing about.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Pat, my favorite best friends videos are the ones that you clearly want to play and know a lot about, a la RE, Silent Hill, Matt's NMH, PE, The Sadness Trilogy. Those were all fantastic.

Zenfalcia

I'm never playing this game again. I'm going home.

Fuck you abubeats

You had fun, don't lie.
It's on my list, I'll go back to it eventually, but it just kinda got lost in the shuffle.

I haven't started 2 yet, friend and I are waiting for it to be over so we can marathon it in a day.

That's going to be a while. Like 7 more weeks or so. So, what do you think of the characters, inaho with his AMAZING characterization, and the equally amazing ending?

I don't know why but me and my friend have talked about LPing condemned 2 recently but I don't feel like spending money on equipment

We didn't spend shit on equipment. My friend happened to have MSI Afterburner come free with his computer and I happened to have a mic sitting around, which was why our audio was so terrible. Then I needed a new headset for a thing so I got one and it being a better mic is just a coincidence.

You can make a reasonable production off random free software from the internet, though.

We didn't spend shit on equipment. My friend happened to have MSI Afterburner come free with his computer and I happened to have a mic sitting around, which was why our audio was so terrible. Then I needed a new headset for a thing so I got one and it being a better mic is just a coincidence.

You can make a reasonable production off random free software from the internet, though.

Condemned 2 ain't on pc though

Zenfalcia

He's way cooler and better and more deserving of that name like another black swordsman that couldn't even save (berserk spoilers)
his gf from getting raped
unlike Kirito.

lA8E2DU.gif

You just wait for SAO chapter 32.5 where the writer gets bored and writes a scene in which that happens and fills it with weird flavour text explaining the world

10/10 would read. 16.5 was the best thing ever. Nothing beats action scenes filled with dialogue explaining why it works and stuff while doing the actions.

Top Bottom