• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

We didn't spend shit on equipment. My friend happened to have MSI Afterburner come free with his computer and I happened to have a mic sitting around, which was why our audio was so terrible. Then I needed a new headset for a thing so I got one and it being a better mic is just a coincidence.

You can make a reasonable production off random free software from the internet, though.

I should point out that MSI Afterburner doesn't come free. MSI Afterburner just IS free.

But a fun thing that I'd like to see more streamers do is to play more games that they love and know a ton about. I hate watching some prick fuck around in a game he knows nothing about.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Pat, my favorite best friends videos are the ones that you clearly want to play and know a lot about, a la RE, Silent Hill, Matt's NMH, PE, The Sadness Trilogy. Those were all fantastic.

You're kind of right. Like recently I've been replaying through 13-2 again (Shut up I like it dammit) and even though I've beaten the game I'm still enjoying it because I let the viewers pick those stupid A/B/C/D choices it gives you that in the long run mean absolutely nothing but have been providing some amusing moments that I never would have seen otherwise where Serah is acting like the most bitchy, ditzy nonblonde I've ever seen in a video game.

As for the equipment issue for LP'ing, just save up over time and buy. That's what I did to finally get this PC to a state where it could stream. I was only able to get a capture card because one of my viewers was gracious enough to order one for me and told me to pay him back when I can (which I fully intend to do)

That's going to be a while. Like 7 more weeks or so. So, what do you think of the characters, inaho with his AMAZING characterization, and the equally amazing ending?

I actually liked Slaine. I liked his shit-assiness and terrible decisions as a character and I liked his whole slavery deal. Inaho... Eh. He was cool in those first 3 episodes then I just didn't care. I remember nobody else.

I'm sure you all can imagine the care bear salt

HxjKMdN.gif

I'm the same, but the hassle of turning on ads and setting up the whole bank account thing seems like too much work when I honestly don't think it would do anything other than piss people off.
Well I started the Google ad thing since before I started an LP channel. This was right before they stopped doing checks. My regular channel started up slow because I only learned a few months ago my ex erased the 2 videos that were actually making money.

Dick in crazy has it's consequences kids.

I should point out that MSI Afterburner doesn't come free. MSI Afterburner just IS free.

Really? His lying-ass told me he would have had to pay for it. He must've just been confusing it with something else.

But yeah, MSI is pretty good, file sizes are pretty big but you can mess with some settings and it gets the job done.

Anyway I'm off to work. Thanks for the words peeps. I do plan to stream some more this morning after work (though it's 13-2 right now so I doubt any of you will care) so I'll come post a link when I do if any of you wanna check it out. Only gonna post it this once though because I'm not going to shill my shit in the Zaibatsu's shit. That ain't cool.

Ilvocare

Hi guys, came back from something I didn't expect to be doing: Kid Icarus multiplayer. Man oh man is that game impossible to play consistently with such a crazy connection. What's going on?

You're kind of right. Like recently I've been replaying through 13-2 again (Shut up I like it dammit) and even though I've beaten the game I'm still enjoying it because I let the viewers pick those stupid A/B/C/D choices it gives you that in the long run mean absolutely nothing but have been providing some amusing moments that I never would have seen otherwise where Serah is acting like the most bitchy, ditzy nonblonde I've ever seen in a video game.

you've been streaming 13-2? How is that game on PC? I popped in to one of your FF14 streams and liked what I saw but had to get out of there before I ended up renewing my subscription

I did a little looking around on the YouTube page, and that seems to be the only one.

Has Liam returned to the Booster Tower in Mario RPG? There's an item minigame that gives a useful item available to play.

Fixed Evil Within and Shaolin Monks. A few days ago I fixed Parasite Eve, NMH1 and Silent Hill. Since we got the website we've been forgetting to do some playlist stuff because we started to automate everything. Our bad. That being said, I figured out how to automate playlist adding, so going forward this won't be a problem.

Jman014

Did you guys show Pat that indonesianbob art of how his girlfriend just found and claimed Pat?
Anyway I'm off to work. Thanks for the words peeps. I do plan to stream some more this morning after work (though it's 13-2 right now so I doubt any of you will care) so I'll come post a link when I do if any of you wanna check it out. Only gonna post it this once though because I'm not going to shill my shit in the Zaibatsu's shit. That ain't cool.
Ttyl!
Hi guys, came back from something I didn't expect to be doing: Kid Icarus multiplayer. Man oh man is that game impossible to play consistently with such a crazy connection. What's going on?

Hello! Doing stuff in World of Warcraft

Mathaou

legacy of cane

As for the equipment issue for LP'ing, just save up over time and buy. That's what I did to finally get this PC to a state where it could stream. I was only able to get a capture card because one of my viewers was gracious enough to order one for me and told me to pay him back when I can (which I fully intend to do)

I was saying this yesterday, but here's my streaming of CIV5 formula.
1) Let your viewers decide on the technologies you pursue, as well as your theology and gov't structure. They also pick dialogue options when conversing with other countries.
2) Be pretty okay at the game or play on a difficulty you feel comfortable with.
3)You have to get as far as you can with the people in the stream trying to sabotage you whenever they can.

Zenfalcia

I actually liked Slaine. I liked his shit-assiness and terrible decisions as a character and I liked his whole slavery deal. Inaho... Eh. He was cool in those first 3 episodes then I just didn't care. I remember nobody else.

HxjKMdN.gif

That's because they're all so forgettable. Slaine was probably the best main character compared to the others, but he just kept doing things for no goddamn reason.
Did you guys see the crazy Berserk statue shown today?
4Y22Yv7.jpg

That's sick.
Really? His lying-ass told me he would have had to pay for it. He must've just been confusing it with something else.

But yeah, MSI is pretty good, file sizes are pretty big but you can mess with some settings and it gets the job done.

He probably just didn't know.

1408.gif

grimmiq

Fixed Evil Within and Shaolin Monks. A few days ago I fixed Parasite Eve, NMH1 and Silent Hill. Since we got the website we've been forgetting to do some playlist stuff because we started to automate everything. Our bad. That being said, I figured out how to automate playlist adding, so going forward this won't be a problem.

It's probably been asked/answered, but which is better for you guys, views on youtube or the site? Both work fine for me but I tend to go youtube just out of habit.

DXtory is better, and Shadowplay is better than that. DXtory is cheap too. 20-30 bucks and Lagarith Lossless Codec (which you should get) is free.

demidar

It's probably been asked/answered, but which is better for you guys, views on youtube or the site? Both work fine for me but I tend to go youtube just out of habit.

I go on YouTube because the site player asses up 50% of the time (massive stuttering) and YouTube's player is HTML5.

That's cool. I should point out that the Silent Hill LP has been great so far

Only minor complaint (and this just might be YouTube being YouTube) is the uploaded videos playlist goes new to old. If I miss a few days of videos, I can't just let it run because it'll go back to previous videos instead.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

I go to youtube because it's more convenient on my vita.

I don't use my computer because for whatever reason it's really bad at streaming.

Should I man up and use my WiiU's browser? I'd make a trek to my basement for you guys.

I go to youtube because it's more convenient on my vita.

I don't use my computer because for whatever reason it's really bad at streaming.

Should I man up and use my WiiU's browser? I'd make a trek to my basement for you guys.
You should. Just run a video, pause it then hit play again and it works. Just hold your finger or stylus on the video and click "Make full screen"

you've been streaming 13-2? How is that game on PC? I popped in to one of your FF14 streams and liked what I saw but had to get out of there before I ended up renewing my subscription
On the way to work now so I can't make a big response but the short answer is no great. Game is locked to 30 for and I can't find a way to uncap it that doesn't break the game.

I was saying this yesterday, but here's my streaming of CIV5 formula.
1) Let your viewers decide on the technologies you pursue, as well as your theology and gov't structure. They also pick dialogue options when conversing with other countries.
2) Be pretty okay at the game or play on a difficulty you feel comfortable with.
3)You have to get as far as you can with the people in the stream trying to sabotage you whenever they can.
That's pretty spot on to the types of things I do actually.

Not sure I follow.

Only minor complaint (and this just might be YouTube being YouTube) is the uploaded videos playlist goes new to old. If I miss a few days of videos, I can't just let it run because it'll go back to previous videos instead.

That's an automatic playlist created by youtube. That's just how that works.

360pages

Yup. My passions are stuff I plan to pursue on the side, not rely on financially. Gotta keep myself alive n shit.

1066.gif

Pretty much, you should just try to make people happy at first. As long as you improve one persons day it will be worth it. With that said, if your shit is good enough, then expand upon it.

Ilvocare

Hello! Doing stuff in World of Warcraft

Have you even hit whatever the level cap is in that game? Are you PvPing or raiding? Because I keep getting reminded of the whole "the game doesn't start until you hit endgame" rhetoric that my brother pelted at me all the time in high school.

This is actually an add-on to this question, Pat: I've always been curious about whether it would be possible to make the video player on the website compatible with Chromecast, or, failing that, embed the YT version (if there is one) of the video on the website so there is a way to view from your website while using Chromecast. I regularly lay back and use my TV to watch your guys' content, and unfortunately my laptop lacks a proper HDMI port to transfer the picture: hence the need to use that client. This might sound like a whiny request but I was hoping I could get a definitive answer anyways.

grimmiq

On the way to work now so I can't make a big response but the short answer is no great. Game is locked to 30 for and I can't find a way to uncap it that doesn't break the game.

Not sure I follow.

Waitwaitwait..13-2 is capped at 30 for you? Mine's capped at 60 but it's such a shitty port that it bounces between 40-60 constantly (XIII stayed at 60 except for 1-2 secs at the start of fights)..would love it capped at 30.

EDIT: GeDoSaTo uncapped 13, but even without it 13-2 runs uncapped for me.

Pretty much, you should just try to make people happy at first. As long as you improve one persons day it will be worth it. With that said, if your shit is good enough, then expand upon it.
Yeup. Not to mention, I think enjoying what you're doing is one of the best ways to make good content anyway.

Numb

Night everybody and good luck on your streaming ventures VidulaSaix. Will tune in to your Ultimax streams.

Why the hell am i up at 7:30 am in the morning?

This is actually an add-on to this question, Pat: I've always been curious about whether it would be possible to make the video player on the website compatible with Chromecast, or, failing that, embed the YT version (if there is one) of the video on the website so there is a way to view from your website while using Chromecast. I regularly lay back and use my TV to watch your guys' content, and unfortunately my laptop lacks a proper HDMI port to transfer the picture: hence the need to use that client. This might sound like a whiny request but I was hoping I could get a definitive answer anyways.
For the record, their video player isn't in-house, it's just Screenwave Media Video Player.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

Not sure I follow.
I'd love to see you do that. I love CIV5 and I love chat interaction.

Waitwaitwait..13-2 is capped at 30 for you? Mine's capped at 60 but it's such a shitty port that it bounces between 40-60 constantly (XIII stayed at 60 except for 1-2 secs at the start of fights)..would love it capped at 30.

EDIT: GeDoSaTo uncapped 13, but even without it 13-2 runs uncapped for me.
Yep stays locked at 30 in the overworld and in battle locks to like 20. Gedodato makes it crash on start as well. What gpu do you have and what settings do you use? I have a 970 and run it at default settings 1920x1080 full screen.

Top Bottom