• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Mathaou

legacy of cane
How would I store the contents of one dimension of a two dimensional array into a one dimensional array? Is that just not possible?

Honestly I kinda envy your ability to not be bothered by mediocre dubs. If I get the feeling it's hurting the show it drives me crazy.

I'm so not picky when it comes to english voices. If its tolerable, then I honestly don't care. Having it sound like Fate/Zero is just a bonus.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Honestly I kinda envy your ability to not be bothered by mediocre dubs. If I get the feeling it's hurting the show it drives me crazy.

I'll always give the dub a try, and only switch to the sub if it's:
a) not available
b) horrible
c) I hate the voice actors

Patricia Martin in Lucky Star almost made me go to subs. Almost.

360pages

Oh we're starting the Jitsu wa Watashi wa push?

Worship the Troll God Akane and sacrifice your sweets, because she will blight you

0hTV47I.png

Never stop the push!

Ilvocare

Mako is still the worst, but she's somewhat more tolerable now. Satsuki and especially Ryuko sound way more better and their voices fit their characters better..

Gotta live that dub lifestyle, English is the only language.

To me, Mako is the worst up until
episode 5
where I became neutral to her, and then
motherfucking episode 7
allowed me to like her. Not think she's the best, mind. Just like her.
My "worst" character in the show is Sanageyama, no contest.

1. She's literally the best.

2. As someone who loves the English language beyond all reason and has devoted his life to it, I disagree because country of origin's language is the only admissible language for media.

Speaking from the point of view of someone with a Hispanic heritage, Spanish media is fucking unwatchable, and I've yet to find anything that can change that opinion.

@IIvocare, I'll avoid quoting to save myself from anything I haven't been spoiled to yet, but I guess its way too soon to judge her until I've seen more than like 3 episodes.

Zenfalcia

I really liked how it evolved from what was looking like a super basic Monster Girl/Boy relationship to something with so many awesome and interesting characters. Now I simply need to wait until I decides to turn into a shonen...

From that picture, it looks shonen like. I kinda wish stuff didn't turn into a shounen as much sometimes.
What what? That would have been so much easier. I'll note it down for my next playthrough.

Yeah... I wiped multiple times and then just looked it up like a scrub. One of the only times marin karin was actually useful.
Yeah, that one was rough too. Atlus games tend to have a lot of really hard boss fights. So much so that they have their own TVTropes page for it.

That's hilarious.

episode 5
motherfucking episode 7

Speaking from the point of view of someone with a Hispanic heritage, Spanish media is fucking unwatchable, and I've yet to find anything that can change that opinion.

Yeah, but the point is, is it unwatchable because it's in Spanish? Or because it sucks? Would dubbing improve it? I've always preferred subs, and since I grew up in Montreal, I knew tons of french kids that would rather go see a movie in english they only half understood than put up with the shit french dubbing we'd get.

episode 5
motherfucking episode 7

I am always surprised when people say that Sanageyama is their least favourite character. He doesn't do much and is just kinda there but he had some hype moments. I thought he was better than the computer guy

360pages

Yeah, but the point is, is it unwatchable because it's in Spanish? Or because it sucks? Would dubbing improve it? I've always preferred subs, and since I grew up in Montreal, I knew tons of french kids that would rather go see a movie in english they only half understood than put up with the shit french dubbing we'd get.

I pick dub, unless something is legit unwatchable.

Welp, Koivula totally froze up after a beautiful 1st and 2nd round and spent last 10 rounds getting beat up and clinching. Completely one-sided fight from 3rd round to 12th round and Matano's the champ. It's your win Romars
kyZi9Oc.jpg

Would have made this your avatar had Koivula won.
Wv40hDf.png

Thanks man, that's class. You're a gracious loser, Nord
And a wouldbe savage winner I see. Gonna put some thought into your avatar, givemeasec...
Is Akihiko a nicer version of Jotaro?

I remember thinking he was the stuck up cool guy trope, because he seems to avoid meeting you in game at first. Then when you finally meet him, he's the nicest dude ever and you're like woah... what are these feelings...

360pages

From that picture, it looks shonen like. I kinda wish stuff didn't turn into a shounen as much sometimes.

Yeah... I wiped multiple times and then just looked it up like a scrub. One of the only times marin karin was actually useful.

That's hilarious.

Hahah, it's not too much, though the recent chapter was oddly goal oriented. But I can see it getting dull super quick if there isn't more too that type of story.

All you need to know about Spanish programming is that it can break out in Benny Hill like shenanigans at any second. That and women hosts wear the shortest business skirts.

Zenfalcia

I don't like him.

He keeps asking inappropriate questions and game essentially forced him on me

It's fine! Just do it for the stronger magician peronsa. It'll pay off.
Hahah, it's not too much, though the recent chapter was oddly goal oriented. But I can see it getting dull super quick if there isn't more too that type of story.

I haven't been keeping up with it, so I can't really comment much about it. :/

All you need to know about Spanish programming is that it can break out in Benny Hill like shenanigans at any second. That and women hosts wear the shortest business skirts.

I frequent Mexican restaurants and there seem to be two constants.

1. Fuck ton of dancing.
2. Lot of women wearing leopard, which personally sends me into a frenzy.

Those two things make it amazing. I was there the other week and some soap opera was on. Normal shit was happening then all of a sudden one of the characters was a Luchador in a wrestling match and it was serious as hell.

Freaked me out for a second.

I frequent Mexican restaurants and there seem to be two constants.

1. Fuck ton of dancing.
2. Lot of women wearing leopard, which personally sends me into a frenzy.

Those two things make it amazing. I was there the other week and some soap opera was on. Normal shit was happening then all of a sudden one of the characters was a Luchador in a wrestling match and it was serious as hell.

Freaked me out for a second.
ZOOM PAN, PAN ZOOM, ZOOM PAN ZOOM. DRAMATIC MUSIC

I forgot that guy existed till like a minute ago. Terrible.
I cannot begin to express the hatred I have for the guy. I didn't know his name till I looked it up.

He's a self absorbed, egotistical asshole who also lacks any common sense, and I want to punch him the entire time. I actually wonder if the translation team just fucked up, because he is literally the WORST.

Well he is the least crazy of a crazy cast. It's not that he's bad, just that he isn't as weird as this guy:

Gamagori.Ira.full.1624537.jpg

or this guy:
Well Takarada has loads of dosh, it's hard to compete with that.

I guess he is a little plain compared to everyone else but he is still Link/Viral doing hype swordsman things. The thing he did after that other thing happened was awesome

Top Bottom