• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Jman014

Have you even hit whatever the level cap is in that game? Are you PvPing or raiding? Because I keep getting reminded of the whole "the game doesn't start until you hit endgame" rhetoric that my brother pelted at me all the time in high school.

Yeah I've hit the level 100 cap. Going to do raiding soon since Blackrock Foundry came out. Yeah it's all about the endgame in World of Warcraft, each patch usually brings a new, level appropriate raid. I've been out of the pvp scene though, but I know that they have problems with Blizzard not giving pvpers more stuff while constantly giving people that do PVE things to do.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Night everybody and good luck on your streaming ventures VidulaSaix. Will tune in to your Ultimax streams.

Why the hell am i up at 7:30 am in the morning?

Cuz you a real OG baller.

Since the programming thread is usually dead and it takes to long to get a response, anyone want to help me out here?
Code:
for(int x = 0; x < SALESPEOPLE;x++){
			System.out.println("How many slips did salesperson "+(x+1)+" sell?");
			slips = scan.nextInt();
			for(int y = 0; y < slips;y++){
				System.out.println("What was the product number for your "+(y+1)+" slip?");
				productNumber = scan.nextInt();
				[B]sales[x][y] += PRODUCTS[productNumber];[/B]
			}
		}
The bolded part, where is PRODUCTS[productNumber] getting stored? I want it to be stored in the y portion of sales. How would I go about doing that?

That's because they're all so forgettable. Slaine was probably the best main character compared to the others, but he just kept doing things for no goddamn reason.

Slaine felt like a character that would have been great if the writers weren't so incompetent. The others felt like no matter who was writing them they would have been forgettable in some way or another.

DXtory is better, and Shadowplay is better than that. DXtory is cheap too. 20-30 bucks and Lagarith Lossless Codec (which you should get) is free.

Cool, I'll look into those. Thanks.

Anung

Un Rama
I always thought it sucked that the MGS4 let's watch got shitcanned. Wish they'd resurrect it on their site or something.

On that note I'm gonna go to bed. My misses is gonna be back off a nightshift soon and I don't want her to get pissy because I stayed up all night playing games.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Wouldn't every dialogue selection be "GO TO WAR!"?

Exactly. It's a gamble, since other Civ's finding you is only a matter of time, you would need to beef your military right away and not focus on other cities. Then you have to see how long you can last.

demidar

Since the programming thread is usually dead and it takes to long to get a response, anyone want to help me out here?
Code:
for(int x = 0; x < SALESPEOPLE;x++){
			System.out.println("How many slips did salesperson "+(x+1)+" sell?");
			slips = scan.nextInt();
			for(int y = 0; y < slips;y++){
				System.out.println("What was the product number for your "+(y+1)+" slip?");
				productNumber = scan.nextInt();
				[B]sales[x][y] += PRODUCTS[productNumber];[/B]
			}
		}
The bolded part, where is PRODUCTS[productNumber] getting stored? I want it to be stored in the y portion of sales. How would I go about doing that?

I don't really know what you're asking for, because the snippet you provided doesn't show where and how PRODUCTS[productNumber] is defined, and it is being stored (or incremented) in the y portion of sales.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I don't really know what you're asking for, because the snippet you provided doesn't show where and how PRODUCTS[productNumber] is defined, and it is being stored (or incremented) in the y portion of sales.

Code:
final int SALESPEOPLE = 4;
		double[][] sales = new double[SALESPEOPLE][6];
		final double[] PRODUCTS = {0.0,1.0,1.5,2.0,3.0,5.0};
		int productNumber, slips;

The top bit, if you needed it.

Okay good, and now we play the "what the fuck else is wrong with my code" game.

Ilvocare

For the record, their video player isn't in-house, it's just Screenwave Media Video Player.

Well then, that makes the first option plainly unfeasible. Didn't know that, thanks.

Yeah I've hit the level 100 cap. Going to do raiding soon since Blackrock Foundry came out. Yeah it's all about the endgame in World of Warcraft, each patch usually brings a new, level appropriate raid. I've been out of the pvp scene though, but I know that they have problems with Blizzard not giving pvpers more stuff while constantly giving people that do PVE things to do.

Man, I don't even know about that game. I joined in BC and then stopped in Wrath because I was constantly being told that I wasn't really having fun going through the game and a relatively sedate pace. WoW is the best MMO, there's little doubt about that, but it's also burned me on MMOs forever (outside of games that have a different system of gameplay associated with it). I'm glad you're having fun, but my experience taught me that the game just wasn't for me.

Cuz you a real OG baller.

You can't add single dimensional arrays to multidimensional ones. You need to use a loop to go through each location in sales[x][y] and add each specific value from Products.

I would invest in a $50 vita tv if it had more shit I would want other than Persona

No but look at the top 5 selling vita games on Amazon.ca, you love it
ntNiQR7.png

You just wait for SAO chapter 32.5 where the writer gets bored and writes a scene in which that happens and fills it with weird flavour text explaining the world

Yup. My passions are stuff I plan to pursue on the side, not rely on financially. Gotta keep myself alive n shit.

1066.gif

Don't be jealous.

tumblr_mae7bivqxR1qjywuwo1_500.gif

You had fun, don't lie.

It was awful and I'm never doing it again.

B8AD2D3A-2E06-4A04-B6AC-6D1BA81E540A_zpsyjkj1kbt.jpg

I'm sure you all can imagine the care bear salt

I GOT STUCK WITH THE BASKETBALL LOLI.

Jman014

Man, I don't even know about that game. I joined in BC and then stopped in Wrath because I was constantly being told that I wasn't really having fun going through the game and a relatively sedate pace. WoW is the best MMO, there's little doubt about that, but it's also burned me on MMOs forever (outside of games that have a different system of gameplay associated with it). I'm glad you're having fun, but my experience taught me that the game just wasn't for me.
Thanks man and it's fine. I find it JUST compelling enough to keep playing but I don't think I could recommend it to others. I'd totally be down for a singleplayer Warcraft rpg, though.

grimmiq

Yep stays locked at 30 in the overworld and in battle locks to like 20. Gedodato makes it crash on start as well. What gpu do you have and what settings do you use? I have a 970 and run it at default settings 1920x1080 full screen.

HD7870, GeDoSaTo works for XIII-2, for some reason my TV plays some games at 1080p perfectly but others it cuts off the bottom of the screen so running it at 1680x1050, x2 AA and 1024x1024 shadows. Tried to record a bit with fraps but as soon as I hit record it drops from bouncing around 40-50fps to a solid 30 ><..Don't really want to have to record the entirety of a playthrough just so I can get steady fps.

I might just delay playing it, my PC is almost 2 years old now so I'll likely be doing a complete overhaul/new build at the end of the year.

Zenfalcia

Slaine felt like a character that would have been great if the writers weren't so incompetent. The others felt like no matter who was writing them they would have been forgettable in some way or another.

Slaine had potential then the writers just kept just doing the stupidest crap. I wish the sergeant was the main character. His story was more interesting than the main story. I wish he had a bigger part and did more. They could've been a bigger part into it rather than just boring side characters. Inaho's motivation for the first battle was just.. awful. Do you even remember what happened?

Slaine had potential then the writers just kept just doing the stupidest crap. I wish the sergeant was the main character. His story was more interesting than the main story. I wish he had a bigger part and did more. They could've been a bigger part into it rather than just boring side characters. Inaho's motivation for the first battle was just.. awful. Do you even remember what happened?

I forgot about him, he was pretty cool. My problem with those kind of characters is that I can never shake the feeling that it's not going to go anywhere and my getting invested is a bad idea, especially since any development it might have will by design be in the background of a completely uninteresting story.

He also felt like one of those things where his story isn't actually very good, but it's in such stark contrast to the mediocrity of everything else surrounding it that it seems way better. The narrative version of the cheerleader effect.

demidar

Code:
final int SALESPEOPLE = 4;
		double[][] sales = new double[SALESPEOPLE][6];
		final double[] PRODUCTS = {0.0,1.0,1.5,2.0,3.0,5.0};
		int productNumber, slips;

The top bit, if you needed it.

Okay good, and now we play the "what the fuck else is wrong with my code" game.

Nothing special there, so I assume PRODUCTS is just being allocated dynamically. Are you asking how to point the values of the [x][y] matrix to the memory addresses of PRODUCTS?

Have you even hit whatever the level cap is in that game? Are you PvPing or raiding? Because I keep getting reminded of the whole "the game doesn't start until you hit endgame" rhetoric that my brother pelted at me all the time in high school.

This is actually an add-on to this question, Pat: I've always been curious about whether it would be possible to make the video player on the website compatible with Chromecast, or, failing that, embed the YT version (if there is one) of the video on the website so there is a way to view from your website while using Chromecast. I regularly lay back and use my TV to watch your guys' content, and unfortunately my laptop lacks a proper HDMI port to transfer the picture: hence the need to use that client. This might sound like a whiny request but I was hoping I could get a definitive answer anyways.

I have no idea what chromecast is, but embedding youtube links on the website is something we want to avoid if at all possible for reasons that should be fairly obvious. Sorry.

Zenfalcia

I forgot about him, he was pretty cool. My problem with those kind of characters is that I can never shake the feeling that it's not going to go anywhere and my getting invested is a bad idea, especially since any development it might have will by design be in the background of a completely uninteresting story.

He also felt like one of those things where his story isn't actually very good, but it's in such stark contrast to the mediocrity of everything else surrounding it that it seems way better. The narrative version of the cheerleader effect.

It's funny because your suspicions were right, and he didn't even do anything.
If i remember correctly, he might have died in a 5 second bit when they were descending from space, because I don't remember seeing him anywhere else.

Maybe? I think it was above average since people might actually connect to his characterization and his flashbacks were remotely interesting.
I hate that they just leave that bit out. WTF is heaven's fall? How the hell did he not die? too many questions, no answers.
It just felt like some side dish that tasted way better than the main course.

Top Bottom