• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

ultimax

I cannot begin to express the hatred I have for the guy. I didn't know his name till I looked it up.

He's a self absorbed, egotistical asshole who also lacks any common sense, and I want to punch him the entire time. I actually wonder if the translation team just fucked up, because he is literally the WORST.

Honestly i dont remember his S-link at all. Is he still in the FeMC route?

Zenfalcia

I cannot begin to express the hatred I have for the guy. I didn't know his name till I looked it up.

He's a self absorbed, egotistical asshole who also lacks any common sense, and I want to punch him the entire time. I actually wonder if the translation team just fucked up, because he is literally the WORST.

I think they did him perfectly and he was portrayed the way he was meant to be.
Just joined the track team and started the chariot S Link

Also now when I see Tarot Cards, I think of Jojo

THE WORLD

ew. why track?

Honestly i dont remember his S-link at all. Is he still in the FeMC route?
Nope, thank god.
I think they did him perfectly and he was portrayed the way he was meant to be.
He's certainly not likeable.
The worst part is I kept giving the asshole a chance, thinking the next rank would tell me something that would explain why he's been terrible, but he just got worse. And worse. And worse.

I get that he's being compared to his brother or whatever, but that excuses almost none of what he did or how he acted. He's just an asshole.

This is basically what I wanted.

Ilvocare

Yeah, but the point is, is it unwatchable because it's in Spanish? Or because it sucks? Would dubbing improve it? I've always preferred subs, and since I grew up in Montreal, I knew tons of french kids that would rather go see a movie in english they only half understood than put up with the shit french dubbing we'd get.

Honestly, I'd have to unironically say that it's a little of column A, a little of column B. Is there really any televised media in Spanish isn't either news, sports, telenovelas (i.e. Spanish soaps), shitty reality TV, or shitty sketch comedy shows? I figure the closest thing I'd get to a genuine good piece of Spanish media would be Pan's Labyrinth (which of course I couldn't see at the time due to age and due to "you'll never be able to date a girl to that type of shit movie"). Something instinctively tells me that if that movie was completely redubbed in English it'd have to be a miracle job for it to achieve the feeling it originally did.

At the same time, though, even if I was raised under a fallacy, it's still something I lived for literally at least 18 years. And with not receiving any proof to the contrary for so long, I guess it's simply a habit now. Like, I don't think EVERYTHING should be dubbed. At the same time, there's moments where I'm watching a thing and would like the choice. I don't trust myself to evaluate things like acting ability and timing when it comes to a language I don't understand.

TL;DR: I was stubbornly raised to be stubborn and it's taken me like the past year or two to expand my horizons.

I am always surprised when people say that Sanageyama is their least favourite character. He doesn't do much and is just kinda there but he had some hype moments. I thought he was better than the computer guy

I could make a case for Inumuta vs. Sanageyama, but the short version is that both are doing mildly significant things and meet with like 80% failure. One handles it way better than the other. The other is also associated with the show's near breaking point of suspension of disbelief for me, as well.
I legit don't think I can ever watch episode 6 of KlK ever again, man.

Nope, thank god.
The worst part is I kept giving the asshole a chance, thinking the next rank would tell me something that would explain why he's been terrible, but he just got worse. And worse. And worse.
I get that he's being compared to his brother or whatever, but that excuses almost none of what he did or how he acted. He's just an asshole.

P3 Spoilers
I didn't know there were other teams.

I chose soccer instead of BasketBall in P4

Clearly you don't looooooooooooooooooooove them balls.

Jman014

Honestly, I'd have to unironically say that it's a little of column A, a little of column B. Is there really any televised media in Spanish isn't either news, sports, telenovelas (i.e. Spanish soaps), shitty reality TV, or shitty sketch comedy shows? I figure the closest thing I'd get to a genuine good piece of Spanish media would be Pan's Labyrinth (which of course I couldn't see at the time due to age and due to "you'll never be able to date a girl to that type of shit movie"). Something instinctively tells me that if that movie was completely redubbed in English it'd have to be a miracle job for it to achieve the feeling it originally did.

At the same time, though, even if I was raised under a fallacy, it's still something I lived for literally at least 18 years. And with not receiving any proof to the contrary for so long, I guess it's simply a habit now. Like, I don't think EVERYTHING should be dubbed. At the same time, there's moments where I'm watching a thing and would like the choice. I don't trust myself to evaluate things like acting ability and timing when it comes to a language I don't understand.

TL;DR: I was stubbornly raised to be stubborn and it's taken me like the past year or two to expand my horizons.

[/SPOILER]

How good is your Spanish? My dad tried teaching me some when I was a kid but it didn't work and I took Spanish in High School but I don't remember any of it so I'm Hispanic but don't speak any Spanish, sadly.

Zenfalcia

*googles other teams*

Fuck I could have done Kendo...

There's also a swim team...
Nope, thank god.

He was just deluded and up on his high horse. I mean not all people are good, and it kinda worked with the theme of P3.
I didn't know there were other teams.

I chose soccer instead of BasketBall in P4

That's why you always check instead of picking the first one you get to! :l

Nordicus

From that picture, it looks shonen like. I kinda wish stuff didn't turn into a shounen as much sometimes.
It isn't battle shounen, or will ever be, the mangaka just really likes taking reactions to extremes
5VS4MCF.jpg

AhKxH0q.gif
Maybe little bit of context is needed for this panel though:
The girl with the sparkly eyes is usually an unfeminine, mean and cruel paparazzi type person so her acting like a magical girl is really unsettling

Ilvocare

How good is your Spanish? My dad tried teaching me some when I was a kid but it didn't work and I took Spanish in High School but I don't remember any of it so I'm Hispanic but don't speak any Spanish, sadly.

My Spanish is in the weird limbo zone of "I can understand the general gist of like 85% of conversations but the moment I open my mouth I engage in an endless cycle of tripping over my own dick". I'm a listener, not a talker.

Jman014

My Spanish is in the weird limbo zone of "I can understand the general gist of like 85% of conversations but the moment I open my mouth I engage in an endless cycle of tripping over my own dick". I'm a listener, not a talker.

Dude I wish I had what YOU have going on with that. One of these days I need to buy that Rosetta Stone thing and try to learn some Spanish again.

Request 12 of Flower, Sun and Rain.

Unfortunately, unlike Bill Murray's numerous attempts to kill himself in Groundhog Day, Sumio Mondo DID NOT come back to life after the day reset. With the main character now dead, the game focuses on special investigators Yoshimitsu Koshimizu and Remy Fawzil, both being characters from the Silver Case. They arrive at the hotel to meet the manager, and we see Mondo's corpse in the back area of the hotel. We're told that Catherine was stolen from Mondo after his death by the island's resident thief Step. Koshi spotted him earlier upon reaching the island, and gives chase.

This leads us to the island's shopping center, where Koshi sneaks up on Step inside a store to apprehend him. However, Remy contacts Koshi just as this happens to reveal that Step is a fucking human bomb. Koshi escapes the building, and Step's explosion not only destroys the shopping center but also the plane explodes immediately afterwards.

But this isn't the craziest part of this chapter.

At the end of every chapter prior, there has been a brief cutscene of a girl named Toriko Kusabi chasing after her pet pink crocodile Christina, usually tracing the steps of where Mondo last was that day. Here, Toriko catches up to Christina, and the croc proceeds to complain to her about giving him a girl's name (yes, a male pink crocodile). She arrives at the lighthouse Mondo visited the previous night and encounters Sundance Shot. Not only does she know he's the one that killed Mondo, but also calls him by another name: Kamui Uehara, a deadly assassin from the Silver Case's backstory where he killed several government figures and was afterwards killed himself. The rest of the conversation is...I'll admit, I'm not sure what the result of it is because it appears that Sundance is causing the island's time loop. It looked more like Toriko and Sundance ended up at some sort of agreement before the reset.

Shit is getting super nuts and fascinating, I love it. Especially with all these connections to the Silver Case making me want to spend money on a copy. This game continues to simultaneously be the best and worst thing ever.

Jman014

I just want the P5 MC to do some evil ass shit. Lemme slap a bitch or tell this kid how much of a loser he is.

No P5 MC is just a bad guy from WWE like Seth Rollins. Btw does anyone know why the shirts that Seth Rollins wear have water on them, like as if Rollins had just washed his hair and didn't dry it so water drips from his hair?

I wanna beat both P2s and P3P before P5 releases.
He was just deluded and up on his high horse. I mean not all people are good, and it kinda worked with the theme of P3.
I guess, but maybe he just really pushed my buttons. I hated every single moment I spent with him, and I was impressed I actually hated a character, I normally don't have feelings like that.

Even people like
Griffth
I just regard as part of the story while realizing they did bad things, but maybe the idea I was supposed to like him or so,ething just made me honestly loathe him

Zenfalcia

YEAH HIGH FIVE FOR MISSING OUT ON CONTENT

I did the same playing them blind, but I realize it's dumb. I think towards the end of P3 I got a few ranks in from Swimming.

It's super dumb. Missing content is the dumbest.
P3 Spoilers

Clearly you don't looooooooooooooooooooove them balls.

amazing.. Truly amazing.
It isn't battle shounen, or will ever be, the mangaka just really likes taking reactions to extremes

Maybe little bit of context is needed for this panel though:
The girl with the sparkly eyes is usually an unfeminine, mean and cruel paparazzi type person so her acting like a magical girl is really unsettling

Ah, okay. Extreme reactions are okay as long as they aren't over done.

Do you guys think P5 will have a martial arts class thing? Because I think that would be interesting.

Here's what I'm betting on. Baseball, tennis, and maybe a dance class. Maybe it'll be all style related, who knows.

So I just caught up with Jojo. Does anyone actually like Polnareff? He's fucking awful.

He's my favorite of the group.

No P5 MC is just a bad guy from WWE like Seth Rollins. Btw does anyone know why the shirts that Seth Rollins wear have water on them, like as if Rollins had just washed his hair and didn't dry it so water drips from his hair?

P5 MC is Brock Lesnar.

I need all my games to be dark and edgy

Everything should be just like Future Diary.

He's in Persona prison for a reason

Gotta get out of Prison school.

You should go play P1 before starting EP. I had a couple of Whos?
Ehhh, yeah I probably should. I handled SMT1 alright so P1 can't be that bad.
So I just caught up with Jojo. Does anyone actually like Polnareff? He's fucking awful.
You kidding? He's awesome. If there's a weak link in the Part 3 crew it's either Iggy or Avdol. Especially since
Avdol was actually supposed to die

Ilvocare

Dude I wish I had what YOU have going on with that. One of these days I need to buy that Rosetta Stone thing and try to learn some Spanish again.

Expectations are everything, man. If you speak one correct thing in another language, the people around you expect that you know that language and will want to hear more. Every time you have to dash their hopes by either saying you can't follow it up or you just straight up fail basic pronunciation and get known as the local gringo. Now imagine that situation happening like every time you talk to a person while you go through your life.

Polnareff is the Mako of Part 3 in my opinion. He's hard to love, but harder to hate.

Zenfalcia

I wanna beat both P2s and P3P before P5 releases.
I guess, but maybe he just really pushed my buttons. I hated every single moment I spent with him, and I was impressed I actually hated a character, I normally don't have feelings like that.

Even people like
Griffth
I just regard as part of the story while realizing they did bad things, but maybe the idea I was supposed to like him or so,ething just made me honestly loathe him

Well, he's not supposed to be likeable. Maybe I'm just a forgiving person, and i thought it was interesting how he portrayed a type of person in society.
Sure he's petty and jealous, but he has his own reasons and then manages to over come them, which is nice.
. He's not exactly likeable, but I don't hate him.

Top Bottom